TWLD Hot or Not - Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Hot or Not - Week 5

What a shitty week except for one good game. I hate writing about shitty games so 5/6 will be pretty short.

Match of the Week - Quicksand 50 - Thunder 48

This was easily the best match of the season to date, although neither squad had their best lineup in with Quicksand playing Regen/Exalt instead of kid kaos, a2m, or Kyou and Thunder playing Obi instead of Ease or Reaver. Thunder was up big 31-18 and it looked like another case of Quicksand underperforming against other good squads, but after Exalt subbed in for Regen the pace quickly changed. Izor came back from 4-5 and Weak from 3-7 to finish with a pair of 13-10's, thanks partly to Yakuza dying out so early. Late in the game, it boiled down to a 2v2 with Izor and RaCka matching up against chuckle and Burnt with the score 46-46, with chuckle and Izor on 9. Chuckle lagged out early in the 2v2, leaving Burnt to run for his life which everyone knows he is more than capable of. Eventually chuckle got back in and took a shot that got Izor out from completely off radar. In the 1v2 that followed, chuckle caught RaCka being too aggressive at first, and then got him off-guard by actually taking a shot to make the score 48-46. That might have been the last shot taken by Thunder, as they reverted to season 12 semi-final mode, outright refusing to 2v1 duel RaCka. RaCka managed to get in the middle of Burnt and chuckle some 5 minutes later, and then laid down a vicious rush on chuckle, who didnt even try to shoot back. After seeing what happened to his teammate, Burnt wanted even less to do with RaCka and just tried running out the clock but was met by 3 dominating rushes to end the game.

dicE 50 - Shinobi 39

Shinobi, coming off two very close losses in a row to squads a lot better than Dice looked to rebound this week, but was halted very quickly by megaman89 and company, who are looking to potentially make the playoffs now that theyre past the hard part of their schedule. Rasaq, the near-hero last week for Shinobi came up well short of a repeat 19 kills and even had to be subbed. The game was never really close at any point past the 0-0 start. Dice has Fatal next week, so it will be interesting to see if they can carry their momentum into that game which can potentially shape the playoff picture later on for them.

Mad 50 - Fatal 32

I'm going to assume that this was Fatal's top line, and if thats the case they'll need to rebound well next week against dice because this was embarrassing. No one except Riverside did anything all game, and even some of his kills were strays or gifts from someone just suiciding to try and end the game sooner. Mad imposed their will for all 5 or 6 minutes of this debacle and continue to look strong this season by dominating all the opponents they have faced.

Rapid 50 - Warpath 40

When you have two people combine for a 1-10 chances are you're not going to come out with a win that week, as was the case today for warpath. The horrendous performance from Malign Paradigm and BlackMage spoiled Sir Spiders 17-10 and allowed Rapid to come out with another fairly easy victory. Warpath has had some people show that they're capable of good games, but just hasnt gotten them all to do it on the same day. Next week against Mad doesnt seem like it will draw out the best in them, either.

Sage 50 - Serenity 27

Whoa, where has Sage come from? They're dominating newbies week in and week out. Will be interesting to see them play some tougher competition. They already have a win against Shinobi and a blowout loss to Fatal, so we'll see. As for Serenity...you already got your win guys :/

Epidemic 50 - Wolf 38

Rasaq owes us all a pizza I think. He must be crazy to think that Wolf stood a chance against Epidemic even though they added money and SkiTTL. A respectable effort, but still Wolf was clearly overmatched

HOT player of the week - RaCka

12-8 isnt the best record to ever be featured on the Hot player column, but no one that watched him today would try to deny him of the honors. Down 2 1v2 and coming back for the win is good enough by itself, but the 3-0 1v1 duel against someone like Burnt is an exclamation point to the show RaCka put on for everyone. After his game I sat down with RaCka and interviewed him:

