No announcement yet.

TWL Invitation Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there should be some rule with hopping from squad A to squad B between TWD qualification (top 5) and TWDCup.

Also, squads that participate in TWDCup should have same requirements as qualifiers through TWD(top 5). (=minimum amount of games, AVR over 1000 or sumthing.)
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Attacks: If Stray reformed, they would be invited back for TWL. Since these rules are new and people didnt know about them until now, it wouldn't be right to exclude a finalist squad that didnt even know that they would be auto-invited back.

Cops: The actual rankings system is still being looked at, I cant say how much or if it will even change, but there do need to be some clear outlines.

Dreamwin: That's a good point. About your second point: TWDC squads will have to follow the same requirements as the top 5 squads. All squads that want to participate in TWL must follow the same requirements (which are also changing a bit).

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
        Cops: The actual rankings system is still being looked at, I cant say how much or if it will even change, but there do need to be some clear outlines.
        That's fair enough. It's a headache for everyone when people try to play easy squads to force their way into a league that is suppose to be competitive.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Should there be qualifications for the squads that participate in the twd-cup such as how long that squad has been around?
          A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Yes, qualifications will be the same for all squads trying to get into TWL (top 5 and the squads playing in TWDC).

Comment

this was a good decision considering tw's activity and the obvious population decrease and its going most likely to be a more competitive twl. i suppose playoffs are going to be played with 4 squads only or?

easy for thunder 8D
              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
              Your friend,
              ​​Papi
              ​​​​​

Comment

about time to make a twd cup for qualify. nice idea guys and good job.

I just desagree a little bit with the number of squads. It could be less or more depending the situation of each division and competitivity.

Remember when twlb had like 18 teams fighting for 16 spots ? I guess ancients got out and could have done ok in league.

But lets see how it goes, maybe with less squads ppl will try harder or hop more.
                8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

I don't see the reason to reduce the number of squads. Last twlb had 12 squads and only 1 dropped out and was immediately replaced. So you are dropping 4 squads out. What will happen is the best players in these squads will go to other squads, get benched or push other guys out eventually there is more inactivity. Yeah sure you guys will shout "WE DONT WANNA PLAY WITH NEWBIES. ADD ONLY BEST PEOPLE. NOT SHOWING UP FOR A WEEK VS BRAINWAVE" heh, why dont they make the premiership with only ManU Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea, NBA with Detroit, Spurs, Suns and Lakers (sorry I dont really follow nba so forgive me if the teams arent the best) you get the pattern. What you are doing with this reduction, is helping reduce the TW population in the long run. Or at least give us a B league because nothing good comes out of twd during the season. League is something to shoot for, twd isnt. Player development in the zone is already weak now its going to be even weaker.
                  lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

To be competitive. People need to work to get in and it should be a goal to do well enough that you qualify. It shouldn't be "easy street." Looking at TWBD standings right now, I count 11ish active BD squads. Perhaps some squads will reform. Not every squad can play and that's what makes TWL more exciting. If I was going to argue about increasing the amount of squads in TWL, it would be for JD and DD, since those divisions have a lot more dedicated squads. But it seems they dont mind.

I disagree that this will decrease the TW population. There are many, many more likely reasons for that happening.

If we wanted to cut everyone out we could just have the finalists play each other and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by midoent View Post
                      I don't see the reason to reduce the number of squads.
                      to eliminate the 0-11 and 2-9 squads. there is no need for weekly massacres like that.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I think we should hold TWDPQC (Trench Wars Division Pre-Qualifying Cup) so we can decide who qualifies for the TWDC so we can see who qualifies for TWL.

Comment

yeah I understand your arguements. But there has to be something in place for squads that dont make it besides twd. Or somehow making twd more competitive. Looking at top 8 squads at the moment they all have players being competitive basers for at least 3 years. For example, look at brainwave, we arent total newbs we know whats what and manage to beat the big guys occasionally. We arent even hardcore competitive right now, as I am trying to make players out of 5-10 pubbers at the moment. A competitive scheduled league, top line vs top line on Sun 3pm sort of deal has to be voluntary for everyone at some level in a community like trenchwars. This gap will just get bigger.

Remember the crazy race between penetrate ancients and mambo when league was cut to 12 squads. Ancients collapsed as the result. People went inactive. See how from 13 active competitive squads the change reduced it to 12. Now a change here would reduce squads from 11 to 8. Then one squad will fall apart or go 0-7 we'll have 7 squads. Call it natural population decrease if you want, but this encourages it. All you get is several vets returning because league has more competition and many newbs getting discouraged. Note: you get those vets showing up once a week.

So yeah Ima rephrase, if you want to reshape the league in favour of competition (which is not a bad idea by itself), you gotta give the people missing out something else in return. You know the idea of adding 8 squads to second tier to twlb might work out as many duelling, javelin squads might make it their goal to play there, while right now they know they wont play in lb so they dont bd alltogether.

And you know there are blowout loser teams in any sport any competitive league. But many get better if they hold onto their place in the league.

I am not even ranting about myself, because chances are Ima be too busy to play this season.
                          lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

i agree with midoent that there should be an aml type of league for the losers
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

After reading midoent's post I noticed it might be true. If we "cut" the chance to the "newbies" to actually play TWL by only allowing 8 squads there, they might aswell lose interest and quit ss.
                              It kinda discourages people.
                              1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                              1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                              1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                              1:Vitja> afk
                              1:Underground> haha vit
                              1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

I think people expect too much and shouldnt give up so easily because they didnt get into TWL, but I agree it's a sad reality. An amateur league is a nice idea and I've read about it from a lot of posts on this forum, but right now I think that it's a big task to organize. It could be simple "hey all non-qualifying squads show up next Sunday for a base tournament," or it could be more official and have it's own system and website, etc. I think for it to get any kind of following people would like it to be official.

Perhaps after TWL an amateur league can be organized. I do think it would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X