TWL Week 2 : Featured Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Week 2 : Featured Matches

TWL-B Week 2 : Featured Matches (by voth)
    Hello Trench Wars. I am writing this "preword" for Wark because he asked me to. This is where, and I quote, I will "enter into the weeks features matches with a little about about the week as a whole." You mean like a preface? Or a preview? What in god's name is a "preword"? No wonder your articles are skipped over more than your name when it comes time for Heavy to add it's TWLD lineup. OH SHIT. WHAT NOW MOTHER FUCKER? YEAH! But seriously folks, this week in TWLB is probably going to suck. That's right, probably a fairly boring week with three fairly one-sided matches and then, our featured match of the week.

Dice vs. Penetrate
    Well, Penetrate and Dice limp into this week, both 0-1 with disappointing losses in winnable games last week. Dice has shown just how beatable they are throughout the beginning of this season, in large part due to their sharking problem. A2m is great but sharking is a rotation for a reason, and unless a2m can skip the respawn timer then Dice needs someone competant to hold things down when he's dead. Cig Smoke, we know you can do it, so stop making your squad look like newbies and show up, because Downfail is just horrendous. Penetrate finished preseason 0-2 and are now 0-1 in regular season, really not living up to expectations of most. What's going on here? There's tons of talent on this squad at the critical terrier and shark positions, but it's really a question if their spiders can get on the same page as their sharks and start being effective. This game can go either way depending on simply who shows up. If Dice can finally show their lineup it will be another rough day for Penetrate, if not, I have a feeling Penetrate will be on a mission this week and could come out with a big W on this one.

WTF! THIS JUST IN: a2m has left Dice roster and since the Soft Lock went into effect Sunday at 7 PM EST, even if he rejoins Dice roster, he will not be permitted to play TWL. Anyone taking bets on how long until Dice dissolves?

Voth's Prediction: Penetrate over Dice, 15:00 to 7:00.

BasingCrew vs. Thunder
    Well, BasingCrew came up with a "big" win this weekend but it was over a very hurting Dice squad, but credit given where it's due I suppose, you beat the defending champs. That being said, Thunder has been on a roll and they are going to be tough to beat. Necro has been stellar and effective in jav, and the rest of their team is really molding together to form an efficient, winning team. With Dice starting to flounder, look for Thunder as one of thebig title contenders (not that they weren't before Dice started to suck). BasingCrew is the same deal every season, a team of awesome spiders but their supporting cast usually fails on them. If BasingCrew's sharks and terrier can deliver day in and day out they can beat any squad in the league, but shark and terrier failures have been their weakness.

I see Necro being an impact player in this game and exploiting BasingCrew's inconsistent sharks. He will be the difference maker here as the spider matchup is pretty even. Also, Thunder has shark and terrier advantage. Who knows tho, maybe BC will pull another out of their ass, I hope they prove me wrong.

Voth's Prediction: Thunder over BasingCrew, 15:00 to 8:30.

Spastic vs. Mainliner
    Spastic, after a terrible preseason, won back some credibility after stomping Penetrate yesterday. Mainliner, who had a great preseason, were met with a loss courtesy of Da1andonly and the Disney crew. Spastic showed a great lineup yesterday and executed well (meaning, sharks and spiders were on the same page and PL was feeling less suicidal) which is why they dominated the game. There's no doubt they have the ability, it's just a matter of if they can show their players and make it work every week. Mainliner, on the other hand, showed some weakness for the first time in the shark department, who most people, including myself, thought was one of the best sharking cores around. This match is going to either be fucking awesome, or pretty lame, there won't be a middleground.

That all being said, I see Mainliner being a little too much for Spastic. Mainliner will be wanting to get back on track after the loss and will make sure they put this one away clean.

Voth's Prediction: Mainliner over Spastic, 15:00 to 10:00.

Pirates vs. Disoblige - **Match of the Week!**
    And here we come to the featured match of the week. Pirates have proven through a series of very close, hard fought games that they are a contender in this league, despite most people's suspicions. Disoblige has come alive, led by their same old veteran core who never let them down. Here's the big question for this match. Of course there any many question marks, but this is the BIG ONE: Will Pirates' sharks be able to handle Da1andonly? Mainliner apparently couldn't. We already know scoop is rather crappy against specials, so maybe zizu is the safer bet in terrier, but that takes away from your spiders. Either way, Pirates' goal should be to first and foremost contain Da1's damage, and secondly find a way to mount attacks against Diso and kill a tough terrier in Kawrae. It will be a challenging day for Pirates but they have proven they have the ability and the will to compete within this league.

If Disoblige takes the game seriously, and Da1 brings his stuff and has a decent supporting cast around him, I see them coming out on top. Experience helps a lot for Disoblige, and unless Dwopple/Mattey both show and shark flawlessly, Da1 is bound to make an impact on the game in jav. That being said, Pirates has impressive teamwork and a not to shabby jav of their own in M_M, so it's not out of the question for them to take this one by any means. Whoever wins... it will be a close one.

