No announcement yet.

TWL Invitation Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said in a previous post about this subject, I definitely understand the high demand for an AML. However, I want to concentrate on fixing TWL first. I think we can all agree that there have been a lot of problems with the league in past seasons, so I want to try to get that right before taking on another league to organize and do it justice. I am certainly not closed to the idea of a 2nd tier league.

Flabby is doing his part in creating a way better website for TWL. The other bot coders are actually extremely busy doing their jobs. They have many, many tasks on their plate and are doing their best to meet everyone's needs. Ever notice how every now and then a coder goes crazy and tries to screw things up? They are under enormous pressure because of all the tasks they have to do.

Once TWL is up and running efficiently, I dont see the harm in trying to organize an AML. I see the demand it has. But for right now, I'm going to concentrate on TWL.

Comment

heh, make me staff, ill work on 2nd league. There are A LOT of staff applications, I see people crying all the time how they want staff. Im definitely not saying that it should be all flabby and mirrorrim doing all the work on both leagues. You wanna fix up the main league? Great. Let 2-3 people work on that. Get some more people to do leagues. I dont think website would take THAT much time if you are already setting up twl site, just make a league B section with almost the same code as the the main league with separate ladder and shit.
      lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

midoent for sysop! :wub:

(or just staff)

Comment

Originally posted by Flub View Post
          midoent for sysop! :wub:

(or just staff)
          midoent 4 staff!
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

dunno if this was mentioned or not...too lazy to read
            but to solve the problem with squads dding low squads for points...

rewrite the formulas of squads that dd with squads 7+ spaces away from them on ladder...
            what i mean is...if a #1 ranked squad dds 7th ranked squad on ladder, they would get no points at all....so basically, a squad can only dd squads 6 ranks above them or below them to get points...and points would drasticaly change depending on how close you are to that squad...

also, top 5 ranks in each division should have different formulas then everyone else when it comes to earning points...maybe even a way to automatically lose points if u dont dd/jd at least once a day...

i got nothign against qs but i noticed they went inactive long ago with like 1400 points....dissapeared and then recently appeared at top of the ladder when they went active again...
            cheap and gay...

idea stands...u should lose points for inactivity, and maybe even losing all points if u dissapear from the ladder
            Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Originally posted by royCE View Post

rewrite the formulas of squads that dd with squads 7+ spaces away from them on ladder...
              what i mean is...if a #1 ranked squad dds 7th ranked squad on ladder, they would get no points at all....so basically, a squad can only dd squads 6 ranks above them or below them to get points...and points would drasticaly change depending on how close you are to that squad...

also, top 5 ranks in each division should have different formulas then everyone else when it comes to earning points...maybe even a way to automatically lose points if u dont dd/jd at least once a day...

i got nothign against qs but i noticed they went inactive long ago with like 1400 points....dissapeared and then recently appeared at top of the ladder when they went active again...
              cheap and gay...

idea stands...u should lose points for inactivity, and maybe even losing all points if u dissapear from the ladder
              well our 18 game win streak vs the top squads in twdd usually puts us at #1 spot more than past points...

also if you notice thats the best win streak out of any squad, so no, i don't think any of that matters, or that its cheap or gay, considering we are clearly #1 for other reasons
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Hmm I say either we make PRO and AML with 8 teams respective or 8 and 6 or something or we let t3h stacking commence and ruin tw's chances of many good squads when all the best will be stacked and the rest will suck:F
                2:Entertainer> Supreme Auth> we should all be like: Morh> EIN REICH EIN VOLK EIN FUHRER and then jones and logain would be "SIEG HEIL o/"

Comment

Originally posted by royCE View Post

cheap and gay...

Just get rid of using TWD to qualify for TWL. Setup a council filled with squadowners (or just 1 captain) of each squad that wants to participate in TWL and let them make a list of each squad that should be in TWL. The x squads that have the most votes will get in, everyone happy.
                  Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
                  Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
                  Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
                  Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lame View Post
                    Just get rid of using TWD to qualify for TWL. Setup a council filled with squadowners (or just 1 captain) of each squad that wants to participate in TWL and let them make a list of each squad that should be in TWL. The x squads that have the most votes will get in, everyone happy.
                    I like the idea except then it creates a popularity contest

Some squads people inherently do not like, for example quicksand, and would probably get shafted in the voting process

if you had a way of setting it up where these squads would not be screwed, then sure this idea is good
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                      well our 18 game win streak vs the top squads in twdd usually puts us at #1 spot more than past points...

also if you notice thats the best win streak out of any squad, so no, i don't think any of that matters, or that its cheap or gay, considering we are clearly #1 for other reasons
                      that 18 is the best BY ONE, psht
                      and now pirates is at 18, so unless they beat qs for the 19th game your argument is moot
                      Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Pirates is about to beat your streak.

edit: we did
                        Last edited by Scoop; 05-24-2008, 03:20 AM.
                        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                        4:Geio> DEEZ?
                        4:Geio> LOLOL
                        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                        4:spirit> LOL
                        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I like the idea except then it creates a popularity contest

Some squads people inherently do not like, for example quicksand, and would probably get shafted in the voting process

if you had a way of setting it up where these squads would not be screwed, then sure this idea is good
                          I'd vote for QS. TWL is about competition. Suppose if I wouldn't like QS, i'd really like to play you guys and beat you for satisfaction. But ofcourse I don't have a problem with QS.

I assume people won't vote for bad squads.
                          Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
                          Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
                          Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
                          Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lame View Post
                            I'd vote for QS. TWL is about competition. Suppose if I wouldn't like QS, i'd really like to play you guys and beat you for satisfaction. But ofcourse I don't have a problem with QS.

I assume people won't vote for bad squads.
                            well im not saying you, im just saying certain players will try to boycott squads, not even necessarily QS, ya know?
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• with voting, it just promotes laziness. how do we know if you want to be in twl if you can't even bother playing games to qualify for it.
                              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

• voting is a retarded idea, doesn't give new players a chance to prove themselves and favors all the old players with "reputation"

remember how good -legacy- was? and shinobi? and what did blood almighty's squad rampage get in twld last season? i hear egyptian's playing real well these days.

heard of rasaq, burg, beam, chuckle, let, welt? no need to mention myself as im probably top 5 wb in tw but these other guys have stepped up big recently and are much better players than the old tired noshift veterans.

heard of morin, spaceship, misled, upkeep, joemoma, joram, rondo, zax? neither had i, until a few months ago, but i'd bet on a team of them destroying whatever egyptian can come up with. but no, egyptian is full of twl vets and guys who have been playing for years right, so they must be better. better vote for egyptian since we're more familiar with them.

dumbest idea i ever heard
                                Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Working...
                                X