No announcement yet.

TWL Invitation Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if we went to a ladder format, it would be pretty easy to replace a dropped squad, just add the new one to the bottom fo the list and move everyone else up a rank

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
      if we went to a ladder format, it would be pretty easy to replace a dropped squad, just add the new one to the bottom fo the list and move everyone else up a rank
      To which I said in my original post:
      The obvious answer would be that you would just move one from the AML to TWL and fill the spot with a squad not in either league. But the problem here is that if you have 2 leagues, I'd be willing to put money that there won't be any (viable) squads participating in some league.
      To elaborate, with a dying population there are less competitive squads. With less competitive squads there are less viable options for TWL. If you have an AML that is, say, all the teams that participated in the Cup, you would have successfully included all of the competitive squads. So when one dissolves, there won't be anyone there to replace them because, historically, squads (especially decent ones) don't form during TWL.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

To elaborate, with a dying population there are less competitive squads. With less competitive squads there are less viable options for TWL. If you have an AML that is, say, all the teams that participated in the Cup, you would have successfully included all of the competitive squads. So when one dissolves, there won't be anyone there to replace them because, historically, squads (especially decent ones) don't form during TWL.
        TBO, if a squad drops out of the AML, there isn't the dire need to replace them with a "competitive" squad as there is in TWL. Yes, we want it run with the same dedication as TWL, but it won't be a failure if one, or even 2-3 squads drop out (assuming you have like 10 squads).

And where you're right about there not being a lot of new squads formed during TWL, it's because they can't compete in either league after the cut off date. What's the point in TWD registering your squad if you can't participate in the leagues because you missed the deadline?

I'm assuming you need hosts to make sure no one's cheating, right? Well hopefully no one's cheating in an am. league (and if they are they should be good enough at it to be in TWL). A way around this is to host it on the other day during the weekend (sat?). Also, there would probably be less games, as i don't see AML-B or even AML-J starting with the full compliment of teams. But if it's a big issue, you could recruit refs from TWL teams or even AML teams to self referee the game. They don't need any other powers or what not, just the ability to check player's stats and call in a mod if necessary.

I might be the atypical player, but getting on a TWL squad wasn't the driving force behind me playing the game. If it wasn't for a few people, I would've been perfectly happy playing in pub and elim. it's pretty easy to see that TWL isn't an attainable goal for most people, where as participating or possibly winning AML is very attainable. That's not to say that participating in TWL isn't an accomplishment to shoot for, but most people come to terms with their abilities and realize they level off. They'd still want to play in a league though, and AML offers this. People said they were willing to participate, whether they'll give up saturday afternoon to play in AML, idk. but hopefully there aren't any 10 ppl squads in it, it seems to me that most of the lower tier squads are pretty big, and could field 5 ppl for a game.
        .fffffffff_____
        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
        .fffffff\______/
        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
        .fffff\________/
        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
        .fff\__________/

Comment

• what i am wondering is how does a squad who can be inactive for months with 1 player on roster...come back with all their past points, games and other things...

shouldnt there be a rule that somehow resets all your points and accomplishments if for example: a roster falls below 5 people? a squad doesnt play any games for 4-5 weeks straight, and so on?

there should definitely be a rule or a feature on the tw website that does this automatically, dissolving a squad shouldnt be the only way this happens.
          Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

• Will there be a 2 week notice before leagues start? I don't want to think our squad has more time to qualify then we actually do.
            Indulgence

Comment

• Mirrorrim told me that staff would announce when TWL cut-off is. They would also leave around two weeks of playing time until the actual cut-off when they announce it. I still haven't seen an announcement.

For some reason there's been rumors going on that the cut-off would be this saturday, but I guess it's wrong.
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                Mirrorrim told me that staff would announce when TWL cut-off is. They would also leave around two weeks of playing time until the actual cut-off when they announce it. I still haven't seen an announcement.

For some reason there's been rumors going on that the cut-off would be this saturday, but I guess it's wrong.
                oh well shit happens
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• sign me up, Paladen, for TWL!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• For some reason there's been rumors going on that the cut-off would be this saturday, but I guess it's wrong.
                    Does anyone read the TWL website's news?
                    She's holding off untill she can let ppl use the new website.
                    It's not her fault that it's taking longer than expected for 2ppl who
                    work on it in their spare time to produce a new site from the ashes
                    of the dysfunctional and broken old site...

We have lives and we aren't robobots...
                    So tough it out, stop whining, else i'll force you to finish the site
                    while i drink whiskey and prod the ones that complain with a stun gun.

It might not be 100% complete when twl starts, it will be functional
                    but it will be the "that would be nice to have on the site stuff" that isnt there untill later...

Oh, and sum1 shoot me after site is done, before i get asked about the
                    gallery next and the forums and twd site and tw.org and twel and
                    tourny and and and and and and and and and and and and and and
                    theeeeeen......................................... ........................ :death:
                    Last edited by RiiStar; 10-28-2008, 11:22 PM.
                    PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                    Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

• Myself being violently attacked on Saturday evening and suffering from concussion has not helped progress with the site either
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                        Myself being violently attacked on Saturday evening and suffering from concussion has not helped progress with the site either
                        suck it up and do work
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

• Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                          suck it up and do work
                          Do your work and suck it up! b4 complaining
                          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                            Myself being violently attacked on Saturday evening and suffering from concussion has not helped progress with the site either
                            i hope you're ok flabby. you are my favorite flion!
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

• re

yes enough time for quake to get into TWLB :grin:
                              TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                              1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                              1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by RiiStar View Post
                                Does anyone read the TWL website's news?
                                She's holding off untill she can let ppl use the new website.
                                It's not her fault that it's taking longer than expected for 2ppl who
                                work on it in their spare time to produce a new site from the ashes
                                of the dysfunctional and broken old site...

We have lives and we aren't robobots...
                                So tough it out, stop whining, else i'll force you to finish the site
                                while i drink whiskey and prod the ones that complain with a stun gun.

It might not be 100% complete when twl starts, it will be functional
                                but it will be the "that would be nice to have on the site stuff" that isnt there untill later...

Oh, and sum1 shoot me after site is done, before i get asked about the
                                gallery next and the forums and twd site and tw.org and twel and
                                tourny and and and and and and and and and and and and and and
                                theeeeeen......................................... ........................ :death:
                                where would tw be without u rii :love: :love:
                                1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                                JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                                1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                                http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X