Twl Amateur League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. 420 View Post
    Shouldn't only those who qualify and are good enough be the ones who play in the zone's premier league? (TWL)

Why have a "league" for the average squad who will play other average squads, then automatically get in next TWL without having to do anything the next season?

When a premier squad drops out, which really shouldn't happen unless they're losing every game, they should be replaced by the next squad in line at the end of qualifying, not the next highest in the current TWD ladder.

IMO, the TWLA will be a way for TWL dropouts to reform and try to win TWLA just to get in the next TWL, which shouldn't be hard for them since they originally qualified for TWL.

Also, regular season should be the soft-lock and hard-lock at the end of the qualifiers, I think this could help squad loyalty.

I'm not totally against an Amateur league, it would probably be a league I could play in, but it lessens the importance of TWL being Trench Wars' premier league imo, and the winner shouldn't automatically get in TWL.
    umm, you dont get it do you? there are only 8 TWL squads now because in the past squads were so bad they would dissolve or just go 0-10, and then TWL was not fun anymore

no, having an automatic bid into TWL means the winner of AML had to go through every team to win it, and then has to stay alive by not dissolving for a whole 6 months or so till next twl

that means more competition for the final 7 spots, also if a TWL calibur player did not get into TWL with their current squad, they would join a squad that IS in twl, possibly the winner of AML, this happens all the time
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

It's as simple as this, do you want TWL to be all encompassing and not leaving anyone out, or do you want it to be about competition? The answer for me is simple, make the game competitive or it will die. I don't really have a preference one way or the other on giving the winner of TWLA a TWL spot because there are both pro's and con's to both sides. But what is important, is that the TWL winners get the name of the squad on the map, and the names of all the players on the TWL roster on the map, and the winners of TWLA only get the squad name mentioned on the map. The reasoning is simple, reward for TWL should be greater, because it's the senior league.

Moving the number of squads in LD and LJ to 8 was a very wise choice, but as people have already said, the need to give the people that are now excluded from TWL something to do is a no brainer, so let's not even argue this. You can't just kick out a little less than half of the people that played TWL and not give them something to replace it with. Otherwise you risk losing people that potentially might be more competitive one day.

So we have TWL for the people that have been playing a little longer and are a little more competitive and we have TWLA for people that are newer to the game or aren't as competitive. Everyone get's to play in some level of competition, the winners of each get's a reward, we maintain a higher level of competition in TWL while allowing other people to get better without destroying them by letting them play in TWLA. The system works well, if you don't think so then go check out chaos zone, it's been working there for awhile and they even have less people than we do.

hasta!!
      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
      3:Best> see it coming
      3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
        It's as simple as this, do you want TWL to be all encompassing and not leaving anyone out, or do you want it to be about competition?
        The system they have in Premier League (4v4 league in SSCU Chaos/League zone) does both. They basically let anyone who wants in (20 squads in the season that just ended) and every week matchups are determined by the teams record in the league, with 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8, 9v10, etc.

Moving the number of squads in LD and LJ to 8 was a very wise choice

Everyone get's to play in some level of competition, the winners of each get's a reward, we maintain a higher level of competition in TWL while allowing other people to get better without destroying them by letting them play in TWLA. The system works well, if you don't think so then go check out chaos zone, it's been working there for awhile and they even have less people than we do.
        What are you talking about? In premier there are 20 squads all in ONE pyramid league. Again they let any squad with enough players in the league, which is the exact opposite of what TWL is doing now by decreasing the number of teams in each league to 8.

Comment

There's no hatred between squads as compared to many seasons ago. Without the fierce rivalries the matches aren't as interesting. If there was some way to get people to stop being such squad hoppers then we'd see an improvement in everything because rivalries would become more common.
          Pandora n Dice was a good rivalry because of Eelam
          tw needs more eelams
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Static Burn View Post
            The system they have in Premier League (4v4 league in SSCU Chaos/League zone) does both. They basically let anyone who wants in (20 squads in the season that just ended) and every week matchups are determined by the teams record in the league, with 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8, 9v10, etc.

What are you talking about? In premier there are 20 squads all in ONE pyramid league. Again they let any squad with enough players in the league, which is the exact opposite of what TWL is doing now by decreasing the number of teams in each league to 8.
            Are you kidding me? Are you seriously going to try and argue that they're extremely different? No, they're very similar methods. The only difference is that if you do REALLY well in TWLA it doesn't mean you have a chance to play the best TWL squad, at least not in the same season, next season. And you don't need to tell me how their system works, I play in it for a pro squad.
            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P

Comment

Are you kidding me? Are you seriously going to try and argue that they're extremely different?
              You're on Iron right? They finished tied for 8th in the regular season of premier with a 5-5 record. So if you're the 8th best squad in TWLD, only the top 8 teams are allowed in and your squad plays every other team once, then your record will most likely be 0-7. 5-5 or 0-7...that's a big difference if you ask me.

The only difference is that if you do REALLY well in TWLA it doesn't mean you have a chance to play the best TWL squad, at least not in the same season, next season.
              If a squad does really well in TWLA, why would they even want to move up to TWL? You go from winning almost every game to losing almost every game.