Voth's Prediction: Disoblige over Pirates, 15:00 to 14:00.

-----
    Last edited by Voth; 12-15-2008, 02:58 AM.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Written by Kthx - TWL-D Week 2 Featured Matches

After a week of close games hopefully next week the teaming will get better on the more prominent squads and things will get back to normal. So unless there is another week of bad teaming once again I am stuck on only one match which would be Dynasty vs Thunder which will be my Featured match of the week this time around. On top of this I would just like to say that I am 13/15 with predictions with 2 perfect score guesses, it would have been three but unfortunately Ignite had to ruin it for me by adding himself in a match.

Featured Match - Week 2 TWL-D ::::: Dynasty vs Thunder :::::

Both of these squads are entering week 2 with a 1-0 record, and seeing as nobody wants to ruin that ego booster this early in the season I think this is going to be a good matchup. Although Dynasty just picked up another solid warbird with Exalt he won't be able to play this week so that makes me think that Thunder has the win here on paper at least. But factoring in Weak and Geza having something to prove this week, and Unabled pulling some very impressive matches I am going to have to go against the numbers and give this match to Dynasty. Even though both of these squads won in week 1, neither of them really dominated the other team in matches that could have gone either way. If Vitja, Baserman, and Ardour show up to play and Yakuza actually shows up I guess it could go either way. But still I have to put my prediction record on the line here along with my TWLM money and go with Dynasty this week.

Final Score: Dynasty 50 - Thunder 46

Heavy vs Rape :::::

With Peru and Exalt gone I expect this match to be almost as big of a rape as the Syne vs Quake match is going to be for Quake. Rape really doesn't have any threats anymore and I would say there is a 50/50 chance of Rape even dissolving before the week is out. I am expecting the return of Apok this week as the MVP of this match as we are going to get more active this week and get some of the teaming kinks down that made the match vs Sweet as close as it was. If anyone does ok on Rape it will be Wage but that isn't going to be nearly enough to do much good for them. As far as depth on rosters go, Rape has a positive elevation.

Final Score: Heavy 50 - Rape 33

Sake vs Sweet :::::

Like I predicted Sake has really come into their teaming early on in the season and their complete rape of Disotrash really showed off how powerful this squad is going to be this year. If they can keep up this magic I expect them to be in the semi finals with no problems at all. But Sweet has also surprised me because I didn't expect them to do as well as they did vs Heavy so I am not going to go as far as to say that this match will be as bad as the Sake vs Disoblige match. If the same line shows this week as did week 1, I think Sake will win this game without a whole lot of trouble though. Expect Ripper to show up this time around and put up some seriously kills, even if he doesn't need to.

Final Score: Sake 50 - Sweet 38

Pirates vs Disoblige :::::

I am pretty certain that Disoblige is on the same level as Syne at this point in the season until they prove otherwise, and for this reason I am picking Pirates to win. Even Chokle and Metalvys might go positive vs Diso, even with their complete lack of teaming and or aiming. I don't even have anyone on disoblige to mention playing well unless they take my suggestion from the HoN and go recruit some pubbers to play for Pjotter and Spikey. Vys who slinked out of the arena instead of proclaiming that hes the best warbird in TW might do fairly well this week as he sets out to regrow the two stones that got cut out of him by Deez Nuts this weekend with the hilarious comment "Welcome to TWL Vys". It should be a fairly quiet week from Vys anyways as his nourishes his empty ego sack. It is a shame really. I am thinking at this point that Ignite is finding it pretty funny that Vys left his squad thinking that he was going to win the season with Pirates. Remember Vys this isn't golf you want to get a + record in this game, and the fact that you let 0-1 over there beat you and your squad.

Final Score: Pirates 50 - Disoblige 34

Quake vs Syne

It is matches like this that make me feel like writing much of anything is a waste of time. Quake is obviously going to rape Syne to the fullest extent, especially with Rasaq being the only decent player on Syne apparently. Its a bit too late now but Rasaq could have easily joined a better squad and started, like Rape or Sweet and if he had joined Rape then Peru and Exalt might have been a bit more eager to stay with a third warbird who could go positive. Look for Ignite to sub in with 2 deaths left to try to balance out his 0-1 record by getting a kill, hopefully this will backfire again and Ignite will slide further down the slope into the shithole he has concocted by relying on others to do his playing for him.

Final Score: Quake 50 - Syne 30
    Last edited by Voth; 12-15-2008, 03:09 AM.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

TWLJ Week 2: Featured Matches
      Written by flared

This week has no games that look especially interesting, but there are a few games that could go to the underdog, I will write about these games.

