My Proposal for League Structure for Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Proposal for League Structure for Next Season

First and foremost, many have been complaining about the lack of competition in recent Leagues, and also the amount of squads just not showing up and not caring for league. Keep in mind, when we see these squads not showing or caring for leagues we are seeing specific group of people who just don't care about this game. With this in mind, I will argue why breaking up the 3 leagues into separate times will work, while adding premier/intermediate/amateur conference break down to fix the competition aspect of league.

First, by breaking up the leagues into Dueling and Basing leagues, we will have more squads competing both, and will have a group of people who will actually care for the league. Let me elaborate, if squads were able to focus on specific leagues, this will allow them to enhance there skills in that specific league and will create "new" blood in that league. For example, I will use my squads and penetrate to argue for this point. Both Pandora and Penetrate are seen as basing squads who have proved that new blood can be a threat in their respective league of basing. Now if league were to separate, this will allow squads like Pandora and Penetrate to concentrate on Wbs and Javs making these players in these squads to get to practicing, which will create more activity with respect to TWD Games. Keep in mind, no matter how much you can argue, there are specific people in this game who just don't care about playing and will not show to matches no matter how much changes you do. (i.e. players from lifeban, juice, and other squads that dropped out this season) By breaking up league, it will create the opportunity for pure basers or pure duelers to actually learn other leagues and to actually get good at it.

With respect to separating league into premier/inter/amateur, this will allow squads to face people of their own caliber and allow for close games. Also, it will allow more squads into TWL and have more exposure to what league has to offer. I will use TWLJ as to further my point,

Premier: Dice/Pandora/Hydra/Thunder/Disoblige/Style
    Inter: Sage/Plade/Mambo/Wingmasters/Puma/Tough
    Amateur: Squads who want exposure in league

*This will allow squads to face each other 2 times during regular season, which will be better.

Keep in mind by breaking up league, we will have more pure basing squads or pure wbing squads trying to enter into TWLJ so having more squads playing it therefore changing the certain squad break down i have right now. You never know squads such as, Quicksand/Penetrate/Spastic/Fistula can easily get into Inter.

With respect to roster size, i believe if one were to break league up that rosters sizes for LEAGUE should be cut to maximum 30 people. I know its not such a big cut off, but 5 people can cause the creation of 5 more squads. And alot more players will leave squads if they do not start, because there will be more squads will alot of skill.

Now the big question is about, which squads deserve to be in Pro/Inter/Ama. The best way to do this is by allowing squads that have gotten into semis in each League to auto qualify for next season Pro division ( that is squads in pro). Which leaves 2 spots up for grabs, in which we will have MATCHES to decide who will get in. Ye that is right, we will have a mini elimination, which the 2 squads who were in Pro last season will face winner of Inter the season prior and the top 3 squads in the TWD ladder excluding those who are already in PRO. Let me provide an example of this:

Premier Standings: Those in who made Semis: Pandora/Dice/Hydra/Thunder
    Inter Winner : Plade

K here how this will work: Style/Disoblige/Plade/(now 3 twd top squads: -Final-/Mambo/Sage)

Disoblige and Style auto qualify to "semis" of this elimination round since they were in pro last season:

Plade vs Sage ( who was last squad to qualify ( finished 3rd in standings ) )
    -Final- vs Mambo

Disoblige vs -Final- ( since disoblige finished higher last season they get the "easier" opponent who finished lower )

Style vs Plade

Therefore -Final- and Style will make Pro since they made finals of the elimination round, and will fight just for a fun game to watch. This way can work for getting into Inter as well and AML will be rest.

I know alot of people can argue with what I am trying to say, but keep in mind, the players who do leave during league or do not show up to matches. One can never change them, because they do NOT care about the game and we shouldn't be making changes to better "fit" them, but rather make changes that better fit the population of Twers that are committed to this game, and I think this will be the best way.

P.S. : I know alot of people going to argue using Exalt line of arguing that i am "taking" other people's ideas, but instead we all know there are problems with TW and these are the ideas that many have agreed will work, but what I am doing is giving a structure of how they will work and why they should be incorporated.
    Last edited by eelam <tw>; 12-18-2007, 02:18 AM.
    TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
    1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
    1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
    First and foremost, many have been complaining about the lack of competition in recent Leagues, and also the amount of squads just not showing up and not caring for league. Keep in mind, when we see these squads not showing or caring for leagues we are seeing specific group of people who just don't care about this game. With this in mind, I will argue why breaking up the 3 leagues into separate times will work, while adding premier/intermediate/amateur conference break down to fix the competition aspect of league.

