TWL Season 13 Invitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    I also never said 99% of ppl that started after 2004 are bad. I dunno where you got that from. I said people that started before 2002 when TWD was made, and then sucked after TWD shouldn't be considered good.
    LOL I like how you keep changing your definitions. So you went from saying

none of the players who were good back then are even close to decent nowadays
    to now saying a truism:
    "people that started before 2002 when TWD was made, and then sucked after TWD shouldn't be considered good"

EQUALS

People who sucked after TWD started in 2002 shouldn't be considered good

EQUALS

People who started to suck in 2002 are sucky.

Ohhhhh you're a genius there buddy!

Are you mad that you are a terrible player epi? I don't think the past matters when you are so shitty for so many years NOW. Maybe you and ignite can hook up and be best friends thinking you were the best captains in the world.

Oh, and the rest of what you said is just angry banter from a shitty player... so I'll just ignore you on those false statements. Maybe you should think before you type.
    I like how I'm being brought into this. I will be the first one to admit I suck now. Actually I pretty much said I sucked even back in season 6 a few posts ago aside from being a decent sub. LOL.

Unfortunately for you, I don't have a fragile ego such as yourself.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Looks like I got someone a little angry

lol

I was just fucking with you epi. You can chill out now. Just wanted to see if I could piss you off a little bit

What kind of TWL would this be without a little drama? :devil:

Oh, and my fragile little ego is CRUSHED! hahaha
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

lol

I was just fucking with you epi. You can chill out now. Just wanted to see if I could piss you off a little bit

Angry? Not quite. Getting angry from some random dude on a TWL forum is the last thing on my mind, when I'm dealing with people dying in front of me every day in real life.

PS I screwed up your other post, hit edit instead of reply... whoops. Anyway here's my reply

I'm glad you can name 13 players, but lets be honest here as well. None of those players aside from a few are even CLOSE to what they once were. I don't expect a player like yourself to understand this concept, but the truth is the truth. People get worse as time goes by and new talent comes up.
        One thing I don't understand is why you think that I think that new people can't be good? Where did you get that from?

I merely stated that Burnt is one of the best ever, and considering he won TWL last season as a starter he's obviously still pretty good.

I mean obviously new people will be good now compared to 2000 considering it's been 9 years LOL

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
          Angry? Not quite. Getting angry from some random dude on a TWL forum is the last thing on my mind, when I'm dealing with people dying in front of me every day in real life.
          Welcome to the real world. Save it. I've had plenty of friends die when I was in the military, and its not something that should be brought up on trenchwars forums epi.... but I'm sure you already know that. Lets not take it there, ok?
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Welcome to the real world. Save it. I've had plenty of friends die when I was in the military, and its not something that should be brought up on trenchwars forums epi.... but I'm sure you already know that. Lets not take it there, ok?
            Oh now I know where I know you from... you're always posting with Wark and Izor about how you're in the military on the forums. No wonder your name looked so familiar.

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

One thing I don't understand is why you think that I think that new people can't be good? Where did you get that from?

I merely stated that Burnt is one of the best ever, and considering he won TWL last season as a starter he's obviously still pretty good.

I mean obviously new people will be good now compared to 2000 considering it's been 9 years LOL
              The point I was overall trying to make was this:

Way way back when I was a newbie... early 2001... There were the top squads and there were the newbie Paladen/Blasphemous/etc squads. Sure... squads would play private arena squad duels... and if you had staff on your squad you could even get it hosted instead of having to go to each safe and spec yourself at 10 deaths.

TWD changed everything by making squads able to play the top squads that they were not able to play before. Instead of being able to face a great player just in elim... you could actually play their squad with your squad. TWD changed TW to something special and brought TWL to the mainstream instead of just a league that new players didn't really know about.

Long story short... It made people better and evened out the competition.

My point is that players that sucked AFTER 2002 when they didn't suck before 2002 are more than likely a product of the way things were instead of just being so amazing. There were FAR more newbies who knew only pub and elim over elite players. When TWD hit, it brought talent out of pubs and into squad duels. It made those "newbs" that the vets talked shit to into vets themselves. When those vets started to lose once the newbs got better, it shows a lot. THAT was the point I was trying to make that you keep misunderstanding. I don't think I mentioned any names in that category, did I? The names I mentioned are just players that don't play anymore... or rarely do... and are not the same as they used to be. I was getting at the idea that the "history" of tw is more of a nestalgia type thing rather than having any huge significance. If thunder wins another LD... would you consider them as good as Siege was back in the day? How about elusive winning 2 titles as well as sk8/thunder? Thing is, we will never know, because the old players from back then have either quit for good or play very rarely and are not the players they used to be.

I said these things when I said I thought the competition was better now than it was before TWD. It isn't just about siege and elusive anymore... whether talent is watered down or whatever... the point remains that a lot of squads have a chance nowadays compared to the old days. That being said, competition is better in my eyes.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Oh now I know where I know you from... you're always posting with Wark and Izor about how you're in the military on the forums. No wonder your name looked so familiar.
                I haven't posted about me being in the military in years probably... I dunno. You must have a far better memory than I do.
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

lol

Oh, and my fragile little ego is CRUSHED! hahaha
                  way to pussy out with the nice guy joking act when you got told.
                  Girl if it's alright,
                  100%.

