• Show
Clear All

Jones, don't let me down.
    2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
    2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
    2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      in season 9 -f- didn't play a single twbd after the qualifications and won twlb, i support this theory, even if its really old
      Good point. The previous season, however, -F- won TWL-D, we were very active in twdd and practiced a ton. In my opinion, that was the difference in winning it.

I think you can make a good case for both scenerios.
      RaCka> how can i get you here
      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
        im speaking for myself here, but I can play 10 jds or bds that mean absolutly nothing to me and that dont help me at all to get in shape, then the next day I play 1 or 2 that are worth way more than those 10 games..in the end its like pasc said anyways, you are either good or your not :wub:
        Same thing here, except that I am a few levels below your skill. :wub:

Comment

most games these days are boring!
          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
          Your friend,
          ​​Papi
          ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by death row View Post
            Good point. The previous season, however, -F- won TWL-D, we were very active in twdd and practiced a ton. In my opinion, that was the difference in winning it.

I think you can make a good case for both scenerios.
            in my opinion it boils down to talent. while sika was clearly on a whole different level than the rest there was still a serious level of overall competition between the good squads. in lb however, it was much easier, i mean dice was split in two, pandora was bad and a lineup of sika, domi, windreaper, koan, cumu, everett are some of the best basers ever, they could throw in anyone and everyone knows guys like raspi, you, blood can turn into fierce spiders
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I believe its the combination of the two, talent and prac.

Mostly talent though, with prac you can iron out some mistakes and generally make teaming etc. smoother, but if ppl don't have the talent then nothing will save you.

In -f- we had the talent and practised too, I remember practising more than these days with drow and other ld players. True sika wasnt usually there, but it didn't seem to matter that much.

Although atleast in twld I dont think he was on a different level than the rest of us, he had talent and he was being aggressive, more than anyone else. For example he would usually die out earlier than rest in a match. Although he didnt go negative, without the rest of the team we still wouldn't have won.
              For example me and few others were pretty consistent during that season and sika was able to "count" on us finishing the job :fear:

Just go check the twld records (normal season&playoffs) if you don't believe me otherwise =)

In twlb I feel like a comeback is more possible than in twld, you have more time to get things together and you will only lose time, not lives while being "pushed back". In twld its usually pretty rare for a team to comeback from a bad start, for example something between -10 to -15 kills. In twlb you can be 10 mins behind and still win, if team gets everything working. Point is you aren't handicapped by anything for example at 0:00 - 10:00 point, you can pretty much play like normal at that point (maybe not if you're behind worse than that). In twld your playstyle and decisions will be restricted by the number of lives you and teammates have.

What applies to all leagues in my opinion is that a squad needs ppl with different roles, for example in twld you need ppl who can be aggressive and rush, but you also need ppl who can be defensive and who can resist being pushed or who are adept at killing ppl who try to rush them, perhaps even have an advantage in long-range fighting. Ppl who play midrange can support both of these types and adapt to different situations well. In twlb a spider, shark or terr all can play very differently from one another and a succesful squad needs ppl who can fill out different roles (for example a spider can be defensive aggressive or something in-between, same with terr and shark). In -f- we were lucky to have ppl who could fill out different roles.

Look at the good warbirds for example, the best ones are those who can adjust their styles and are not capable of doing one thing only, unless they're supergood with that. Same goes for squads.

Examples of good wbs:

delectable - good rusher, good mid-ranger and can hold his own long-range too. Solid all-around. Can't really find major weaknesses from him.

vys - imo he didn't team _that_ bad in the loss mad had against epidemic, sometimes you can be left alone on your own cause teammates just played bad and couldn't escape any rushes, didn't really hit their own rushes and generally played bad. Has unique style and is capable of rushing, playing mid and sniping too. Drawback perhaps occasional soloing, but like I said, the loss was more part to mad playing bad than vys' soloing. Guess rest of the season will show us more. Having played with him, in my opinion he can and does team.

