TWLD Semi appeal HEAVY vs Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Semi appeal HEAVY vs Thunder

A few things I'm going to keep short and to the point.

1) Round 1 we played without Kthx being able to play because he was banned. He started 7 or 8 games for us this season

2) Round 2 by the rules PL said overtime keeps on going and during this time Apok killed Burnt while the bot was done. Why was there an intermission? If the rules are to have consecutive overtimes, then have consecutive overtimes.

3) sub didnt work in overtime, and I intended to use Thunders lame back on them to get an 'extra' death. Subs are part of the mechanics of TWL so we should have been able to throw someone else in and at least have Apok take a breather from chasing after Burnt so long.

4) I constantly was telling spec that Burnt was refusing to fight Apok. Almost everyone that was there thats not on either squad saw burnt outright running off radar from Apok. This is also against TWL rules and something should have been done about it.

Thats about it.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

1) GL - he isn't much of a warbird anyway, starting him woulda just made it worse. He was subbed by foreign round 2, even when he DID start.

2) GL - When the bot said the game was over, burnt stopped playing, then he just started running, and apok just decided to shoot him after chasing him a bit. The game was in intermission like you said, therefore the kill did not count.

3) GL - we wanted to sub in vitja, but there were no sub functions. This was a fail on both ends.

4) Hmmph...GL again. Refusing to fight is running constantly, burnt had a mixture of running AND shooting.

Gg though, nice try. You know as well as we do that this appeal is riding on the Fail Boat.
    Last edited by Purple Heart; 03-15-2009, 03:06 PM.
    TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
    TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

Twl has been going on for so long and we still cant get the bots right or a site right.. Its just some bull
      [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

#3 works for me, i tried subbing vitja in

didnt work real talk
        (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
        (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post

1) Round 1 we played without Kthx being able to play because he was banned. He started 7 or 8 games for us this season

2) Round 2 by the rules PL said overtime keeps on going and during this time Apok killed Burnt while the bot was done. Why was there an intermission? If the rules are to have consecutive overtimes, then have consecutive overtimes.

3) sub didnt work in overtime, and I intended to use Thunders lame back on them to get an 'extra' death. Subs are part of the mechanics of TWL so we should have been able to throw someone else in and at least have Apok take a breather from chasing after Burnt so long.

4) I constantly was telling spec that Burnt was refusing to fight Apok. Almost everyone that was there thats not on either squad saw burnt outright running off radar from Apok. This is also against TWL rules and something should have been done about it.

Thats about it.
          1. Shut the fuck up, you admitted yourself that wark was not a starter and that foreign had replaced him. Chuckle is my witness here.

2. Again, shut the fuck up. This wasn't the first time a 49-49 game has been played like this. Joe had to play years ago 1v1 in LJ, and it was handed exactly like this game. They brought a bot in and started it using gogogo etc, it doesn't continue when burnt sits there asking what's going on and apok keeps rushing him.

3. I could have subbed burnt SO MANY TIMES when he was being rushed but I was told not to, so I didn't. You know why subs didn't work? IT WAS TWBOT, common sense says that you have to PM some form of TWL Op.

4.Burnt wasn't refusing to fight, he always plays like that. He plays a style that is unrushable, which was a good counter to your friend Apok who ONLY rushes.

I don't have a problem with you Izor, but that's beyond ridiculous what you did round 1, and before you bring up the sk8 scheduling thing as always, THAT WAS NOT ME. Anzu scheduled that game and he isn't in Thunder.
          Phiz> I probably am gay
          Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

10.03 Substitutions
            Each squad will be allowed to have two (2) substitutes for each game. Substitutes must be registered and eligible members of that squad. Squad captains and assistant captains may use their available substitutes at any time during the match. The substitute will be placed in the game with the amount of lives left for the slot that they substituted. Registered squad captains and assistant captains can substitute players by private messaging the attending TWBot with !sub.

(With a 30 minute 1v1 duel, we couldn't use a sub during this time even though it was technically the game)

10.10 Refusing to Fight
            Refusing to fight will be tolerated to a certain degree. However, if a player is adding rounds of overtime such that the game infringes on the start time of new games in the next time slot, the player will be warned. If the player does not comply within 60 seconds, the player will be specced with their current score and 10 losses.

(Running caused a huge problem in this game)

10.13 Overtime
            If a game results in a tie in score, a 5-minute overtime period will be played, and will continue directly from the end of regular time with no intermission. If any squad has 50 deaths before the overtime is complete, the other squad will be declared the winner. Otherwise, after the 5-minute overtime, the squad with the least deaths will be declared the winner. If the teams are still tied after the 5-minute overtime, overtimes will be played until a winner is declared.

(Not one super long one, probably 5 minute periods to give players a break)

If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, server lag, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time.

(I was banned for no reason and Quake got a replay for this)

6.02 Resolved within 30 minutes
            In the event that all technical difficulties are resolved within 30 minutes of the scheduled time period, the match will be played immediately.

(Round 1 should be replayed immediately)
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

"10.03 Substitutions
              Each squad will be allowed to have two (2) substitutes for each game. Substitutes must be registered and eligible members of that squad. Squad captains and assistant captains may use their available substitutes at any time during the match. The substitute will be placed in the game with the amount of lives left for the slot that they substituted. Registered squad captains and assistant captains can substitute players by private messaging the attending TWBot with !sub.

(With a 30 minute 1v1 duel, we couldn't use a sub during this time even though it was technically the game)"

You have to PM the TWL OP. Everyone knows this.

"10.10 Refusing to Fight
              Refusing to fight will be tolerated to a certain degree. However, if a player is adding rounds of overtime such that the game infringes on the start time of new games in the next time slot, the player will be warned. If the player does not comply within 60 seconds, the player will be specced with their current score and 10 losses.

(Running caused a huge problem in this game)

He was countering Apok's style of play. APok rushes, Burnt runs and fires lobs. And it worked, we won.

Comment

10.03 Substitutions

I tried following the TWL rules, personally.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

pascone> what point
                  pascone> we know the rules
                  pascone> the bot stopped
                  pascone> what you want us to do
                  Annoyance> make a bot that works?
                  Foreign> you'd think after 12 seasons you'd be able to get the bot to comply with the rules
                  pascone> you would, but here we are
                  Foreign> that alone is grounds for appeal to me
                  Foreign> bot didn't follow the rules
                  -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                    without Kthx being able to play because he was banned.
                    LOLOLOLOL
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

re

soft, its official Eelam > Quicksand newbies
                      TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                      TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                      KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                      1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                      1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

The only point worth mentioning is the intermissions.

Other points are rather laughable.
                        GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Let's face it, you guys just want to appeal because you LOST. If you had won the game, you wouldn't be here pullin' out rules and shit.

Comment

1) Wark didn't login till 1:10, which would be after the time you could add people to start the round and not long enough for him to be reasonably banfreed(if he logged in anytime before that , staff could have fixed the ban)

2) After the bot said the game was void, there needed to be time to correct the situation, both teams agreed on playing 1 vs 1 to 1, with no complaints at the time.

3) I messaged both squads that the subs will go through me with a 10 second delay. I received no messages for subs.

4) I don't think he was refusing to fight, they were both firing from long distance most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                              1) Wark didn't login till 1:10, which would be after the time you could add people to start the round and not long enough for him to be reasonably banfreed(if he logged in anytime before that , staff could have fixed the ban)
                              LOL GG.

Comment

Working...
                              X