Possible addition to the rules...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible addition to the rules...

It would be wonderful if the number of players permitted to spec a match were limited to, oh say, 50 or so. I don't know how many of you are on dialup or have poor connections, but let me tell you, trying to play a match with 100+ spectators makes you lag like a sonofabitch. I know certain matches are exciting to watch and all, but allowing so many people to sit in spec, thus generating unnecessary amounts of lag, is not fair to the guys busting their ass in-game. I believe this rule wouldn't be hard to implement either as, if I remember correctly, the number of players allowed in any given arena can be capped via the arena's settings. What are your thoughts?

P.S. If not in regular season matches, at least put this rule in place for the playoffs as most playoff matches always see a rather large turnout.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

sounds fair
    Winner of TWDL Scrotals
    Winner of TWT Melee
    Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

This is a good idea, if spectators really creat lag... every time this is brought up, people say that it doesn't really have an affect on it. I don't really know, as I'm basically computer-retarded.

I think the season is fine, but yeah, for the playoffs there might be a couple hundered people wanting to watch the later games, if that makes lag, let's put a cap.
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

nah lets not. i like a lot of people in one arena (dont ask why) and i havent noticed that it would create lag for me
        jee

Comment

it doesn't make me lag it makes my fps go to really low and sucks.

or maybe it's just the map
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I don't like the idea of capping the arena. Watching games and having lots of people watch your games makes the leagues fun, even if it does create laggy games

Comment

Arenas shouldn't be capped, league games should be open for everyone to watch. That's probably one of the best ways for people to find out about leagues.

Also how would you feel if you came on 5 minutes late for a playoff game and couldn't watch your team because there's a cap in that arena. Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
              Ronin

Comment

Why not charge money to "Reserve tickets" to certain games. $25 a pop or $150 for season tickets

Seriously capping the arenas would harm the community
                I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

It's a Pallies consensus (except bz... fuck him), capping is dumb.
                  Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Ronin, of course if you were a member of one of the squads playing you would be allowed special priviledge to enter the arena. That's just common sense. Perhaps large numbers of spectators doesn't lag everyone, but it sure as hell lags me. During the playoffs, there are enough games going on at once for everyone to have a look-see at (at least) one game. I don't think capping would have a negative effect at all. Sure, it takes some of the fun out of leagues, but on the other hand, it would serve to improve the overall integrity of the league by reducing lag, thus making the matches all that more fair for everyone involved. Personally, I think making the league a bit more fair/equal all around is far more important than pleasing some spectators, especially since 95% of spec chat consists of constant bitching/moaning/insulting directed at one of the squads playing.

[EDIT]Mattey, don't be a cynical jackass. Give me a little substance to go along with that "capping is dumb" opinion of yours.[/EDIT]
                    Last edited by Jason; 06-14-2003, 11:22 PM.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
                      Why not charge money to "Reserve tickets" to certain games. $25 a pop or $150 for season tickets
                      LOL webbb, even if our community had a couple thousand people playing, people wouldn't pay 10 bucks to watch an online game, which should be free.

Hell, how much does it cost to go online into a sex chat where there is a stripper doing her shiz in front of a cam?
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.
                      . â–²
                      ▲ ▲

Comment

I dunno about you, but I pay 20 a month
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Agreed, a large number of spectators makes me lag like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
                            LOL webbb, even if our community had a couple thousand people playing, people wouldn't pay 10 bucks to watch an online game, which should be free.

Hell, how much does it cost to go online into a sex chat where there is a stripper doing her shiz in front of a cam?
                            He was kidding bud

Comment

Don't cap them. I mean, for the sake of argument lets say No Surrender and British squad make it to the TWLB Final. I want to watch those two power houses tear into each other even if i can only showup to watch the last half of a game. No caps please, speccing is part of the enjoyment.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X