Btw, I saw a lot of unnecessary deaths from some of mad pilots, if someone can't escape a rush or rushed badly on their own many times in a row, theres nothing a teammate can do to save them. Other than watch from the front-row seat. You should be able to trust your teammates enough so you don't have to always worry where they are or what they are doing or are they playing smart. I'm not saying mad is bad, I'm saying they played bad in that match.

ease - one of the best mid-rangers who can also rush and snipe, although I wouldn't say those are his best areas. Ease also has a good "eye" to adapt to different situations and is a good teamer, you will see him on the screen a lot, unless he gets picked off by a stray/long range shot :P

racka - has really accurate and "terrifying" rush and that is his main strenght. Racka has presence in the field and can make a lot of ppl shoot too early, too late or choose the wrong angles when trying to get away from him. The reason he nowadays is top 5 wb is that he has developed his mid-range a lot, and can snipe now too, although he doesn't do that much. In addition he doesn't always rush, but does so when he sees an opening. The best way to rush perhaps. In comparison, some ppl on quicksand don't have this ability to hold back and it shows at times.

On QS in general, they all play in a similar aggressive style and it works, they do have talent. Their problem though, is when their opponents are skilled enough to not be pushed around and/or smart enough not to scatter too much. Thats when the match usually slows down a bit and QS players have to adapt a bit. Some of them are capable of this, for example I've seen racka and izor to play mid-range/defensive/rush when the opportunity arises but not blindly - and do well - while few others perhaps aren't slowing down and keep getting killed again and again. Not sure which of them are/aren't capable of adapting their style during a match, havent seen all of their matches.

Other squads have different strenghts and weaknesses yada yada yada...-_-

Comment

Originally posted by raspi
                Just go check the twld records (normal season&playoffs) if you don't believe me otherwise =)
                I was referring to season 8 in ld and season 9 in lb. more than once did he get 10 kills before anyone else got more than 3 or 4.

i also think people are seriously overrating the rush these days or for some reason made some strange comparison to suiciding. well, kinda obvious. people also thought they were able to thrustshoot.
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Raspi View Post

Mostly talent though, with prac you can iron out some mistakes and generally make teaming etc. smoother, but if ppl don't have the talent then nothing will save you.

In -f- we had the talent and practised too, I remember practising more than these days with drow and other ld players. True sika wasnt usually there, but it didn't seem to matter that much.

Although atleast in twld I dont think he was on a different level than the rest of us, he had talent and he was being aggressive, more than anyone else. For example he would usually die out earlier than rest in a match. Although he didnt go negative, without the rest of the team we still wouldn't have won.
                  For example me and few others were pretty consistent during that season and sika was able to "count" on us finishing the job :fear:

In twlb I feel like a comeback is more possible than in twld, you have more time to get things together and you will only lose time, not lives while being "pushed back". In twld its usually pretty rare for a team to comeback from a bad start, for example something between -10 to -15 kills. In twlb you can be 10 mins behind and still win, if team gets everything working. Point is you aren't handicapped by anything for example at 0:00 - 10:00 point, you can pretty much play like normal at that point (maybe not if you're behind worse than that). In twld your playstyle and decisions will be restricted by the number of lives you and teammates have.

What applies to all leagues in my opinion is that a squad needs ppl with different roles, for example in twld you need ppl who can be aggressive and rush, but you also need ppl who can be defensive and who can resist being pushed or who are adept at killing ppl who try to rush them, perhaps even have an advantage in long-range fighting. Ppl who play midrange can support both of these types and adapt to different situations well. In twlb a spider, shark or terr all can play very differently from one another and a succesful squad needs ppl who can fill out different roles (for example a spider can be defensive aggressive or something in-between, same with terr and shark). In -f- we were lucky to have ppl who could fill out different roles.

Look at the good warbirds for example, the best ones are those who can adjust their styles and are not capable of doing one thing only, unless they're supergood with that. Same goes for squads.

Examples of good wbs:

delectable - good rusher, good mid-ranger and can hold his own long-range too. Solid all-around. Can't really find major weaknesses from him.

vys - imo he didn't team _that_ bad in the loss mad had against epidemic, sometimes you can be left alone on your own cause teammates just played bad and couldn't escape any rushes, didn't really hit their own rushes and generally played bad. Has unique style and is capable of rushing, playing mid and sniping too. Drawback perhaps occasional soloing, but like I said, the loss was more part to mad playing bad than vys' soloing. Guess rest of the season will show us more. Having played with him, in my opinion he can and does team.

