No announcement yet.

Official Appeal to TWLD Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all it does is promote cheating and basically shows that staff are biased when it comes to other staff members and in whole corrupt

you dont unban someone that was banned for cheating (doesn't matter if it was the roommate or not, its the same connection) and especially not during TWL finals

im sorry but this is complete and utter bullshit despite the outcome, dele cheated which he is known to do... oh weait basically half of stray was known to do... cough deluge cough... and pascone got his favor

way to ruin a TWL staffers, this clearly shows all who were involved are incompetent, and make very bad decisions when it regards to TWL
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

LOL giving a player on one squad a favor just because staff decides to is the fucking stupidest thing i've ever heard
      Gun remembers.

Comment

i'm not sure why everyone thinks i have so much pull. pure luck and especially rudy have delt with dele for longer than i have. i think they are capable of making decisions on their own, not at my suggestions. i've been running twl for 2 years, and was never promoted to smod, something nethila got after 1 i believe for doing the same thing i did. i'm pretty sure most of staff probably doesn't me anyway, so i really don't think i have that much swing.

again, i went to rudy and pl as a CAPTAIN of a squad. i still haven't seen anyone here, especially other twl captains, say that they wouldn't have done the exact same thing. so tell me exactly what i did that was wrong. tried to get my best player to play in the finals? you wouldn't try to do that? does this thread exist if dele goes 2-10 and we lose in two rounds? probably not.
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
          again, i went to rudy and pl as a CAPTAIN of a squad. i still haven't seen anyone here, especially other twl captains, say that they wouldn't have done the exact same thing. so tell me exactly what i did that was wrong. tried to get my best player to play in the finals? you wouldn't try to do that? does this thread exist if dele goes 2-10 and we lose in two rounds? probably not.
          This thread would exist, but instead of an appeal, it'd have people saying "LOL NT DELE GO SUCK SOME MORE RUDY COCK TO GET UNBANNED FOR TWL FINALS AND GO 2-10 LOLOLOLOL GG CHEATER" or something like that. Thunder wouldn't appeal, I'll concede that point to you. But the general public would still wonder why delectable would be unbanned in the first place.

Say whatever you want, but the fact remains that it's because of your status as twl op that upper staff even took your request seriously. Sure, you did nothing wrong as captain to try to get delectable to play, but postponing someone's perma-netban isn't a favor that's given out often (at least it shouldn't be). So it's not that you specifically did anything wrong this time; it's staff's bias in general that's worrisome.
          Originally posted by paradise!
          pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
          1:Reaver> HALP
          1:Reaver> HELELP
          1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
          1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
            This is a Tear Emo Drop Thread. First of all, thunder wouldn't have been in TWLD finals if vitja didn't cheat.

Justin Timberlake- I thought i told, what go's around comes back around
            FU HERC. I would have won the game for us anyways, I think it was like 47-47 anyhow.

As for this whole gay situation, I could care less about the result

Comment

They are so mad that we are twld champs. Exalt i got a title before you tongue in your face.

Oh and basically the only people complaining are those who sat in spectator mode, so how in the world does this affect you? Im going afk for 8 months than coming back next season to repeat.

Comment

Why are people arguing whether dele really cheated or not? If you're arguing whether dele was the one that cheated or his roommate cheated, you're fucking retarded. And I'll tell you why, because nobody here really knows whether he did or didn't unless you know dele outside the game and you were actually in his room and saw it happen. The bottom line is that dele was banned, not accidentally, and that ban was lifted as nothing more than a favor to the head TWL op of a squad competing in the LD finals. If you want to argue whether this is a good decision, then by all means, but don't sit here and argue about something you guys don't have enough proof to really say one way or the other.

