TWL week 2, when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
    I went off of the top 2 choices in the TWL holiday break poll.
    there was a poll? when? where? Don't ever go by polls on forums are you kidding? Terrible choice

anyway, the 4th seems to be the best spot to start up again im not sure why people can't play then.... you get shitfaced on new years eve, new years your hungover... that leaves what... 3 days til then? thats plenty of time...

my main point is that I get shitfaced every saturday and manage to show up on sunday early in the day... if i can do that then these little kids can handle having twl THREE days after their little eggnog extravaganzas
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      there was a poll? when? where? Don't ever go by polls on forums are you kidding? Terrible choice

anyway, the 4th seems to be the best spot to start up again im not sure why people can't play then.... you get shitfaced on new years eve, new years your hungover... that leaves what... 3 days til then? thats plenty of time...

my main point is that I get shitfaced every saturday and manage to show up on sunday early in the day... if i can do that then these little kids can handle having twl THREE days after their little eggnog extravaganzas
      While he said it more like a kick in the teeth, he has a point. I'm alright with a week or two off - but almost a month? After how long people wait for twl, kinda sucks. In addition, I gotta backup chuckle here too, though nicely. If you guys are actually going to keep twl down for three weeks, I really hope we see some improvements in the site.

Now I can see maybe the players don't give two shits, and just want to play. Maybe this break is meant to be more for the people who've been doing all this work - but if people can't sober up for January 4th - they shouldn't be drinking or doing drugs because they obviously can't handle it. I've played twl drunk, high, on mushrooms, hell you name it, hungover, hungry, whatever. It's never going to be perfect for everyone. I just don't see any logical reason for that third week off. I have a respect for other people's tolerances in this game, I think they can handle a twl game a couple days after New Years.
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

The plan was to start it for 2 weeks then have the 2 week break...its not really twl staff's fault that tw got hacked
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
          The plan was to start it for 2 weeks then have the 2 week break...its not really twl staff's fault that tw got hacked
          no its not, but its also not our fault TW got hacked either.... good leadership is the ability to adapt to the situation, as nothing is static.... well staff should adapt to the situation and change things up... because I think we all agree a month break from TWL is pretty stupid
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

It's all good. Gives everyone a chance to just enjoy the holidays. :santa:
            RaCka> how can i get you here
            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
            RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
            death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

I'm pleased to have a couple of weeks off as a break so I can go out drinking, but the whole thing would have been better started after xmas anyway, atleast do preseasons before christmas and then break, rather than start the season only to break for two weeks after the first week games have been played.
              British> my 18th tomoz $$
              Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

A new feature: Friendly Matches during Break every Sunday. :[

Hard to find motivation to play TW when I have to wait over 3 weeks till the next match. Sob.

Comment

You guys can be angry about 3 weeks off, but this is what the the players want. No need to act like 3 weeks was planned when we all know it was supposed to just be 2 weeks (like last TWL). The poll was zoned quite a few times over a week-long period, several times a day.

While the break is nice for adding features for the TWL website, that isnt why we are having a break. Gotta come to terms that a lot of players outside of these forums dont want to play on Jan 4th. Anyways, with the database gone (and a wedding in the near future!) it makes it extremely difficult to do anything twl or website-wise. Let's be glad this break also coincides with this problem, so now we are only taking 3 weeks off instead of what could have been twice that.

I find it very rude and unthankful that players are demanding to see even more improvements in the website during the break. While we do want to give everyone every single feature they want, this break isnt just for TWL players. Some of us have been working every single day for several hours a day for the past 5 months trying to give players what they want. They deserve some slack, so back off.

I wont be around as much for the next few weeks until I get my computer fixed (dunno what happened, just dead), so I will only be able to go on at work when I can sneak in a few minutes. I know you guys have looked forward to TWL for a long time. I want it to run too, but it isnt going to happen for a little while. Enjoy time with friends and family for the holidays

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                    You guys can be angry about 3 weeks off, but this is what the the players want. No need to act like 3 weeks was planned when we all know it was supposed to just be 2 weeks (like last TWL). The poll was zoned quite a few times over a week-long period, several times a day.

While the break is nice for adding features for the TWL website, that isnt why we are having a break. Gotta come to terms that a lot of players outside of these forums dont want to play on Jan 4th. Anyways, with the database gone (and a wedding in the near future!) it makes it extremely difficult to do anything twl or website-wise. Let's be glad this break also coincides with this problem, so now we are only taking 3 weeks off instead of what could have been twice that.

I find it very rude and unthankful that players are demanding to see even more improvements in the website during the break. While we do want to give everyone every single feature they want, this break isnt just for TWL players. Some of us have been working every single day for several hours a day for the past 5 months trying to give players what they want. They deserve some slack, so back off.

I wont be around as much for the next few weeks until I get my computer fixed (dunno what happened, just dead), so I will only be able to go on at work when I can sneak in a few minutes. I know you guys have looked forward to TWL for a long time. I want it to run too, but it isnt going to happen for a little while. Enjoy time with friends and family for the holidays
                    Exactly, please stfu whining faggots. I know you guys want to play. However, making excuses like "college (or w/e)starting then, and i can't play omfgomfg" You would miss playoffs anyway then? Siriusli, stop being DUMBER that DUMBWIN. PLZ.

Ridiculous.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

jesus dw your sig
                      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                      There wont be another election for president.
                      Obama is the Omega President.
                      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

im fine with this break as long as TWL will be postponed every game i cant make from here on in.

deal? :turned:
                        Displaced> I get pussy every day
                        Displaced> I'm rich
                        Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                        Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                        Thors> prolly
                        Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

we have new dates for soft/hard lock if and when the database is restored?
                          Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Soft lock has already passed, and hard lock will be after round 3 games. That hasn't changed at all.
                            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                              Soft lock has already passed, and hard lock will be after round 3 games. That hasn't changed at all.

Regarding addition of new players to TWL roster and the 'one week rule'. Is 'one week rule' equivalent to the passage of one round of TWL or just 7 days excluding the weekend lock? Suppose a player joined a TWD roster on last saturday, will he be eligible to join TWL roster on monday or once the round 2 passes?
                              2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                              2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                              2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Now here's thoughts from someone who wouldn't have been able to make the next 3 weeks anyway:

Why did you make a poll in the first place? I must not have caught the poll, but was it mandatory to pick two separate weeks, and if so, for what reason? Every individual can or cannot make a weekend, it just so happens that one (x-mas) is an international event with a higher probability of a majority of people missing out. Again, haven't seen the poll, feel free to enlighten me on your conclusions from it.

What exactly is the reason this weekend couldn't take place either? The sites were down... do you really have to rely on the websites in order for things to take place?

I wasn't going to make the next three weekends anway, so as far as me nerdraging about not being able to play is moot, but I'm dissapointed by how staff handled just the sites being down. Can you not take things into your own hands if events like this happen and help change something that IS under your control? There should be more than one effective way to communicate to and with players.

Better yet, let's not focus on the failures. Have something planned for the future, learn from this mistake so we don't have another week off for no reason barring the whole TW server being down for a length of time. There's no guaruntee that something like this or just as detrimental won't happen again this season or future seasons. No plan B? Better start working on it.

OH NO THE WEBSITE SERVER IS DOWN:
                                Contact Captains in game for scheduling
                                On Squad acceptance signup, ask for Captains' emails for updates and scheduling
                                Post something in news.txt regarding the plan for the upcoming TWL matches that weekend
                                Backup - barebones - website
                                Record statistics with excel after each match if the website is STILL down during matches, to update it manually in the future

I'm sure there are many more options.

Comment

Working...
                                X