TWL & TWD Maps Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be pretty nice to actually be able to use the corners in jd's

anyone who says "can use corners if not 2ez n00b" can lick my balls because you can't honestly say that sliding along that diagonal tube in the jd map is all that useful very often
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I can see what you mean on DD and BD maps being more alike to LD and LB (though a long-time baser/wb could probably point out clear differences). I don't think you should just assume it doesn't and move on. Even if the map differences seem minimal to you, having unified maps makes sense. The main difference I see is with the LJ/JD map. LJ map designed with far more open space, and made for 5 vs 5 gaming - dueling, bulleting and the way squads play on it are clearly different. JD map tighter less space, crowded in 5 vs 5 play. Would make sense for squads to be able to practice on a map which is very alike to the one they are going to play TWL on. Why practice all the time on a map which is clearly different?

I don't think performance is the issue at all. Players will own, team, suck etc no matter what map they play on. Lots of reasons to change up all the maps to make them unified, I think when the majority of TW population would like to see it that should be reason enough. Players I have talked to have mentioned this being a common request that has been out there for years, which has been ignored. Players should be able to practice on the maps they are going to play on in TWL on a regular basis, instead of playing on the map once a week (for 30-50minutes), a few months a year. What do u have to lose by trying it out Flared?
      Last edited by Rule; 11-22-2011, 03:43 AM.

Comment

i guess what i mean to say is that the twl maps wont be changed to match the twd maps, at least not for twlj. the jd map is a bit more crowded and better suited for 4v4 (which is how jd is usually played) and the lj map has more open space, makling it better suited for 5v5, as twl is meant to be played. i thought you were asking for the twl maps to be changed to the twd maps. but are you asking for vice versa? if thats the case it would be up to demonic to make the decision for twd
        Gun remembers.

Comment

Flared, I believe the request is to change the TWD maps to be exactly like the TWL maps (minus the list of past winners of course!).

Once upon a time, TWD was very different from TWL. Remember when there were greens in the TWD-L? And then the TWD ops finally agreed that it was not productive to have greens in TWD-L which was a major change to making it more fair. To have the same maps up has been a wish of mine since the beginning, so I hope it's done.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

it's not flareds call per se, it's up to demonic and disown to make this happen. i personally have loved this idea for several years now and have wondered why it hasn't happened as of now, but i guess staff is just slow at making things happen.

i guess i could be part of the blame, haven't personally tried to make this happen despite being a twd operator for such a long ass time now. i'll talk with disown when i see him (rarely see demonic anyways) and see what he thinks, unless he sees this before i get to have a chat with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              it would be pretty nice to actually be able to use the corners in jd's

anyone who says "can use corners if not 2ez n00b" can lick my balls because you can't honestly say that sliding along that diagonal tube in the jd map is all that useful very often
              You're a great jav, thanks for your input
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
              1:waven> is if im going to prison
              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Way to go mega, I'm sure another flaming session will help us all bond and make friendships that last forever.
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

i'm not gonna flame back. guy can't help himself, that's all.

i've been managing to catch demonic online lately (which is odd), so i'll try to run this by her. she probably isn't aware of this thread.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

twbd map in twlb would be nice, am all for it.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

I hate the idea of changing all TWJD arenas to match TWLJ arenas. If you make TWJD4 match an LJ arena, I don't see a big deal in that. So players have the options. But don't force a change like this on us.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
                      Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
                        I hate the idea of changing all TWJD arenas to match TWLJ arenas. If you make TWJD4 match an LJ arena, I don't see a big deal in that. So players have the options. But don't force a change like this on us.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
                        Force a change on you? Your the staff that has the power to implement it or stop it. When the majority of players want it, no one is being forced into it. It seems more like staff ignoring what the players want. Should the minority vote always control and do the opposite of what the majority want? This is far from a new request. What do u have to lose from trying something different?

- Rule

Comment

probably ego.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

having arenas like twbd4, twdd4, twjd4 being the twl maps makes more sense, so like 24 said, players have the option
                            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

You can make them the same design but don't use the TWL tileset for them. Takes the special out of the TWL maps :<
                              1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                              Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                              1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                              1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                              beam> stfu tsunami
                              Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                              beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                              Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

except, renzi, no one uses arenas like TWBD4 because it's too much of a hassle to start a game there. rather just challenge in whichever arena the bot currently is in.

Comment

Working...
                                X