Thunder vs. Disoblige
      There are only two reasons why this match will be interesting. 1) Quake plays Deliria, Pirates player Laser. And 2) Repeat of last year’s TWLJ finals. Considering how a Disoblige starting line got their asses handed to them by a mediocre squad Dynasty, and how Thunder’s depth is almost limitless, Thunder is almost guaranteed this win. If Disoblige can pull their shit together and hope the Da1andonly, Spikey, AcumO, PjOtTeR, and venomarse all show up and play as a team, they might have a chance. But if Thunder shows their top line of Fludd, Ease, Eelam, DarkStrike, waven, they are doomed.

Final Score:
      Thunder 50 – 36 Disoblige

Dynasty vs. dicE
      I predict this game will be the closest of them all for TWLJ Week 2. The underdog Dynasty pulled off a great win against Disoblige last week, so they’re off to a good start. dicE on the other hand, seems to be getting cocky and not being able to back up their shit as well as usual. These squads met just two weeks ago Pre-Season Week 2 and statistics would show that dicE should beat Dynasty. However, Pre-Season cannot always be an accurate predictor of regular season considering starters don’t always show up and the games aren’t taken as seriously. Though dicE has the advantage in terms of skill, experience, and time played together, this game could go either way if Dynasty shows their top line and they play to their fullest.

Dynasty Starting Line: Shock Therapy, Revered, Intern, Azada, Dreamfly, (Subs): Arsen, Geza

DicE Starting Line: Spawnisen, Megaman89, Maketso, FieryFire, Stayon, (Subs): Annul, Requiem

Final Score:
      Dice 50 – 48 Dynasty

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

dynasty beating thunder would be a pretty big upset...other than that its an easy week to call
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Yeah I agree, was a hard match to call but I think geza has a score to settle with me after this weeks HoN article, he logged off as soon as he read it. el oh el. I think Dynasty is going to pull the upset this week.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

nice work, well written and prompt to boot. thanks for the effort
            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

acumo apparently broke his thumb and can't play for 5 weeks or so
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a heads up, I left before the soft lock
                Dice
                TWLB Champions Season 8
                TWLJ Champions Season 8
                TWLB Champions Season 10
                TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                  Just a heads up, I left before the soft lock
                  ..but you should've joined a twl squad before the lock :<

E:
                  Originally posted by MirrorriM
                  3.06 Soft Lock

All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a soft lock after the last Round 1 match. This means that any players that de-roster from a Trench Wars League squad will no longer be eligible to join another League squad for the remainder of the season. Players from non-TWL squads may still join.
                  Last edited by Mela; 12-15-2008, 11:41 AM.
                  (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
                  8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

Any player who leaves a TWL roster AFTER THE LOCK TAKES EFFECT will not be able to join another league squad. I fall into the category of "players from non-TWL squads" since I was not on a TWL squad at the soft lock.
                    Dice
                    TWLB Champions Season 8
                    TWLJ Champions Season 8
                    TWLB Champions Season 10
                    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                      Any player who leaves a TWL roster AFTER THE LOCK TAKES EFFECT will not be able to join another league squad. I fall into the category of "players from non-TWL squads" since I was not on a TWL squad at the soft lock.
                      omg a2m, why did you leave dice. dice aint dice without you!:wub:
                      RaCka> how can i get you here
                      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

It nowhere says: AFTER THE LOCK TAKES AFFECT...
                        It just says: if you leave a TWL squad, you cannot join another TWL squad.
                        And yes you left a TWL squad, heck you even played TWL for them already, so you joining another squad now would make you fall under Soft Lock and would warrant you not being able to play TWL. That's at least how I see it, because in my opinion there isn't a difference at all to some1 leaving now and joining another squad or leaving after their game but before all other games are finnished to join another squad...

The rule was put there for that reason and it was moved to end of week 1 so players couldn't hop during the season so they couldn't play TWL for more then 1 squad. It would be weird now to allow you to play for other squads. That is my opinion how harsh it may be, but if you're gonna be so strict on rules and I think this rule has been discussed more then enough and the reason for it to be put at week 1 has been discussed enough and the TWL ops made clear it was there to make sure ppl only play for 1 squad the entire season.
                        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

The lock takes place after the last round 1 match. I left before the last round 1 match (3:30 PM opposed to the 5:30 PM ending of the 5 PM game)
                          Dice
                          TWLB Champions Season 8
                          TWLJ Champions Season 8
                          TWLB Champions Season 10
                          TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                            acumo apparently broke his thumb and can't play for 5 weeks or so
                            Remember Mitch getting stung by a bee which somehow broke his arm so he couldn't terr?

Comment

I wasn't allowed to play for Plade last season, even though I left Thunder before the soft lock. And the rule hasn't been changed since then, so.. >.<
                              (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
                              8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

Working...
                              X