No announcement yet.

Appeal: Sage vs. Dice (TWLJ Week 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuk you hms he did NOTHING wrong...staff abuse like fukin crazy wow. im pissed
    sigpic
    [DUEL] BAT has defeated TABARNAK!!! 5-4 in duel for $35000.
    [DUEL] BAT has defeated Gripe 5-0 in duel for $2000.
    [DUEL] BAT has defeated H.M.S. Stargazer 5-1 in duel for $5000.
    [DUEL] BAT has defeated Johnie <ER> 5-4 in duel for $6000.

[DUEL] R4g3Joe has defeated Bat 5-2 in duel for $2000.
    [DUEL] Bat has defeated R4g3Joe 5-2 in duel for $12000.
    TW-Pub1> You have defeated BLAZTRMAZTR 5-4 in duel for $1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
      A little bit more involved with that, since anyone would have to have waited until i was online. I was made aware on monday, so less then 24hours. As the_paul stated, this is hardly a normal appeal, anything but, and with a ban involved it takes time to do the background work to get reasons for bans etc. As for the ban itself, since a silence should not have been issued, it mutes the point of evasion. Staff have strict guidelines to follow, and 99% of the time (which includes hms) it is done correctly and its rare that i need to lift a ban, or suspend someones banning ability etc.
      The rule has nothing to do with things beyond TWL, it is meant to restrict the time an appeal is allowed to be filed. Once filed, discovery is allowed to take whatever time is needed.

Note: My only beef is the crappy state the rules are in, making things hard for players AND staff to deal with this kind of stuff. Evidence that the current rules suck; over and over staff is faced with making common sense decisions that stand in complete opposition to the published rules. This has had many bad ‘side effect’ including undermining the rules themselves and making life miserable for the people who are dedicating a substantial chunk of their free time to this community.
      eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
        The rule has nothing to do with things beyond TWL, it is meant to restrict the time an appeal is allowed to be filed. Once filed, discovery is allowed to take whatever time is needed.

Note: My only beef is the crappy state the rules are in, making things hard for players AND staff to deal with this kind of stuff. Evidence that the current rules suck; over and over staff is faced with making common sense decisions that stand in complete opposition to the published rules. This has had many bad ‘side effect’ including undermining the rules themselves and making life miserable for the people who are dedicating a substantial chunk of their free time to this community.
        eph
        ok thats it eph, as you now have remarked upon this multiple times in multiple seasons, I officially nominate you to go over the rules and make them perfect. I'm so serious.

oh and BTW

this is officially going down as the "but I didn't receive a warning for saying dingledoink!" appeal
        Last edited by PH; 07-06-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
          Go ahead and try some retarded hillbilly bullshit and use this as precedence for your appeal. I already warned you guys not to, so go right ahead. I will love to deny an appeal when I don't like them in the first place. It will make my day
          absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

If the ban don't fit, you must acquit.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
              ok thats it eph, as you now have remarked upon this multiple times in multiple seasons, I officially nominate you to go over the rules and make them perfect. I'm so serious.

oh and BTW

this is officially going down as the "I but I didn't receive a warning for saying dingledoink!" appeal
              I rewrote the rules two weeks ago and gave them to staff for review. I am not aware what, if any, actions have been taken towards them.
              eph

Edit, they were revised in a way the makes the rules firm, but splits out, defines, and allows the common sense part to be applied for the 'punishment' of breaking of the rules. I attempted to keave the core rules alone as much as possible. I have not shared them with anyone b/c i wanted to give staff a chance to consider them.
              Last edited by PH; 07-06-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I rewrote the rules two weeks ago and gave them to staff for review. I am not aware what, if any, actions have been taken towards them.
                eph

Edit, they were revised in a way the makes the rules firm, but splits out, defines, and allows the common sense part to be applied for the 'punishment' of breaking of the rules. I attempted to keave the core rules alone as much as possible. I have not shared them with anyone b/c i wanted to give staff a chance to consider them.
                nothing i guess, since i deal with all the rules in TW, and have heard nothing about it as yet. Feel free to message me in game though, if you have any useful suggestions. As it stands i have already passed one big rule change which im getting staff used to at the moment before i make it public.

Comment

Stay tuned for this week. If my squad is losing TWLJ, am going to spam the host with n-bomb til I am banned, then complain that my team unfairly had to play the rest of LJ 5v4. Expecting granted appeal.
                  Fludd:
                  TWLB Champion Season - 9
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 10
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 11
                  TWLD Champion Season - 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 12
                  TWLD Champion Season - 13
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 13
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 14
                  TWEL-J Champion Season - 4

Comment

The re-write is here

Note: This revision is intended to demostrate only one approach for improvement. It is not meant to be all-inclusive and/or revisit each and every rule. I classify and split out the types of punishments and then reference them in the rules. Ideally more time would be spent on the punishments classifications and adding flexability in this section. This transformation allows rules to be enforced without exceptions, if you break a rule you are guilty. Period. The flexability for handling exceptions and application of common sense can be added at the punishment level only, leaving the core rules as firm and unyielding. Note: if folks think there is value to this approach, I am certainly willing to invest more time.
                    eph

Comment

(zidane)>he silences me for an hour
                      (zidane)>then im pissed he silences me after already warning me even tho i didnt say anything else
                      (zidane)>so i logged on diff name to talk to him
                      (zidane)>and banned

If you get silenced you can NOT talk on a diff name. wtf staff.

Comment

Originally posted by maketso View Post
                        (zidane)>he silences me for an hour
                        (zidane)>then im pissed he silences me after already warning me even tho i didnt say anything else
                        (zidane)>so i logged on diff name to talk to him
                        (zidane)>and banned
                        so he got silenced, warned, and eventually banned after evading...sounds appeal worthy to me

Comment

The re-write is here

Note: This revision is intended to demostrate only one approach for improvement. It is not meant to be all-inclusive and/or revisit each and every rule. I classify and split out the types of punishments and then reference them in the rules. Ideally more time would be spent on the punishments classifications and adding flexability in this section. This transformation allows rules to be enforced without exceptions, if you break a rule you are guilty. Period. The flexability for handling exceptions and application of common sense can be added at the punishment level only, leaving the core rules as firm and unyielding. Note: if folks think there is value to this approach, I am certainly willing to invest more time.
                          eph
                          oh you meant twl rules, thought you meant zone rules.

maketso, one kinda big point you missed about that evasion was: he should not of been silenced in first place. He was racist, he was warned. Should have been case closed right there.

The rest as they say, is history.

Comment

I suggest every squad appeal every game from here on out, hopefully we can somehow pull something out of our hats and get lucky eh? worked for sage, but I remember last year, i said the n word in public chat, got warned, and i logged off, I come back on a different name and got banned... my ban was for fucking 2 weeks, and I had no previous warning, so I'm not sure how guidelines are followed, Fuck tw, im quitting game, then coming back and sayin i was hacked, and then I will demand to be put on twl roster, and then not show up for a ld, and then appeal and say we were missing players. This all better be appealed or I will throw curry in your eyes and then take a poo and make you eat it. - pz out big foigs
                            help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                            help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

For the record I did pass the rules on to the TWL op team, I doubt anything will be considered till after this season
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

demonic showing why no woman should have any power at all, in ss or in life
                                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                                1:waven> is if im going to prison
                                1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Working...
                                X