1:Izor> RaCka, what were you thinking when chuckle and Burnt were clearly in no mood to step up to the plate and fight you 1 vs 2 with a 2 kill advantage?
    1:RaCka> well it was obvious that these 2 newbies knew they were nowhere near my level as i proceeded to hunt chuckle like a wild lion, i knew usain burnt would run nonstop with full energy so i knew i had to get him out first
    1:Izor> Did you ever feel desperation kick in when it was 1v1 with Burnt?
    1:RaCka> even when i was playing them 2 vs 1 i felt like i had the advantage so when it was down to just burnt and myself i knew it was a done deal.. father son beat down all day
    1:Izor> Run us through that play again on chuckle...you were down 48-46 and knew you had to get someone out, but they were running away from you with no intentions of even being on the same screen. How did you get him to fall into your trap?
    1:RaCka> well i knew chuckle has a slight disadvantage because of his eyesight so i figured i would fake rush burnt and come down low and cutoff chuckle for the easy kill while burnt continues to run from me which is exactly what happened
    1:Izor> When you were up 49-48 and had the opportunity to return the favor of running, you didnt. What made you decide that you didnt want to take the easy win by clocking Thunder out?
    1:RaCka> i figured id rather end it in 1 minute instead of running for 10 minutes..
    1:Izor> All right, time to wrap this up. Next week you have a game vs Wolf and you are clearly favored to win. Are you perhaps worried about looking past them like you did in season 9 to basically the same players on Squad!!?
    1:RaCka> Not at all. Thinking about pulling out Quicksand's famous 4 vs 5 strategy vs. these scrubs
    1:Izor> Thank you for your time. Enjoy the rest of your day in the Trenches!

Honorable mention is Sir Spider (17-10)

NOT Player(s) of the week - BlackMage/Malign Paradigm (1-10)

50-40 and you guys combined for -9...what a choke. The one thing saving you here is that you're on Warpath and no one really expects that much from you to begin with. I'm sure if you ask Sir Spider, though, he'd be pretty disappointed in your output :/

A close runner-up is Rasaq with a 3-7 following his 19-10 from last week.
    Last edited by Izor; 10-25-2009, 09:34 PM.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Lol love the interview. Hahaha.
    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos View Post
      Lol love the interview. Hahaha.
      Word, I lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
        neither squad had their best lineup in with Quicksand playing Regen/Exalt instead of kid kaos, a2m, or Kyou but after Exalt subbed in for Regen the pace quickly changed.

Be honest with yourself and tell me a2m kyou or even (sorry bro, no offense) kk would have changed the game as drastically as me subbing in did.

stop hating on me izor you know whats up son
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I blame myself and wherever Iron Survivor has disappeared to.
          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Lolol exalt slammn me out of the blue. Yea exalt nobody else could have gone 4-4 like you did man. That was clutch congrats on winning the game for us!!!!
            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

lol 14-5 not even mentioned
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

you got 14 kills and your team won by 18. when have i ever given that honorable mention? If I start mentioning that I mention something from every game...usually those are reserved for > 15 or game changing performances. Man, soon I'm gonna be giving everyone on sage an honorable mention cause someone obviously did well to win 50-27
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

you're hot in my eyes, scoop :wub:
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

and i mean that in the most sexual way possible
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

no really

to use an old term that's apparently been abandoned

uNF
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

o.o my 17 kill performance got me namedropped

i am honored
                        GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Racka closed that game like a champ, gg
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

it's funny the quicksand thunder game was so close, considering thunder lacked reaver, raspi (maybe) and ease. i would probably have given the not to everyone on quicksand this week except racka, and thats not even having trashtalk intentions. I seriously expected a better game from you guys. in addition - since exalt is pretty predictable - fatal performed terribly this week too, well mostly me, I expected the game to be closer... but shit happens i guess. =P
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Pfft...no one wanted to bet. Was gonna give someone money via PayPal to get a pizza.
                              Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

Working...
                              X