Best TWL Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best TWL Memories

I was just surfing through some clothes I was packing and found my Trench Wars shirt and it brought back a lot of memories.

I was particularly reminded of back in TWL Season 6, I left for basic training the week that TWLD playoffs started. The possible results were on my mind for weeks, whether Melee had won so I wrote my mom a letter explaining how to find the website and print the results. Finally towards the end of training I got the envelope with the TWL results. We were runners up (for the second time in what would be three consecutive years at runner up for me). I was pretty disappointed, I had a good record against Elusive and particularly Raspi and the person who took my spot was the person who failed miserably but thats history.

So what are your favorite TWL memories?
    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Ah, nice :P Warning, this post contains BAD finglish

Probably first season I played in (season 8) was the most fun season i've ever played. I was considering possible lineups during classes. Always waiting for sunday lol. Fun times.

Also, the finest moments in twl are beating DICE when you are member of PLADE. Plade holds record of 2-1 overall vs dice. TWL season 10: LJ Plade 50-47(probably the most memorable moment of my career: Dice was like 100:1 favorite to win. Me and psychic played 2vs3 in the end. score was something like 47-43 for dice. It started with megaman89 lagging out and getting +1 lagout. He is out 18-10. dOwn to 2vs2 47-44. Me & psychic vs a2m and juxtaposition. Man, I just remember I saw like 100 "LOL'S" in 15 seconds after the game ended. Me and psychic went 7-0 eliminating juxtaposition first with 0-4 rec then a2m (7-10). )TWL season 11: LJ Dice 50-41.(i did 13-10 mvping) LB Plade 15:00-10:24. (i 4 teks in terr)
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

sharking with körv <3 :wub:
      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
      1:soild>they can say what they like
      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

I enjoyed surprising people with Defiancy in Season 7. The run with Disoblige was definatly great as well, thought we had LB that year. Savanger, the first time around was good too - it's sucks seeing it being reborn and dissolved on and off. I liked playing with Dependency too, but I don't remember wtf that was, TWDT? or something? Either way, i just remember we were beating some really good squad, and i was playing great, but the blue goat or whatever purposely went afk and fucked the match - I almost won, but we ended up getting beaten by the time.

I needed a new keyboard after that one
        7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
        7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
        7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
        7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
        1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

My earliest TWL memory is when I was in simulate several seasons ago. We weren't very good but we ended up beating pallies, I mvp'd 17-9. That being said, my best TWL memories are with Disoblige. Whether it be beating Pandora every single time (and usually mvping those matches in terr) we played them to talking shit to thunder and barely losing time and time again. I've mvp'd countless twl matches in twlb and twld, and even a twlj match, although it was only against sage, I went 17-7. I did 20-9 in ld vs boz two seasons ago. I mvp'd 14-9 vs -final- in our ld win against them that same season.

Even with all that said, my best TWL memory is of two seasons ago when Disoblige was playing Syndicate in TWLD. Everyone was touting Syndicate as unbeatable, and it proved to almost be true, they did end up winning LD though. Well as it turns out we took an early lead and started to blow it at the end. it ended up we were down like 46-48 and it was myself and Displaced vs Fireballz, Demonfaze, and Fujiwara, Reaver and Confluence had already died out. Displ and me were both on nine and we were on the run. I saw on my radar all three of them running at us and Displ and me both fired. I ended up hitting dfaze and displ hit fuji respectively. After that a really intense drawn out 2v2 battle of Displaced and me vs Fireballz and Fujiwara all of us at 9 deaths ensued. After a really hard battle, I killed Fbz and we ended up chasing Fuji down and killing him.