First, by breaking up the leagues into Dueling and Basing leagues, we will have more squads competing both, and will have a group of people who will actually care for the league. Let me elaborate, if squads were able to focus on specific leagues, this will allow them to enhance there skills in that specific league and will create "new" blood in that league. For example, I will use my squads and penetrate to argue for this point. Both Pandora and Penetrate are seen as basing squads who have proved that new blood can be a threat in their respective league of basing. Now if league were to separate, this will allow squads like Pandora and Penetrate to concentrate on Wbs and Javs making these players in these squads to get to practicing, which will create more activity with respect to TWD Games. Keep in mind, no matter how much you can argue, there are specific people in this game who just don't care about playing and will not show to matches no matter how much changes you do. (i.e. players from lifeban, juice, and other squads that dropped out this season) By breaking up league, it will create the opportunity for pure basers or pure duelers to actually learn other leagues and to actually get good at it.

With respect to separating league into premier/inter/amateur, this will allow squads to face people of their own caliber and allow for close games. Also, it will allow more squads into TWL and have more exposure to what league has to offer. I will use TWLJ as to further my point,

Premier: Dice/Pandora/Hydra/Thunder/Disoblige/Style
    Inter: Sage/Plade/Mambo/Wingmasters/Puma/Tough
    Amateur: Squads who want exposure in league

Keep in mind by breaking up league, we will have more pure basing squads or pure wbing squads trying to enter into TWLJ so having more squads playing it therefore changing the certain squad break down i have right now. You never know squads such as, Quicksand/Penetrate/Spastic/Fistula can easily get into Inter.

With respect to roster size, i believe if one were to break league up that rosters sizes for LEAGUE should be cut to maximum 30 people. I know its not such a big cut off, but 5 people can cause the creation of 5 more squads. And alot more players will leave squads if they do not start, because there will be more squads will alot of skill.

I know alot of people can argue with what I am trying to say, but keep in mind, the players who do leave during league or do not show up to matches. One can never change them, because they do NOT care about the game and we shouldn't be making changes to better "fit" them, but rather make changes that better fit the population of Twers that are committed to this game, and I think this will be the best way.
    this is way too hard to read, but ill put this in simple terms for you

stop stealing other peoples ideas, thats all your doing in this post

i had the idea of the whole premier/intermediate/amateur league thing with ricko making another post keeping the idea going, duno who thought of the seperating basing and dueling thing but its already been said

my thought is this, do NOT seperate basing and dueling leagues

the premier/intermediate/amateur thing is a good idea however, which most people seem to agree upon
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

re

lol taking your idea? it wasn't your idea to begin with it was an idea that many people have thought of, but as you can see i put it in a structure of league which i backed up, why don't you read it. LOL do you think TWL has been talking about this only this season, and saying "I" have been stealing other people's ideas? Buddy I play in 3 different zones and 3 different leagues, and I just incorporated all I have seen work. Rather than attacking me son, why dont you do some productive and either give critic of the structure or offer something better, you stupid newbie.
      TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
      TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
      KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
      1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
      1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

how about strikeball
        Originally posted by turmio
        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
        Originally posted by grand
        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I would like to share my proposal for league structure for next season as well.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Cnf.html

It works, at least we don't play each squad for just one game!
          TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
          TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
          Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
          1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
          4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
          1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Jesus fuck, add incomprehensible to the list of eelams flaws.

Sounded like utter wankness. And what is pandora doing in 'pro' section?

Comment

Lets start a Credibility League.

The following people will not qualify:
              Eelam

Comment

I like this
                Inter Winner : Plade
                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Honestly, it sounds like a really interesting idea. But the staff will never implement even a fraction of it because they're too afraid of change and possibly fucking everything up.

What they don't realize, of course, is that SS can just as easily die from stagnation as from poor decisions that change the leagues. I'm enjoying myself under the current system, but a hell of a lot of people aren't, apparently.

