Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PH View Post
    paulo please weigh in on riske's question
    It's a good question, it's a good reason not to play in a dumb league with dumber players.

Bot can't check the roster and neither can Mega. It's a battle of retards.

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
      EDIT: I actually remember a similar appeal, I think Exalt played a match when he wasn't ineligible and went 0-5. He played half the game and the appeal was easily shot down because it was decided that having an impact meant getting a kill. Based on precedence this appeal should have been outright denied, especially since merce supposedly specced immediately and didn't even play.
      That was a great year. I think I started on Rape, and played thunder week 1 and went 11-10, and then I join dynasty. There was a two week delay though, so I played... and you guys bitched after I went 0-5. We still won, but I do think it was a legitimate appeal at the time... although obviously I didn't WANT you to win back then. You did have a point though.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
        It's a good question, it's a good reason not to play in a dumb league with dumber players.

Bot can't check the roster and neither can Mega. It's a battle of retards.
        so am i correct in assuming that you're saying bomb on wb is just as acceptable as rep on wb?
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
          if i was staff....

a) deny the appeal

b) force Cape to sit out next week for being an idiot
          Originally posted by Dabram View Post
          Summa just do this, it's the only thing that makes sense.
          +1, and also i agree with zeebu and i think eph (?)....the rules need to either be respected and enforced 100 percent or they shouldnt exist at all because it only leads to more problems and people finding loop holes to gain advantage (refering to other instances in the past *cough* delectable)...like this bitch move trauma made, like seriously you guys came from eg...received help from other basing vets....got destroyed in a match and you do this instead of taking the deserved loss? lost respect 4 you fuks
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

You can pin the blame on whomever the fuck you want for this, but in reality, Dice finished the game down a man with the numbers advantage belonging to Trauma+. The player in question had zero impact on the game itself (speaking in terms of kills and deaths !), and after speccing, Trauma gained a numbers advantage that they failed to capitalize on whatsoever. The guy stayed in long enough to not kill anyone, not die to anyone, and gain 2 flag possession bonuses worth of points. Is this really even a game changer at all? I say no. In fact, the idea of an appeal here is such a ridiculous notion that I feel I must counter it with an equally ridiculous notion.

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed TWL Ops, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Cres: fuk he usin chewbacca defense

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a TWLB squad, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must deny this appeal! The defense rests.
            GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

I do not understand the argument about whether or not it had an impact on the game. It makes no sense to me since this isn’t mentioned in the rules at all. And if this is a criteria that is to be used, then consider all the rest of the rules.
              Section 5.02, for example, covers cheating and lag inducing. So if I get one of my engineers to develop a packet tweaker, but only use it to cheat for only 45 seconds in the spawn area only and it doesn’t affect the game. That’s ok? Shit, just take any rule in published and put it through the ‘it doesn’t affect the game’ filter. None of them will hold up.

Anyone with an IQ over 75 can easily come up with exceptions to rules. A line HAS to be drawn somewhere with rules. If you do not consider rules as black and white, but rather a grey area, then apply it across the board. “The new rule for the hard lock isn’t 11:59PM on 10/18, if an exception occurs and a player tries to join a squad a few minutes after 11:59PM, that’s ok”.

My opinion remains the same (including every time this kind of crap happened in previous years), opening the door for exceptions is a very slippery slope.
              eph

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                so am i correct in assuming that you're saying bomb on wb is just as acceptable as rep on wb?
                that is exactly what i am getting at

Comment

Pauloakenfold this should interest you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyx9o...layer_embedded

some quick notes : the match was recorded by FF. im gonna mention this again but not only Blahhy didnt know he could appeal, I havent seen one post by a Trauma member besides the 3 original twers that are on the forums for quite some time, you guys are not exactly Trauma's core. This only shows its to cause "drama" instead of a "real" appeal. That and only fuels those with bias towards dice to help Trauma's case or the ones who wanted Trauma to appeal on spec chat.

Ephemeral your making it sound like this exceptions happened alot of times, when imo (and probably of many others) its been the other way around for quite some time, enforcing rules, because they just have too, instead of having common sense on things that are fair and clearly deserve it, not the fishy ones. I think its established the sub had no advantage to us..but how do you expect people not to bring it up? This "case" is just not serious at all, so dont expect people not to laugh off this appeal. Although Ease's example of Exalt, goes against what im saying..maybe your right then? But then, why did a TWL op used common sense on Exalt's case that wasnt important at all and denied it, and this one that is even less important is being "debated" ? Im sure you agree there are way more important things to enforce rules than on a trivial thing like this. If this goes through there's only 2 possible reasons. Either personal bias or the continuation of the 50's West Germany environment. :wub:
                  Last edited by Stayon; 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM.
                  Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                  Your friend,
                  ​​Papi
                  ​​​​​

