TWLD Hot or Not - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Hot or Not - Week 3

Oooook, well since there has been excessive whining I decided to take this into my own hands and do one finally. I missed wolf-warpath cause i was LDing then and rapid-shinobi cause i was on my way to see the phillies game (despite the cold it was very well worth it! lots of trash talk for terrible colorado natives).

Match of the Week - Mad 50 - Thunder 42

This match started out living up to its expectations with Thunder and Mad going back and forth. It was hard to tell who was really winning because someone was almost always lagging out. Deez Nuts would carry Mad for a bit then proceed to leave them 4v5 for a while and Thunder would capitalize on the advantage. In the middle of the game it seemed like Thunder had taken control when they took out blood (8-10), gained a pretty good lead and had apok struggling at 5-8. Unfortunately chuckle looked like he was running a 5k instead of playing in LD and reaver's best days are well behind him, so Mad was fairly easily able to come back and end Thunders high hopes of having Ease with his 17 kills carry them to yet another victory.

Quicksand 50 - Dice 38

a2m vs his former squad would have been a fitting storyline going into this game, but it very quickly turned into The RaCka Show as the King himself dropped a 17-4 on the subpar line put forth by Dice. NOWHERE and U OK?! were spammed on team chat as it was demonstrated that one person still can take over a game in this league. The final score really ended up being a lot closer than the game played out as some suicide freebies were handed out to the last remaining runners. No surprises here.

Epidemic 50 - Serenity 47

There was probably a top 5 wb sighting today in LD, but unfortunately not in this game as Epidemic decided to give all its starters minus Deluge the day off against Serenity. Serenity really was never out of this game despite jaa's lackluster 4-10 performance, as Burg (16-10) tried to offset him. The only things we really learned here about Epidemic is that Squadless's cross-eyed ass cant get more than 12 against Serenity, Deluge cant get over 10 without a good team, and Sirius will never be a good wb again. The expectations for Serenity were already 0, so seeing great play from Burg is a positive for them to take out of their loss and build on next week, hopefully for them in a match where they might be able to get a W (Mad, QS, and Epidemic are already out of the way).

Wolf 50 - Warpath 40

And here begins the matches I couldnt/didnt see. This match quite honestly isnt important in the grand scheme of things, and Wolf pretty much proved that they're a better all around squad than Warpath. All of Wolf's starters scored between 7 and 13 kills, which shows they were all on the same page with teaming and not one person really had to carry for them. They also died out evenly which I'm sure gave them a 5v4 or 5v3 pretty early in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats just how I read those stats.

Fatal 50 - Sage 28

Lets not make any mistakes here. Fatal is bad for a team that is supposed to be in playoff contention. They're competing with Mad/Thunder/Epidemic/QS/Shinobi/Rapid for 6 (I think?) playoff spots and might be the worst of the 7 depending on how terrible Shinobi really is. That really just goes to show how terrible sage is, as they only picked up 28 kills against Fatal in a laugher. Theres really nothing to say about this game except that rednaz somehow got 15 kills and took home the MVP.

Rapid 50 - Shinobi 46

I wish I saw this match, but I had other priorities, so I wont comment on it too much based on stats. With the solid team efforts that Rapid is putting together though, they might actually be able to compete with some of the better squads this year. We'll see when they play someone I guess.

HOT player of the week - RaCka

I really wanted to throw in someone from one of the closer games, but the teams that won this week played like teams were not the result of one person's effort, like Quicksand's win over Dice. 17-4 is hard to beat in the weekly HoN writeup, but the runners-up (Ease 17-10, Hercules 16-10 and Burg 16-10) all had one thing in common - they didnt do well enough to win.