I just remember after that everyone went crazy. No one expected anyone to have a chance vs syndicate and we had beaten them. We actually went on too beat them in 2/3 leagues that year.
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

every confrontation with Pallies, i especially miss playing with/vs Mythrandir, not even I can come close to his aggressive style, which made for great games

beating randedl in regular season, than always losing to him during playoffs.

losing to Connection with 4v1 (could've been 5v1 even) (i think we were +8 or something ridicilous). think it was this game (http://www.trenchwars.org/TWLM/showg...50864&season=2)
            with that; games vs sk8/thunder have always been nice.. too bad underground never actually plays.. and that these days we always just lose it seems..

lb vs camisade, because it was so close (http://www.trenchwars.org/TWLM/showg...13975&season=1) (especially memorable because i mvpd with a zillion more points than anyone else )

basing with players who really understood each other; wp, jonas, mantra, crv, smack man, nockm, a2k, x mach, eggs, miau, thundermare, koan, plob, da1, and some others.. (made us go undefeated with style in one regular season)

losing to light(?) because of 2dragons (anyone who thinks necro is a laggy jav has never played against 2dragons when he was a smod and couldn't lagout and wouldn't be specced )

winning with scrotal's horde vs. elusive! (i think it was twl :P)

and i'd _almost_ say, always winning vs Pandora (especially with a jav+wb in), but they're not really good so it doesn't really compare to memories of other seasons, but still probably the only memorable thing for me of these last few seasons..

and ofc listening to crv bash ppl so i don't have to after we lose a match! all the drama after losing or from people who get benched has been priceless..

and diso reached some finals, had some good streaks, and won some titles..

Comment

Beating Pallies in base and javs when I was on whiterabbits.

Beating whiterabbits in base and javs when I was on Pallies.

Comment

as a spectator: sika clutching -f-'s long-overdue ld title in season 8, and demonfaze's 3fer in round 3 of the lj finals in season 9. oh, and dice shitting on pandora two seasons in a row in lb. predictable outcome, but good rivalry. oh, and vitjagate last season. and fludd's "cape kill" in the lj-10 semis was probably the most skillful display i've ever seen in this game.

as a player: probably the season 9 semifinal against syndicate. sure, i collapsed under the pressure like most rookies do, but it was nice to come within 42 seconds of the finals. oh, and the season 10 quarterfinals versus penetrate. i still watch that video once in a while, those are probably the two most hilarious teks i've ever seen in a playoff game. and last but not least, season 11 quarterfinals against plade. somehow we became the underdogs in a lot of people's eyes, so we went out, and we know how that turned out. suck it, squallff8.
                Last edited by PH; 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM. Reason: wrong season, i'm retarded.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

a-s over pallies for season 7

i have only played twl twice. once as a terr for juice (subbed out by apt who then lost my 11-min lead btw) and once in the a-s / pallies game. broke 100 kills for the first time EVER and the bot died.
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

beating pandora TWICE in lb finals while losing to them during the regular season SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

How do I look at previous TWL matches? I remember there was a 15:00-14:59 game with Disoblige vs Incuria that was the most intense match I've ever played when I was still good.

Comment

hi webbb you always seemed like a nice person
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Beating Rampage in TWLD semis season 6 then going from 7-9 to 15-9 in the first round of finals vs Melee
                          TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                          TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                          TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                          TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Helping create a semi-decent squad that was very lucky to get in TWL (PL increased the # of squads a week or so before it started), losing every game until the very last one, then beating sk8! Yeah!

Comment

1. Pallies/Diso - still the most entertaining rivalry I've ever witnessed in this game.

2. Season 5 - our games against Light (I haven't read through all of this, has someone mentioned 2Dragons terring for them with his ludicrous lag and not getting specced because he was smod?) and Diso and the videos that accompanied them

3. Any Pallies TWL video

4. Playing with these guys in any TWL game: Conc, bloodzombie, RogerMexico, Divine Rides, Mythrandir, RyanG, Blood, castromarx, Sleepy Weasel, Mattey, Mayo Inc., and of course HellzNo!

5. Trench Center

6. Losing to whiterabbits in TWLB (they were already good, but this put them on the map in a hurry).

7. Mythrandir having a psychotic episode during every TWLB match at some point.

8. Richard Creager having a psychotic episode whether he was playing in OR spectating a TWL match.

9. Playing with Conc in any TWL match and seeing this at least 3-6 times:

ConcreteSchlYrd> asd;lfkjasdrawdfl;kj

10. Losing to Anti-Scrub in the TWL finals, forever cementing our squad as the 1990's-era Buffalo Bills of Trench Wars (for those who don't watch American football, that means we could never win the big one).

11. Never being able to beat Siege or Elusive in LD, ever.

12. Mayo Inc.'s squad "Gutter" dominating Siege in LD (Siege had to forfeit).
                              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Working...
                              X