X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vergilius View Post
    tell it to your own spids
    Been trying to?

With Mattey, but they just don't seem to get it. Our spiders run away when they should move forward, and don't even react when a shark doas from the enemy (or from our team) or if under needs help. I can't be everywhere at once. :fear:

Ro should've played.. that.. fag.. thought the game was at 5PM EST.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
      Mad vs. Rapid

I do not agree with KneX's picks in the NOT section as if it weren't for Violence / Creature (+ JeBu), Rapid wouldn't have stand a chance against us. Kudos to them.

post scriptum for KneX: Spider is not about who gets the most kills or the best K ratio, unless you're a complete idiot and really think that is the case. I am pretty sure my beloved friend Eelam agrees with me on this one as well. Unless he forgot that he called himself the Best Pusher in Trench Wars.
      Maybe open your eyes and notice there is 'by vergilius' above the HoN of your game. And no I dont think the best thing is to kill the most, else dicE would have won dicE vs Sage.. and many games like that.
      Major Crisis

Comment

Metrics are relative, and should only be used that way. Everyone loves to poke holes in metrics (since it is so easy), often because they are being used the wrong way. I used to talk about RPD (reps per death) and many people took it the wrong way. The last league season I looked at, the squad whose sharks the higher combined RPD won 82% of the time. Many people loved to be critical of that fact and assumed that I was saying that sharks should go out and try to increase their RPD like it would increase the number of games won. Obviously RPD is a relative number and should only be used accordingly, same with number of kills for a spider. Truth is that the squad with the greater number of kills will win the majority of the time.

It is just like MPG (miles per gallon), what a person actually gets or whether or not it is meaningful completely depends on the relative context of how the number is being used. There is value in using these kinds of numbers, but they are basically numeric generalizations. Mention them, and the trolls come out and start pointing out obvious exceptions while missing the point of how to use them.

Comment

I still think that you can tell a good shark pair if they have same # of deaths ... meaning they are switching off correctly and one is covering for the other when they are out of reps. They should be alternating deaths essentially. There really is no good metric unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by maketso View Post
            Was this the same season when menelvagor single-handedly carried Plade to twlb playoffs? o it was.

stfu draft you suck.
            ^ hey look its that guy that thinks he can jav while running and bombing AND still losing to amputate 1v3 few days ago

hate talking to kids, dumb 8 yr old euro trash pos fuck off
            (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
            (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
            (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
            (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

re

Originally posted by Draft View Post
              ^ hey look its that guy that thinks he can jav while running and bombing AND still losing to amputate 1v3 few days ago

thunder fell of the basing map with the departure of eelam , EELAM FACTOR SON:fear:
              TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
              TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
              KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
              1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
              1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
                I still think that you can tell a good shark pair if they have same # of deaths ... meaning they are switching off correctly and one is covering for the other when they are out of reps. They should be alternating deaths essentially. There really is no good metric unfortunately.
                I agree, I am sure that if I were to compile the statistics on same number of deaths your point would be confirmed.

But it is likely that someone will log on and hold up some exceptions to make the point seem invalid. They will say something like, "Sharks deaths will be lopsided if one team is ahead, one shark is mining the tube and dying often, while the other shark allows him to die and head back down to tube” or “one shark lagged out 3 times so the other shark had more deaths”. Point is being able to pull some exceptions out of your ass doesn’t make the metric invalid, it only shows that a person doesn’t understand metrics.

Comment

bw full of laggot faggots
                  1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                  JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                  1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                  http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                    I agree, I am sure that if I were to compile the statistics on same number of deaths your point would be confirmed.

But it is likely that someone will log on and hold up some exceptions to make the point seem invalid. They will say something like, "Sharks deaths will be lopsided if one team is ahead, one shark is mining the tube and dying often, while the other shark allows him to die and head back down to tube” or “one shark lagged out 3 times so the other shark had more deaths”. Point is being able to pull some exceptions out of your ass doesn’t make the metric invalid, it only shows that a person doesn’t understand metrics.
                    We all know the best metric is :busted:THE NUMBER OF EXCLAMATION MARKS IN THE SHARKS' NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:busted:

But really, close death #s and solid - MATCHING - RPD are about as good as you can get for paper statistics that indicate shark quality.
                    3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                      thunder fell of the basing map with the departure of eelam , EELAM FACTOR SON:fear:
                      U MEAN NO CREATURE NO VICTORY.

Get on the right page Eelam

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse WOW! View Post
                        We all know the best metric is :busted:THE NUMBER OF EXCLAMATION MARKS IN THE SHARKS' NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:busted:
                        then you're fucked, tabarnak!!! is going to run a train on you

and i ain't talkin no choo choo shit either
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

i always thought

shorter name = better shark

i.e. a2m

case closed?

yes, i think so
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                            i always thought

shorter name = better shark

i.e. a2m

case closed?

yes, i think so
                            Possibly. 3 characters or less = better, however, 10-20 character names have been known to have some badass sharks there, just sayin.

Oh Snap Son Its The Joepocalypse WOW! and the Full Effect
                            IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!!!!
                            Trench Wars' favorite cheater

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post

http://twleagues.org/?x=showmatch&match=268 whats that? :O

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_ View Post
                                Possibly. 3 characters or less = better, however, 10-20 character names have been known to have some badass sharks there, just sayin.

Oh Snap Son Its The Joepocalypse WOW! and the Full Effect
                                IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!!!!
                                your sig reminds me of mattey's old "I like Penis" sig
                                Originally posted by paradise!
                                pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                                1:Reaver> HALP
                                1:Reaver> HELELP
                                1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                                1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X