Comment

right about now i wish blahhy. was apt, because this thread would be so different and far, far more enjoyable

regardless, i stand by my original post

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                    though fyi this game is our best game in terms of flag time, which is probably punishment enough
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                      Pauloakenfold this should interest you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyx9o...layer_embedded

some quick notes : the match was recorded by FF. im gonna mention this again but not only Blahhy didnt know he could appeal, I havent seen one post by a Trauma member besides the 3 original twers that are on the forums for quite some time, you guys are not exactly Trauma's core. This only shows its to cause "drama" instead of a "real" appeal. That and only fuels those with bias towards dice to help Trauma's case or the ones who wanted Trauma to appeal on spec chat.

Ephemeral your making it sound like this exceptions happened alot of times, when imo (and probably of many others) its been the other way around for quite some time, enforcing rules, because they just have too, instead of having common sense on things that are fair and clearly deserve it, not the fishy ones. I think its established the sub had no advantage to us..but how do you expect people not to bring it up? This "case" is just not serious at all, so dont expect people not to laugh off this appeal. Although Ease's example of Exalt, goes against what im saying..maybe your right then? But then, why did a TWL op used common sense on Exalt's case that wasnt important at all and denied it, and this one that is even less important is being "debated" ? Im sure you agree there are way more important things to enforce rules than on a trivial thing like this. If this goes through there's only 2 possible reasons. Either personal bias or the continuation of the 50's West Germany environment. :wub:
                      Agreed.
                      I was expecting people to bring it up, I was just saying that I don't understand the logic. As far as frequency of exceptions? IMO, they occur every week in this league. For years rule 9.02 (An additional 2 minutes may be requested if a squad is experiencing difficulty gathering the maximum amount of eligible players. If they have the maximum amount of eligible players, squads may not request an additional 2 minutes in order to figure out whom to add.) has been ignored by players and the league staff. I have often asked about this in the past and told that it is simply not enforced.

The only thing I was hoping to get people to think about:
                      - squads think twice before asking for a appeal
                      - players/staff give serious thought BEFORE league starts to rules and how they should be improved
                      - players understand that once they commit to playing under the rules that they should man up if they break them

Sure we can flame this squad, it is true that many are EG players and didn’t know better. Or we can lean on a 4-time championship squad, all of whom own the rest of us, and ask that they cut some slack for the newest squad in the league. I ask you, what is better for the league and TW?
                      eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                        Sure we can flame this squad, it is true that many are EG players and didn’t know better. Or we can lean on a 4-time championship squad, all of whom own the rest of us, and ask that they cut some slack for the newest squad in the league. I ask you, what is better for the league and TW?
                        eph
                        I guess playing 7v8 isn't cutting enough slack. Also watch the video, merce was in the game for less than 3 seconds and didn't even fire a bomb. I'll tell you what is best for the league, and for your squad. That you guys take your 15-11 loss like men and pray to God that you don't have to rematch us if that is what the decision comes down to, because you will get no more than 1 minute of total flag time. I will make my squad set up a cram in the spawn area and hold you guys there and hopefully make the people on your squad realize how bad they are and that them trying to fuck over a 4x LB championship squad was the worst idea ever. Then maybe they will dissolve and we will have 1 less squad for TWLB.
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

I'm surprised no one has trolled this terrible attempt at getting a free win already.

lol at traumua+
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                            I'll tell you what is best for the league, and for your squad. That you guys take your 15-11 loss like men and pray to God that you don't have to rematch us if that is what the decision comes down to, because you will get no more than 1 minute of total flag time. I will make my squad set up a cram in the spawn area and hold you guys there and hopefully make the people on your squad realize how bad they are and that them trying to fuck over a 4x LB championship squad was the worst idea ever. Then maybe they will dissolve and we will have 1 less squad for TWLB.
                            thread won, everybody stop posting, read this, go home
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                              I guess playing 7v8 isn't cutting enough slack. Also watch the video, merce was in the game for less than 3 seconds and didn't even fire a bomb. I'll tell you what is best for the league, and for your squad. That you guys take your 15-11 loss like men and pray to God that you don't have to rematch us if that is what the decision comes down to, because you will get no more than 1 minute of total flag time. I will make my squad set up a cram in the spawn area and hold you guys there and hopefully make the people on your squad realize how bad they are and that them trying to fuck over a 4x LB championship squad was the worst idea ever. Then maybe they will dissolve and we will have 1 less squad for TWLB.
                              Trauma, I hope you guys dont give me a reason to quit Halo Reach and spend my time on this game. Thx
                              FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                              #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                                I don't know what's funnier, a chopped version of one of the worst djs in the world, or a real one from another of the worst djs in the world.

Trance has been horrible for over a decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X