The New TWL Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New TWL Rules

Cleaned this up to avoid confusion. All official rules can now be found at: twl.trenchwars.org under "League Info."
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 01-18-2009, 03:07 PM.

re

love you mirror, all the rules are perfect but i think softlock after first round is little harsh, should push it to 3rd round and hardlock on 5th round.
    TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
    1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
    1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

looks good and i appreciate the 'uncontrollable lag' rule.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

^^^ ya, brokenfist.
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
          TWL Operator: H.M.S. Stargazer, M_M God, plob#f , cool koen, voth, ph

rules look good, now let's see them actually get enforced, cough section 5 cough.
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

The only thing I think that should changed is. Both teams should be able to choose the time they play. I think they should have the whole week to play. If I want to play tuesday 9am EST. That's when we should play the game. Other then peak hours on the weekend. Where people have to work since they're in college. If the team fails to give a time before a deadlead. There game will be during that weekend at a giving time by staff.
            Web

Comment

Be prepared, I will personally see to it that the <ER>'s are trained for TWl and know how to handle any situations that arise.

Comment

nice job:turned:
                1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I think the amount of squads entering each league was reduced too much, this is just going to lead to even bigger rosters on the few teams that are in twl. I say increase ld and lj to 10, lb 8.
                  Indulgence

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post

rules look good, now let's see them actually get enforced, cough section 5 cough.
                    The one about uncontrolable lag: without guidelines for this you willl probably get situations in which players and or squads get dealed with differently.
                    Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
                    Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
                    Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
                    Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

Agreed, section 5 is pretty vague. Could see instances where brokenfist gets specced and 2dragons gets free reign to lag through cram, get flag all while downloading the newest wu-tang album.

Think it should be a little more defined, like a spike of X amount, or a lag of X amount for X amount of time. As is, it leaves too much up to individuals, therefore its prone to bias. But... whatever that's just my opinion. If i were the Op, I would never let Stayon or Sika/Domi play, but you know that's just me... and my bias.
                      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                        i think softlock after first round is little harsh, should push it to 3rd round and hardlock on 5th round.
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey View Post
                          Agreed, section 5 is pretty vague. Could see instances where brokenfist gets specced and 2dragons gets free reign to lag through cram, get flag all while downloading the newest wu-tang album.

Think it should be a little more defined, like a spike of X amount, or a lag of X amount for X amount of time. As is, it leaves too much up to individuals, therefore its prone to bias. But... whatever that's just my opinion. If i were the Op, I would never let Stayon or Sika/Domi play, but you know that's just me... and my bias.
                          The problem is, each situation is unique so it is hard to go by specific rules. That is why this rule was created in addition to the lag limits we already have. We get a lot of ?cheater calls about players lagging too much, but the bot doesnt spec them. If we want to go by their *lag/bot and that's it, then they could still get to play. From all the ?cheater calls we get, I figured many players werent very happy with just that. That's why I included this rule to refine this guideline a bit more. Unfortunately, there is no exact wording or phrase I can come up with to describe exactly how all visible-lag situations should be treated. I will be explaining how these situations should be handled to all the TWL refs and ops, but as you stated, it really is up to that person's view on the situation.

Comment

Okay, I'm just curious how you can ensure that the staff member observing the person's lag will maintain objectivity. The only thing I can think of is to have the decision up to 3 people observing the match. This would cause a lot of strain on an already busy staff, but I think having this call in one person's hands could lead to trouble.
                            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

not to mention how most staffers today have no clue how to measure lag, whats causing lag or what to do in different situations. Hell even the new bang op is clueless at times but that doesnt really matter since he isnt "allowed" to deal with twl laggers, thats twl ops case, but it shows how weird this is and how many fucked up things thats gonna occur during the season.
                              Originally posted by Tyson
                              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                              Originally posted by HeavenSent
                              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                              Originally posted by Izor
                              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X