Comment

to now saying a truism:

"Exalt got gg'd"

EQUALS

Exalt got told

EQUALS

Exalt got pwnd

Ohhhhh imma genius right there buddy!

Comment

Epi shooting fish in a barrel.

Comment

you chose to be ion military. i commend u. but dont complain, epi. id be in the military too if i wasnt too smart for that and chose college instead. tragik's long ass post has alot of truth in it. look at riverside, guy owns duel, but is not nearly as dominant in dd's as he is 1v1.
                        5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                        5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                        5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                        5:Melanoma> aight cool
                        5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                        5:Oops> what?
                        5:Melanoma> ye
                        5:Oops> you serious?
                        5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                        5:Melanoma> fu
                        5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                        5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

my friend went to college and graduated with a double major, he then went to the army for infantry and is now in ranger school. something the gays on these forums didn't do, as they joined like air force or navy or something as equally gay

also, you don't have friends in the army, they are buddies. yes, there is a difference.
                          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Oops View Post
                            you chose to be ion military. i commend u. but dont complain, epi. id be in the military too if i wasnt too smart for that and chose college instead. tragik's long ass post has alot of truth in it. look at riverside, guy owns duel, but is not nearly as dominant in dd's as he is 1v1.
                            Huh? I'm not in the military.

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

The point I was overall trying to make was this:

Way way back when I was a newbie... early 2001... There were the top squads and there were the newbie Paladen/Blasphemous/etc squads. Sure... squads would play private arena squad duels... and if you had staff on your squad you could even get it hosted instead of having to go to each safe and spec yourself at 10 deaths.

TWD changed everything by making squads able to play the top squads that they were not able to play before. Instead of being able to face a great player just in elim... you could actually play their squad with your squad. TWD changed TW to something special and brought TWL to the mainstream instead of just a league that new players didn't really know about.

Long story short... It made people better and evened out the competition.

My point is that players that sucked AFTER 2002 when they didn't suck before 2002 are more than likely a product of the way things were instead of just being so amazing. There were FAR more newbies who knew only pub and elim over elite players. When TWD hit, it brought talent out of pubs and into squad duels. It made those "newbs" that the vets talked shit to into vets themselves. When those vets started to lose once the newbs got better, it shows a lot. THAT was the point I was trying to make that you keep misunderstanding. I don't think I mentioned any names in that category, did I? The names I mentioned are just players that don't play anymore... or rarely do... and are not the same as they used to be. I was getting at the idea that the "history" of tw is more of a nestalgia type thing rather than having any huge significance. If thunder wins another LD... would you consider them as good as Siege was back in the day? How about elusive winning 2 titles as well as sk8/thunder? Thing is, we will never know, because the old players from back then have either quit for good or play very rarely and are not the players they used to be.

I said these things when I said I thought the competition was better now than it was before TWD. It isn't just about siege and elusive anymore... whether talent is watered down or whatever... the point remains that a lot of squads have a chance nowadays compared to the old days. That being said, competition is better in my eyes.
                              Well it's good you finally clarified yourself after all of this time.

I mean your rants about how 99% of vets suck or how you have no respect for any players on siege before res cap (many of whom were quite good years after TWD started) were all just leading to your post above... man how could I be so naive?

I'm not sure why you're so focused on Siege/Elusive days at all... I'm not. I haven't ever said people back then were better or anything. I believe I've said that no res restriction = more fun game which I still stand behind.

Other people have said such things but I've never believed in such rubbish. This season the tenth best squad is lightyears beyond the tenth best squad in say season 5.

The important thing to note though is that the top 3 squads would probably still be around as good as the top 3 squads years ago. Sure new strategies were created, but people adapt. All basing squads quickly adapted to the cram for instance. Top 3 squads back then and now, all have the same basic things. A starting line + subs of people who play a lot and who actually really care about winning. This game is not nearly 'deep' enough such that a few years makes a huge difference. It's not like the NBA over 30 years where everyone now is probably a foot taller or whatever.

Who would win between today's top squad and Elusive 5 years ago? Who knows, all I know is that it would be a good game and I'd like to think we would have won if only because I am a good coach

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Well it's good you finally clarified yourself after all of this time.

I mean your rants about how 99% of vets suck or how you have no respect for any players on siege before res cap (many of whom were quite good years after TWD started) were all just leading to your post above... man how could I be so naive?

I really think you need to learn how to read. I never said these things, but tragik did. Maybe you can go attack him for saying things you disagree with instead of opening your mouth and talking out of your ass?

I'm not sure why you're so focused on Siege/Elusive days at all... I'm not. I haven't ever said people back then were better or anything. I believe I've said that no res restriction = more fun game which I still stand behind.

Other people have said such things but I've never believed in such rubbish. This season the tenth best squad is lightyears beyond the tenth best squad in say season 5.
                                So after everything you just complained about, you agree with me? What the fuck? You are ridiculous.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X