No announcement yet.

Crome Does it Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't even consider losing a punishment and you don't believe your negligance was serious. I'm disappointed but I guess it's the best I can hope for

Edit: By the way, I find your signature to be stupid and somewhat ironic. Basically it advocates a life of passivity and complacence, and rule with an iron fist. Who the fuck said that quote, Fidel Castro?
    Last edited by Latrine; 07-19-2002, 09:50 PM.
    I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

The fact is the rules were broken. I should have to make a decision as to whether or not to play this match. Playing them should not be an option. The rules were clearly violated and the league ops should alreayd have 25-0 for Gutter and 0-50 for Siege. I will have to take the win over Siege. I admit there is the motive of improving my squad's standings in the twl rankings and to me a win is a win. You can shell out all the disrespect to me and my squad, the fact is I won't allow the rules to be broken. I am taking the win not only to improve my squad's rankings but in an attempt (perhaps a vain one) to maintain the rules of this league.
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Wait wait - had to delete what I just wrote.

What should be done is use a mock situation regarding who/what is the squad/captain/situation.

Mock Situation:

A squad is late to register a time for a match. What happens to a squad that is late regardless of who it is and the reason why they are late? A rule is a rule.

Just my thoughts on how to resolve this correctly.
        Last edited by 2dragons; 07-19-2002, 10:09 PM.
        TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
        TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
        TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

The worst part is that...

Light now really is the only undefeated squad in TWL-D

You guys better not trash talk about that because Siege will hand your ass back to you in Week 10 (which I think is the interconference week).
          I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

It is official. Mayo Inc. has decided to take the win (like he had a choice). After researching this a bit, Crome was late in accepting a time, as was the rest of Siege co-captains. So by rules, he had to forfeit. Rules were broken. Gutter wins the match 50-0. Sorry to see it like that though. Have fun in SSCU Trench Wars!

Lots of love,
            Left_Eye
            sigpic

Comment

y'know, i always neglect this forum and whenever a really cool issue comes up (like this one) i never see it till its completely solved. but when i do see them, theyre completely, utterly, and ridiculously hilarious. this time im glad it turned out *oK* good thing lefty swooped in and saved the day.

(is there anything she CANT do?)

((if there is, i dont want to hear it))
              Originally posted by Yoshiba
              i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

ERMMM

ok u put a whole long list of sorries to siege members way back there and forget me you even put our newest recruit By the way, I could really care less whether we win or lose a stupid game because of some small detail. Means nothing. The playoffs are all that counts.
                -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager

Personally I hope gutter siezes this oppurtunity to use crome's own abuse in his face and make his squad suffer by losing their perfect record they cherish so much to go through such great lengths to preserve which would have proven them to be self defeating.It would serve them right.

Mayo and the rest of gutter, do as you wish an can do but don't let these heartless bastards influence you anyway at all.

Ahem..... since when am I addicted to SS? And since when do I suffer from a 2D flying ship game where people talk trash about nerdy stuff when they could be getting laid (or maybe not for some of you)? And since when am I a heartless bastard simply because my squad leader screwed up? Making plenty of assumptions, aren't we? I mean, it's okay to have your arguement, but don't have a stupid argument making assumptions about people who weren't involved, especially in a post which was not even from someone involved. Maybe you are angry but don't be angry with all of Siege for one person's mistake.
                  -Dave

Comment

Foreign, you're not on Siege's TWL roster. Might want to look into that if you want to play in leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign
                      And since when am I a heartless bastard simply because my squad leader screwed up? Making plenty of assumptions, aren't we? I mean, it's okay to have your arguement, but don't have a stupid argument making assumptions about people who weren't involved, especially in a post which was not even from someone involved. Maybe you are angry but don't be angry with all of Siege for one person's mistake.
                      Aha always the guilty who accuse. If you read carefully, rich is calling all the people who are against us taking the forfeit "heartless bastards" NOT Siege. Never did he point out ANYONE on Siege to be anything. Negative of positive. So then... making assumptions. aren't we?

Reading is FUNdamental.
                      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

i lake read to

Comment

Re: gg rules

Originally posted by Vihta
                          Another example of a rule that's totally retarded. Change the rule to like it is in pro.

"4b. When scheduling, Captains and/or acting Captains must make an attempt to schedule within 48 hours of the opposing teams attempt to negotiate a time. If this requirement is not met, then the opposing team will get the time they last negotiated for. "

In short... if u dont reply in 48 hours the opponent will get the time they asked for.
                          Pro League rule is 10x better. (BTW, I believe the end of that rule is that friday before the match is the last possible time to respond or something like that).

-Epi
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

I thought I was told by Crome that it was being changed to Thursday? Maybe not. Friday doesn't give much time to let your squad know.

~GK
                            "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."

Comment

you talk about a lack of respect. Well in this game you have to earn respect. Forfeit wins are nothing to be happy about. And the mere fact that IF and I say IF crome gave him the choice to forfeit or play they would have choose to forfeit makes it harder to earn in my view.
                              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Re: Re: gg rules

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                                Pro League rule is 10x better. (BTW, I believe the end of that rule is that friday before the match is the last possible time to respond or something like that).

-Epi
                                I have advocated looking at the rules/system they have and seeing what works (and of course, what doesn't) and then building from that.

However the parts they got wrong that we improve on are in their infant stages, and the parts they got right, we fucked up.

For what it's worth, I think Thursday is a good time to set deadline for (however at a later time, 10pm EST, which would be Friday for Euros I guess ). But open scheduling Monday morning (at best, if it can be done automaticly, set it for 11am EST Monday.)
                                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Working...
                                X