Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since were granting appeals that shouldnt be granted lets go back to preseason and replay some of those games too where unrostered players played, laff

Comment

• Originally posted by Weak View Post
      So since the appeal has been granted, is the game going to be this weekend, or pushed back to next weekend? and Stayon if you miss any more lb games, gonna hunt u down irl, I was promised a lb ring and you, a2m, and mega better get me one. :>
      ????
      NO CRIPPLE?
      fuk u
      FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Efhat View Post
        ????
        NO CRIPPLE?
        fuk u
        you never promised me anything besides herpes and aids! :[
        plus not sure if your mentally in the right mind to win me lb, you go as your miami heat go! hehe
        help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
        help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

you never promised me anything besides herpes and aids! :[
          plus not sure if your mentally in the right mind to win me lb, you go as your miami heat go! hehe
          -____-

meg <3
          FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
          #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

• <3! and afterall crip, I showed up how to make the pacman face on facebook chat! LOL
            help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
            help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

<3! and afterall crip, I showed up how to make the pacman face on facebook chat! LOL
              (^^^)

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE

Comment

• I agree with this decision since it is consistent with previous seasons of ignoring the rules.
                But seriously, either get rid of the rules or fix them so they become meaningful. For example, when was last time anyone saw the rule about not granting additional time before the game starts actually followed? Surely most would agree that the way the rules are written cause teeny girl drama each season. The rules are, IMO, sometimes vague and at other times are very specific. Make them consistent, either highly detailed with little room for misinterpretation or intentionally less detailed and let refs make the calls as they see them. I also disagree with the inclusion of the punishment in the rules. Last year we suggested breaking them up into ‘major’ and ‘minor’ infractions instead of trying to define the exact punishment for each indiscretion. This would seem to provide the flexibility needed to handle specific situations instead of putting stuff down in writing and then constantly having drama/whining and looking like the rules aren’t followed.
                eph

Comment

• I agree with you eph, the importance of well written and defined rules are important, but just as important is the common sense that goes with them. I don't know who's running TWL these days but one of the things I really enjoyed with PH running was that common sense and reasoning were just as important as the rules. Apparently there is some rule that says no 'flag jupes' are replayed but someone with some reasoning overruled and now this game is going to be replayed, as it should. That is of course assuming the actual jupe times really happened. I wish I could be there to see the replay, it'll be interesting to see if dice plays with the same lineup or not
                  1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                  3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                  3:Best> see it coming
                  3:Best> sad

Comment

• they won't play with the same line up but they should have been made to, no one from dice would object since they just won the appeal and it would fall into the common sense category. By the way ephemeral and Spastic, I believe this ruling is consistent with the rules as they stand now:

If a squad feels that such factors as game referee decisions, staff involvement, server or router error, cheating, or other instances have affected the outcome and fairness of a game, that squad has the right to appeal to the League Operator. It is up to the squad to ensure that as much information as possible is included in the appeal for the League Operators to make a fair decision.

No games will be replayed as a result of a 'Flag Jupe' in TWLB games. A 'Flag Jupe' is when the flag appears to change to a different team, but the bot does not recognize it. This happens when a shark places a mine on the flag and a member of the other team tries to go through the mine to get the flag. It will appear that the new team has the flag, but the other team still gets credit. Do not ram mines; rep them and this will not happen.

As you can see, 7.03 does not come into play, as it clearly defines what a jupe is by describing the mine being rammed on the flag. That did not happen, so this is not typical "jupe." This falls in 7.01, which reads, "If a squad feels that such factors as game referee decisions, staff involvement, server or router error, cheating, or other instances have affected the outcome and fairness of a game." This is one of the "other instances" and is up the the referee and ops to decide if it is worth granting an appeal. Good decision, and a good idea to take your time considering the egos I mean skillful players involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by M_M God View Post
                      First of all, sorry for the delay on the official reply to the appeal made by Dice, about their TWLB game vs. Spastic. This was due to the fact that our head TWL Op (flared) could not be involved in this matter, since it was his squad who made the appeal in the first place. Therefor the other TWL Ops and the host of that particular game had to made a decision on this appeal, based on their best judgement and what they might have witnessed watching this game. We as TWL Ops concluded that the time amount and number of times the flag juped for Dice was unfair and could have changed the outcome of the game, particularly since it was a close game in the end (10:39 for Dice, 15:00 for Spastic). These flagjupes weren't caused by players dying on the flag nor by ramming enemy shark bombs. The time that Spastic lost because of flag jupes was significantly less than the time amount Dice lost in the end, and therefor we have decided to grant Dice the appeal.

In coordination with Flared, Dice and Spastic's captains may either come to an agreement to replay this match the upcoming weekend, or they can decide to replay it in the official replay week, after the last regular season matches have been played.
                      I am sorry, but you are wrong.

Within this post, you still refer to what occurred as a jupe. If you want to tell me it is an error in arena settings then by all means I will let you have it. But it explicitly states in the rules that you cannot appeal on the grounds of a jupe. This appeal doesn't even exist in that sense. So explain it to me in a different way, because what I am hearing is "we don't follow the rules, we dance to our own drum beat".

I await your explanation on how something that is explicitly stated as "cannot be appealed" not only counted as an appeal, but then got granted.
                      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                      Originally posted by kthx
                      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

"...This happens when a shark places a mine on the flag and a member of the other team tries to go through the mine to get the flag. It will appear that the new team has the flag, but the other team still gets credit. Do not ram mines; rep them and this will not happen."

rules, like laws, include definitions of terms to help interpret them. this defines jupe as a rammed mine, that didn't happen, ergo, this is not a jupe as we know it. it is different, there is no rule about it, so go to 7.01. try real hard to put yourself in dice's shoes, work on your empathy and this decision will make sense. though it does no affect me, I am happy about it. I do not want teams winning, and especially beating me, because the flag will not change even though we did not ram a mine on it. I sort of like having control over the course of events and not winning or losing because of outside influences.

Comment

• MM God, what do you do in real life? You have no common sense... How can Dice even argue? They were up 4-0 and every dice player says they were down 0-4 I dont get anything.

Comment

• Summa is right..

follow your own rules (7.03) and fix this crap..
                            SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                            SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                            Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                            Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                            1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                            1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

• I know there is no justice in this world, but losers creating no justice in this little game? Honestly everyone needs to grow up and stop whining about losses.

Comment

• Perhaps he is just misusing his terms. I don't know. Also, that is a quite limited definition of jupe. Jupes can occur simply from dying while touching the flag and then phase touching it as well. But that is irrelevant. The first sentence says "Games will not be replayed due to jupes." And in his post he referred to the issue as a jupe. Therein lies my question.
                                TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                                TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                                Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                                - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                                Originally posted by kthx
                                Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X