LD All Star thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LD All Star thread

No one has made one of these yet, so I'm going to name the potential candidates from each squad this season.

::::: Quake :::::

Deez nuts - Solid performances pretty much all season. A shoo-in.

Raspi - Thunder game is the biggest thing going for him so far, although week 1 I think I remember him having another big game. Perennial all star candidate

Vash - Hard to really ignore the stats he puts up, even though his teamwork needs improvement.

::::: HEAVY :::::

Apok - All 3 of the candidates should be shoo-ins on this squad. Apok could possibly be the most dominant wb this season killing almost at a 2:1 ratio.

Izor - Clearly the most underrated player this season with the teamwork and recs he brings to the table. 6 wins, 6 positive recs. 1 loss, 1 negative rec.

RaCka - Vicious rushes and monster games when he plays. Dont think I've seen him miss close range all season. Barry Sanders would be jealous of his juking abilities.

::::: Thunder :::::

Ease - Carried a couple games this season. Good in wb mostly with mid to long range shots.

b4 - Another perennial All Star selectee. Has had a couple shaky games this year, Dynasty popping out to me off the top of my head, but has more than made up for it since.

Creature - NO CREATURE NO VICTORY still seems to be holding true, excluding the one death outing he had at the end of a lost cause.

::::: Pirates :::::

Hercules - If there was a clear cut all star on this squad, Herc would be it. Always manages to get good recs. Never really a threat to get 15+ with his playstyle, but consistent positive outings.

plob#f - Most solid team player on pirates. Recently choked this week, but there were many other problems with the rest of his team so he cannot be expected to be god-like.

vys - Shaky here, while hes capable of 14-2's and 13-6's, he's also capable of 5-5's when the other 4 people on his team have died out.

::::: Dynasty :::::

Exalt - Started out the season for Dynasty with an 0-5 in a win. Rebounded with an 18 kill performance a couple weeks later. Can do very bad but at the same time he does very well more often because he has some ability to play with his team.

Regen - Very underrated player. What I have seen to be the nucleus of Dynasty's team all season long. Watching most of their games to comment on HoN or features, I have seen him around the action either luring or picking up clutch kills in close games.

Unabled - Rinse and repeat what I put for exalt, but less teaming ability.

::::: Sweet :::::

Caos - Constantly getting kills, but at what cost? Horrible, horrible teamwork. But he gets stats!

saetep - Hard to argue with his 10-3, 14-3, 7-4 also.

Dak - One of the better players on Sweet imo. Has a 4-10 in the mix which hurts him, but a lot of good recs like 8-2 also.

::::: Sake :::::

pascone - The sole reason Sake even has a chance at this point in the season. Consistently there which is more than I can say for the rest, and consistently good

Deluge - I feel obligated to put in 3 people for this squad also since I did for the rest, and Del adds a big threat to sakes lineup when he shows. Unfortunately, that isnt often.

Mega Newbie - Again, when he shows up he is above average at his ship. He just hasnt showed much.

I cant think of any other players besides possibly Deliver on Rape, but I might have missed people. Feel free to comment/revise/add your own
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Saetep has always been awesome. Just wish he would play more.
    A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Seems pretty spot on.

Comment

Jones for saetep, Scoop for plob, and Skepsis for Deez Nuts.

Comment

Deliver from Rape
          DELETED

Comment

chuckle for pirates
            draft for thunder
            TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

Well, Draft would probably be the Team A captain because of his subbing skills, and ignite would probably be team B cause of obvious reasons
              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

im better

Comment

I don't wish to point any fingers, but Deliver from Rape is better, if not much better, than half of the players listed. You might argue my statement by saying "o wait val, deliver's stats arnt rilly dat go0d", but think about it, Deliver is playing on Rape squadron, the squad of suicide rushers that make no attempts at teaming. Just my opinion.

(By the way, Deliver won't leave rape because we're e-family, so don't try to recruit him until he joins [Rape] guild of Diablo 3, faggots.)

Comment

Originally posted by Valholy View Post
                    I don't wish to point any fingers, but Deliver from Rape is better, if not much better, than half of the players listed. You might argue my statement by saying "o wait val, deliver's stats arnt rilly dat go0d", but think about it, Deliver is playing on Rape squadron, the squad of suicide rushers that make no attempts at teaming. Just my opinion.

(By the way, Deliver won't leave rape because we're e-family, so don't try to recruit him until he joins [Rape] guild of Diablo 3, faggots.)
                    deliver isn't very good, sorry to burst your bubble val
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                      deliver isn't very good, sorry to burst your bubble val
                      You are welcomed to disagree Exalt, but please elaborate as opposed to making an accusation with no authentication.

I claim, that he is a great player because his teaming and versatility is a rarity in warbirds. For example, if you take a (great, in my opinion) long range players such as Dak, and play him within a team of rushers, it would be difficult for him to adjust. Deliver, on the other hand is one of those players that can easily fit into any team, and post positive stats, whether it would be "2 screens away radar straying" or "suicide rushing".

And on a side note, during the time you were on Rape, Exalt, you preferred to play with Deli :P

Comment

I think Deliver is the best player on Rape and I consider him to be quite a solid player. I've even invited him to join Quake. I would never invite someone like Exalt that almost averages 10 deaths a round.

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
                          I think Deliver is the best player on Rape and I consider him to be quite a solid player. I've even invited him to join Quake. I would never invite someone like Exalt that almost averages 10 deaths a round.
                          and that's why a squad like yours will never win LD compared to a squad like HEAVY who will quicksand owns you, you stupid puma newbie
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Val, you are better than Deliver. But he isn't bad or anything.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Wtf i am not a all star this year, i choked this TWL season. Thanks val and Da i will do better next season if you guys call me to play.
                              1. You're reading my comment
                              2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
                              4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
                              5. You're checking it now.
                              6. You're smiling.
                              7. You're still reading my comment.
                              8. You know all you have read is true.
                              10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
                              11. You're checking it now.
                              12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Comment

Working...
                              X