NOT Player of the week - beam

Yeah, you were 3-8 and your team lost by 4...in case you cant do the math that means they lost by less than your +/- margin. Had you put up even 5 kills you might have been able to get someone out and let the better players on your team deal with the advantage, but unfortunately your team came away empty handed and you landed yourself in the not column. You join a long list of horrible wbs like Quartz and vys, who it's been rumored recently attempted bodily harm to himself over these articles (our best wishes to you vys! it would be a shame if we didnt have to see your cheats in playoffs this year). jaa might have normally won with his 4-10 in a 3 point game, but its obvious by the players that Epidemic had in spec that they were a !sub away from having the game in the bag. Instead he joins Reaver and chuckle with their craptastic teaming and epic choke jobs as the honorable mentions this week.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Good reads.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Damn I got pretty close on most of my predictions! I had mad winning 50-42 they wont by +3 of that score. I had The QS vs Dive game at 50-37 it ended +1 of that score. I had the Rapid vs Shinobi game 50-42 and they edned +4 from that score.

Good work on the week 3 HoN izor! :wub:
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
        Fatal 50 - Sage 28

Lets not make any mistakes here. Fatal is bad for a team that is supposed to be in playoff contention. They're competing with Mad/Thunder/Epidemic/QS/Shinobi/Rapid for 6 (I think?) playoff spots and might be the worst of the 7 depending on how terrible Shinobi really is. That really just goes to show how terrible sage is, as they only picked up 28 kills against Fatal in a laugher. Theres really nothing to say about this game except that rednaz somehow got 15 kills and took home the MVP.
        Good thing was that barely anyone showed for the game. Not that I say Sage is competing for play offs but it would have been alot closer if our 'wbs' actually show.
        Major Crisis

Comment

I think it's just a big coincidence that izors hot or not skipped the week they lost and started back up when they won.
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

It's a pretty big coincidence that this is my first time doing it this year? We won last week genius

Comment

To comment on the Wolf-Warpath game- They were ahead slightly most of the game. It was close at times, but they teamed better than we did, simple as that. Their line (without Rasaq or Flew) actually played the same style, and controlled the mid-range. Unfortunately, 2 of our starters struggled and had to be subbed out, but even 2 positive subs (one by me ha) and a good game from nemiseph couldn't even us out.
              When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

why isnt burnts 2-10 in the NOT, just wondering :grin:
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

While Burnt wasnt helping the team out with kills, he was generally around the team doing stuff and helping out in other ways. Reaver and chuckle are the ones who were running around being useless although they had better records to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                    While Burnt wasnt helping the team out with kills, he was generally around the team doing stuff and helping out in other ways. Reaver and chuckle are the ones who were running around being useless although they had better records to show for it.
                    lol wow he must of teamed hardcore to let that 2-10 slide
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

2-10 is alright as long as you manage to run around and stay alive long enough.
                      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                      1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                      1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Oh how the mighty have fallen
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                          To comment on the Wolf-Warpath game- They were ahead slightly most of the game. It was close at times, but they teamed better than we did, simple as that. Their line (without Rasaq or Flew) actually played the same style, and controlled the mid-range. Unfortunately, 2 of our starters struggled and had to be subbed out, but even 2 positive subs (one by me ha) and a good game from nemiseph couldn't even us out.
                          I dunno about rasaq, because he usually gets decent recs, but Flew is just terrible. I really don't understand why people assume he is a good player. He does the exact opposite of everything it takes to win a game as a team, and after 6 years of him playing, you would think he could learn. Apparently, not all asians are smart.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

it's funny, you'll make whatever argument works for you that one moment. it's been said that i am "horrible" although i finished top 5 in kills last year. but the argument then was that i was playing with a bunch of "even worse" teammates. had deluge gone for 20, i'm guessing that argument would have surfaced again.

deluge plays once a week for 10 minutes. we don't all have the time that you guys have, although you do like to claim you're always busy watching the nfl with your friends grilling and drinking beer yet showing up to every game
                            violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                            [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

And your always typing when nobody was speaking to or about you. You always defending yourself even when nobody was attacking you. Fuck pascone the only reason anybody even brings up your past bullshit with stray is because we know how much it gets to you and riles you up. And dont say that it doesent because everytime its brought up your the first one to drop a comment. Get over it, your an average twl caliber warbird thats more then most who play this game so be happy with that and shut the fuck up.
                              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Working...
                              X