Comment

You're on Iron right? They finished tied for 8th in the regular season of premier with a 5-5 record. So if you're the 8th best squad in TWLD, only the top 8 teams are allowed in and your squad plays every other team once, then your record will most likely be 0-7. 5-5 or 0-7...that's a big difference if you ask me.

If a squad does really well in TWLA, why would they even want to move up to TWL? You go from winning almost every game to losing almost every game.
                Lol this reminds me of high school sports. You get the chance to play on varsity team and sit bench every game, but you get the nice tag of a varsity athlete and train way better. Or you could choose to stick with JV and play every game and dominate all, and not get much better and still be only a JV athlete.

Both options have its cons and pros, but i think most would choose option #1.
                Whos got the crack!?

Comment

It's not a big difference, the only difference is that if you do really well in this system, you don't play the higher tier squads in the same season. You play them in the next season. In chaos you can move throughout the whole pyramid during one season.

Read my previous posts to find out

Spoiler: Different rewards for each one. Besides, do you think that in Chaos people would rather win AML than pro? I don't think so.

Comment

after reading the last several posts, i'm of the opinion that we should remove the "L" on TWL and replace it with "P" for playoff. TWL functions as a glorified playoff system for TWD. Have a league with 20+ teams, a huge schedule (sure some games get forfeited), and huge disparity between top and bottom of the ladder. Come end of season, top 8 teams play it out playoff style for the title. doesn't really change the way things go now: lots of teams play each other for a couple months, then the top 8 of those teams play in a "league" which might as well just be a playoff ladder. No reason to call it a league when they play each other anyway during twd, and they will play each other in the playoffs. Leagues have more than 8 teams, even if 2/3s of them suck ass.
                    .fffffffff_____
                    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                    .fffffff\______/
                    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                    .fffff\________/
                    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                    .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                      after reading the last several posts, i'm of the opinion that we should remove the "L" on TWL and replace it with "P" for playoff. TWL functions as a glorified playoff system for TWD. Have a league with 20+ teams, a huge schedule (sure some games get forfeited), and huge disparity between top and bottom of the ladder. Come end of season, top 8 teams play it out playoff style for the title. doesn't really change the way things go now: lots of teams play each other for a couple months, then the top 8 of those teams play in a "league" which might as well just be a playoff ladder. No reason to call it a league when they play each other anyway during twd, and they will play each other in the playoffs. Leagues have more than 8 teams, even if 2/3s of them suck ass.
                      the thing is, the 8 squads you talk about that would make the 'TWP' playoffs are the 8 squads that would compete in our current TWL system, so it's pointless and time consuming to have 20 squads in it (plus not to mention the amount of squads who'd end up with recs like 1-16)
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                        the thing is, the 8 squads you talk about that would make the 'TWP' playoffs are the 8 squads that would compete in our current TWL system, so it's pointless and time consuming to have 20 squads in it (plus not to mention the amount of squads who'd end up with recs like 1-16)
                        How is it pointless? I don't think it's pointless for squad to compete in a real league. Even if they don't "compete" with the top 8 teams, they still compete with the other dozen or so. If you expect to see 10-2 records, expect to see 2-10 records as well. So what if they don't win or make the playoffs, playing in a league can be rewarding in it self. Not to mention that it would revive rivalries, create intense games between mediocre squads, and improve the play of lower squads. Some people will get blown out, but they might take that oppurtunity to get better.

I was being facetious in that last post, but there's truth to it. I was just saying that I don't see a reason to organize an 8 team league. with only 8 teams, you might as well just have a playoff or very short group play and then elimination a la tournaments. With 20 teams, there's more to do, and you can still have your prestigous "league" in the sense of the top teams being in a playoff that functions like TWL, just w/o all the matches that would've been played already.

I'd rather see exalt's idea move forward, so I'm not suggesting one league, i'm just posting an observation on how it's functioning so far.
                        .fffffffff_____
                        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                        .fffffff\______/
                        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                        .fffff\________/
                        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                        .fff\__________/

Comment

there just arent enough active people anymore

the days of 16 competitive squads (or 2 powerhouses and 14 solid squads) are gone

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

How about at the end of the season the TWLA champs play the TWLD champions, like they always set up a match for the Uefa cup winners vs the Champions league winners in football.
                            British> my 18th tomoz $$
                            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                              Even if they don't "compete" with the top 8 teams, they still compete with the other dozen or so. If you expect to see 10-2 records, expect to see 2-10 records as well. So what if they don't win or make the playoffs, playing in a league can be rewarding in it self. Not to mention that it would revive rivalries, create intense games between mediocre squads, and improve the play of lower squads. Some people will get blown out, but they might take that oppurtunity to get better.
                              And this is exactly why we suggested an amateur league separate from twl :annoyed:
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
                                How about at the end of the season the TWLA champs play the TWLD champions, like they always set up a match for the Uefa cup winners vs the Champions league winners in football.
                                good idea!
                                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...