Btw, I saw a lot of unnecessary deaths from some of mad pilots, if someone can't escape a rush or rushed badly on their own many times in a row, theres nothing a teammate can do to save them. Other than watch from the front-row seat. You should be able to trust your teammates enough so you don't have to always worry where they are or what they are doing or are they playing smart. I'm not saying mad is bad, I'm saying they played bad in that match.

ease - one of the best mid-rangers who can also rush and snipe, although I wouldn't say those are his best areas. Ease also has a good "eye" to adapt to different situations and is a good teamer, you will see him on the screen a lot, unless he gets picked off by a stray/long range shot :P

racka - has really accurate and "terrifying" rush and that is his main strenght. Racka has presence in the field and can make a lot of ppl shoot too early, too late or choose the wrong angles when trying to get away from him. The reason he nowadays is top 5 wb is that he has developed his mid-range a lot, and can snipe now too, although he doesn't do that much. In addition he doesn't always rush, but does so when he sees an opening. The best way to rush perhaps. In comparison, some ppl on quicksand don't have this ability to hold back and it shows at times.

On QS in general, they all play in a similar aggressive style and it works, they do have talent. Their problem though, is when their opponents are skilled enough to not be pushed around and/or smart enough not to scatter too much. Thats when the match usually slows down a bit and QS players have to adapt a bit. Some of them are capable of this, for example I've seen racka and izor to play mid-range/defensive/rush when the opportunity arises but not blindly - and do well - while few others perhaps aren't slowing down and keep getting killed again and again. Not sure which of them are/aren't capable of adapting their style during a match, havent seen all of their matches.

Nice post, Raspi. A great example was probably in round 3 versus Venom, in TWLD semi-finals. It was a pretty tight game, then Sika died out something like 7-10. I put my head down because I thought the game was over. But the other guys picked up the slack. Years past, that didn't happen. But you're right, he was never afraid of being aggressive. In fact, there were time where I would be in shock what he would try to do. As you remember, he would want us to chase someone on 9, hiding behind 4 players, while you were by yourself--then call us pussies if we didn't lol.

We would be like, uhm, playing that way we'll be on "9" ourselves in 10 seconds =P
                  death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

LOLOL raspi went all out

Comment

Originally posted by death row View Post
                      Nice post, Raspi. A great example was probably in round 3 versus Venom, in TWLD semi-finals. It was a pretty tight game, then Sika died out something like 7-10. I put my head down because I thought the game was over. But the other guys picked up the slack. Years past, that didn't happen. But you're right, he was never afraid of being aggressive. In fact, there were time where I would be in shock what he would try to do. As you remember, he would want us to chase someone on 9, hiding behind 4 players, while you were by yourself--then call us pussies if we didn't lol.

We would be like, uhm, playing that way we'll be on "9" ourselves in 10 seconds =P
                      who was on Venom?
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        I was referring to season 8 in ld and season 9 in lb. more than once did he get 10 kills before anyone else got more than 3 or 4.

i also think people are seriously overrating the rush these days or for some reason made some strange comparison to suiciding. well, kinda obvious. people also thought they were able to thrustshoot.
                        He did get fast kills, but he also died out first more than anyone else. Imo getting fast kills isn't so great if you're also going to rack up those deaths fast. Depends on the situation.

Rushing is a good addition to any wb imo, but a good wb is more versatile than just rely on it.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                          your history page no longer exists because geocities no longer exists
                          nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Raspi View Post

Examples of good wbs:

Good post Raspi. The best players/captains have long known this, but we let other people who think that a one-strategy team is good do their thing and laugh when we beat them (and then they whine that you didn't play their way).
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              who was on Venom?
                              Syndicate disbanded for awhile and code made Venom wich was like a cross of Synd / Rampage players.
                              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                                who was on Venom?

deez, escalate, foxy, few other good wb's at the time. very talented.

Comment

Working...
                                X