TWL Playoffs Structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Playoffs Structure

The top 6 teams in each 3 leagues will qualify for the playoffs. Since it seems we will be having a replay week, the first round of playoffs will be on July 31st. Semi-finals will be on August 7th, and the finals will be on August 14th.

The playoff structure will be the same for all three leagues: The 1 and 2 seeds will receive a bye for the first week of playoffs. The first playoff matches will consist of a match between the 3 and 6 seeds as well as a match between the 4 and 5 seeds. For the semi-finals, the 1 seed will play the lower seeded of the first-round winners, and the 2 seed will play the higher seed. The winners of these two games will then go on the play each other the finals.

All of the TWLD and TWLJ playoff games, including the finals, will be best of 3 rounds. TWLB playoff games will be best of 1, time race to 15 minutes, and the finals will be best of 3, time race to 15 minutes. From what I understand, TWLB games to 20 minutes didn't work last year so that's the reason the games will be 15 minutes instead of 20, however if we are able to set up the bots to work for 20 minute games, TWLB playoffs/finals will all be 20 minute games. Any questions let me or another TWL op know. gl to all teams
    Last edited by fLaReD; 07-07-2011, 03:30 AM.
    Gun remembers.

WingZero got the bots working, so TWLB playoff/finals will be 20 minute games, thanks WZ!
    Gun remembers.

Comment

nice, 20 mins

Comment

6 team playoffs r gay

Comment

ur gay

Comment

So.. 6/10 squads are going to make it to the playoffs after 9 weeks of deciding which squads suck and which squads don't suck.. it should honestly just skip straight to the semi finals, top 4 squads.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              So.. 6/10 squads are going to make it to the playoffs after 9 weeks of deciding which squads suck and which squads don't suck.. it should honestly just skip straight to the semi finals, top 4 squads.
              upsets have happened before
              zidane> big play
              Omega Red> dwop sick
              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Not to mention 4 squads are tied for the 4th spot.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                  Not to mention 4 squads are tied for the 4th spot.
                  record wise thats true, but Paladen losing on Sunday made that whole mess a lot easier to sort out.
                  GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by hypocrit View Post
                    ur gay
                    no, u r

Comment

I could be wrong but, haven't the semi-final LB games been one round to 20 minutes? Then...

the final LB game would be 3 rounds, each to 15 minutes?

Shouldn't this be how it's done?
                      2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
                      Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
                      Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
                      Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
                      1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

veloce reread the flared post again
                        TWLB Season 12 & 14 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by fLaReD View Post
                          Since it seems we will be having a replay week
                          Imo the replays should be done on Saturday...and on Sunday the regular twl.

Comment

Ya should try to get both of dice's makeup games done when both teams agree to it counting, instead of week 10. Lets keep it movin no body wants to sit around on that sunday watching more than likely meaningless games. Get the games played. Srs

Comment

I never really understood why do we change the format come playoffs, i mean the seeding/teams are chosen by playing 1 round (ld/lj). I think it would be alot more intense and pressure for players if it was only 1 round, this is also why u rarely see upsets in LD/LJ in the 1st rounds. Maybe the finals best of 3 is understandable, but i think 1st rounds should stay 1 and done... We dont need to let the stronger seeds have a 2nd and 3rd chance, they already get advantage of playing the lower seeds.

As for LB its not really a change between the reg season and playoffs, adding 5 mins usually dont change much, plus its still 1 game to be played. I think best of 3 for Finals isnt really a bad thing, but it also changes the structure alot compared to the reg season. I just think 3 rounds gives squads a chance to change lineups after they already lost.. a longer 1 round would force captains to sub and make changes durin the game which is more closely related to the regular season/TWD.
                              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                              X