Does any old time senior member of staff have the balls to take control and bring real innovation to the game? Only time will tell, but I'm betting no.
                  LUE 402 >>> j00
                  Ha ha HA. Not to scale.

Comment

Splitting the league system into a pyramid system with a premier and intermediate league is a good idea and should be done. Splitting the leagues up into a time for LB and another time for LJ/LD is a mediocre idea. Assuming that because you've split up the league, people that were previously focused on LD or LJ will now focus on LB (and vice versa) is a naive one. People are just as likely to take that time off as a break. In a best case scenario people would go from league to league but that's just not going to happen, at least not on a large enough scale to warrant splitting the leagues up.

I'm still undecided about how the qualification process should go but I'm leaning towards using this TWL's results for just the first season of this new tiered system. From then on out, the worst performing squad in premier would go to intermediate, the winning squad in intermediate would move up to pro, any squads that dissolve would just be given a score of 0 for the rest of the season (no replacement). This ensured nobody is going to dissolve a squad in some lame attempt to move another squad up into premier league. If a premier league squad dissolved then the winner and runner up from intermediate league would move up (or the winner from intermediate league would move up and the worst performing squad in premier would stay).
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                      Splitting the leagues up into a time for LB and another time for LJ/LD is a mediocre idea. Assuming that because you've split up the league, people that were previously focused on LD or LJ will now focus on LB (and vice versa) is a naive one. People are just as likely to take that time off as a break.
                      Players already take a break during most of the year when TWL doesn't happen. At least there is activity throughout the year if we have TWLB separate from TWLJ and TWLD. Pyramid scheme is a lot more iffy idea. Even dividing leagues into pro and ama is an iffy idea.

Main thing is preventing squads from dropping out and increasing or maintaining an active interest (from both newbies and vets ... put probably more towards newbies).

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
                        Players already take a break during most of the year when TWL doesn't happen. At least there is activity throughout the year if we have TWLB separate from TWLJ and TWLD. Pyramid scheme is a lot more iffy idea. Even dividing leagues into pro and ama is an iffy idea.

Main thing is preventing squads from dropping out and increasing or maintaining an active interest (from both newbies and vets ... put probably more towards newbies).
                        That's exactly what I'm talking about, players already take a break, which is exactly why it's naive to think that if we spread TWL out people would stay active to focus on another league. Pyramid scheme is not iffy, it's a proven success outside of this game but also within this game, in other zones. Pyramid league wouldn't stop squads from dropping out but It would make it so fewer squads drop out.
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

The fact that players must split their time between 3 leagues makes me believe that competition and activity would be better if the leagues were split. What makes you believe basers won't try out wb and javs more? I'm not saying there will be a huge change. But to me it makes perfect sense that wb and javs would get a slight or even mediocre boost if split from basing, and vice versa.

Remember the vets won't change whatever new changes are made. They've played this game long enough. It's just like any other game that you've played for awhile. There's really no way to "force" vets to care or be more active. On the other hand, there are kinda big ways where you can get newbies involved, active, and competitive.

Pyramid is a big change, and I still think it's up in the air how well it'll work. Sure Premier League has been using it. I dunno how it's been going though. And I really dunno why you believe it will discourage squads from quitting league. Sure give it a try ... I think change is the biggest thing TW needs ... whatever that change may be.

Comment

hey jackass, exalt never said it was his idea, seeing as how he got the idea from other zones' leagues
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

If we were to create a tiered league system, i think we should change it to 2 tiers, as opposed to 3. I feel like there may already be little desire to move from amateur to intermediate right now, that it would be repetitive. Also there is very little competition in league as of now, and this fact makes it seem unlikely that new squads will come out of nowhere to play "tiered leagues"

I think the only serious way to change leagues is to implement a serious roster limit. 15 people for a 1 league squad (dueling squad/javs) in add 5 if they are in javs/wb, add 10 if they are in basing. For a 1 league basing squad they may 20, but add 5 for each dueling league. That way l33t squads like dice/diso will still be able to have 30.

30 person max for TWD

Everyone always complains, says let people be on the squads they want, but theres so many people on all the good squads, and to deny this is just ignorant. Why not give it a chance? There really is no need to have more than this, since most squads for dueling/javs play the same ~8 players, and basing squads about ~12
                              What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

Working...
                              X