Second of all, I'm better than all the warbirds on Stray. Carry on.
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

this happened earlier in the season, too. not the same circumstances of course. rudy unbanned me for a match because of a favour pulled for me. we lost against spastic. there weren't any complaints but i'm sure no one knew either. it's not really the same situation. i donno. personally i don't give a shit and i think that stray would've taken thunder regardless of dele being in or not, but that's not the issue since i don't think the game should be replayed by any means. i don't necessarily agree with the banfree though, either. it's just one of those situations where you're like "hmm, shit." but there's nothing you can do about it.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Sigh Style choked so none of you would be in Finals anyway
                    1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                    1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

• I guess this raises the arguement (again) for no TWL squad affiliation for TWL-ops...

The reason of this is not to prevent bias, but to prevent "the perception of bias". If a decision you make favours your squad it can look biased even if it is not.
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                        I guess this raises the arguement (again) for no TWL squad affiliation for TWL-ops...

The reason of this is not to prevent bias, but to prevent "the perception of bias". If a decision you make favours your squad it can look biased even if it is not.
                        I don't think we have the right to tell those who put in time to create TWL to quit their squads, and to not play. Even if pascone had quit his own squad, because he put alot of work into TWL, he would still be affiliated with his squad.

I do fully agree with the reason, and that reason is why this mess is here. Everybody can see that this looks shitty, and staff takes another hit to their credibilty. There won't be a replay either, so nothing good can come out of this.

What I do not understand is how Rudy could not see this coming. Unbanning someone who already has a shady reputation, just for the TWL finals, as a personal favor to another staff member. He has been through enough to understand how shitty this will look from the outside.
                        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

• Originally posted by Noah View Post
                          I don't think we have the right to tell those who put in time to create TWL to quit their squads, and to not play. Even if pascone had quit his own squad, because he put alot of work into TWL, he would still be affiliated with his squad.
                          What you propose as a solution?

The unbanning of Dele may or may not have been justifiable. The way the decision is interpreted has been entirly biased by pascone's position. as Jeeny said earlier he was given a banfree for an earlier game and no one cared. Having looked at the stats, Dele didn't have much of an effect on the game anyway.

The issue is not that staff must try to make fair decisions, but the decisions must be seen to be fair. Its quite possible to be biased and make a decision that is percieved as being fair and visa versa...
                          Last edited by Doc Flabby; 02-18-2008, 06:57 AM.
                          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                            What you propose as a solution? I'm not telling those to quit their squads. My proposal would be that TWL staff agree to not make decisions that affect games their squad is directly involved in.

The unbanning of Dele may or may not have been justifiable. The way the decision is interpreted has been entirly biased by pascone's position. as Jeeny said earlier he was given a banfree for an earlier game and no one cared. Having looked at the stats, Dele didn't have much of an effect on the game anyway.

The issue is not that staff must try to make fair decisions, but the decisions must be seen to be fair. Its quite possible to be biased and make a decision that is percieved as being fair and visa versa...
                            I'm not saying that I have a solution, but you don't need to know how to fix a problem to see that a fix won't work.

There's already a rule in place to prevent staff from doing anything to their own squads. Pascone never did anything, Rudy did. This is the problem.
                            Even as a lowly ER in staff, I participated in the "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" politics game the same way as everyone else (those who want can try to deny this, everyone who has had a stint within staff knows that this is true). Very like politics, you got the lobbying that gets everything done, including those things that shouldn't be possible (staff decisions regarding your own squad). There is no way a TWL-op, or upper, can play in a TWL squad, and not have any ties to get anything done.

This ranges from a staffer (let's call him Balls) playing someone who is laggy, and calls in a friend from staff (let's call him Cock) to look at it. In the same way Balls is biased to his squad, Cock will be biased towards his friend (Balls).

There is no fix for this, we can't monitor pm's, and who is influencing who into doing anything. I'd just like the ones doing these kind of things in high profile situations to do something to prevent a shit thread like this popping up.
                            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

• 1. Dele did play a huge part in the ld final; he mvped both rounds, how is that not important?

2. Noone else from thunder has appealed in this thread because we know nothing will come out of it as the head of twl is in...what squad is it again? oh ye! STRAY!
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• eh what, is dele banned again now after the game?

rofl
                                Originally posted by Tyson
                                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                                Originally posted by Izor
                                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X