• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rab View Post
    Too complicated. I prefer:
    - If someone played, they get a medal
    - If they didn't play, they don't get a medal
    But that doesn't really draw the line, should someone who only participates in LB matches for their squad be entitled to the LD medal as well?
    killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Yes that was my intention. It would be reasonable to make it a league-specific requirement. Still a ton simpler.

Comment

By default everyone in the TWL roster should get every medal the squad wins. It should be up to captains to decide if someone in the squad doesn't deserve it (= axe before the finals).
        lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Originally posted by Zizzo View Post
          By default everyone in the TWL roster should get every medal the squad wins. It should be up to captains to decide if someone in the squad doesn't deserve it (= axe before the finals).
          I'm not so sure I agree with that as it leads to squad stacking, the only reason Fierce qualified for LB was because a few basers joined them under the premise that their core warbirds deez, lasenza, skepsis, welt would pretty much guarantee 1 title.
          As it stands LD is a 1 horse race, LJ could be taken by 2 or 3 squads and LB has maybe 3 squads that could win.
          I think Turban is heading in the right direction not rewarding benchers.
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Squads are much more than just their starting line. TWL is a league for squads. Therefore everyone in the squad should get medals if the squad wins.

If someone joins a squad because of sure medal then be it.
            lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              i dont really give a damn about medals as it is easy to tell who is good/contributed to win or not. i doubt people are stacking/joining squads for the sole purpose of getting one, though there have been a few exceptions. people are joining because those squads are attractive, stable, active and guaranteed to be the thing everyone's talking about or something.

i have nothing to comment on your suggestion, turban. it just seems like alot of extra work for you, to weed out a very small percentage. people can contribute to their squad as basers or javelins even if their primary goal is to win twld. example being sweet when we won ld, I really wanted marge and eelam and others to be on that A1 list as they were still a crucial part of the team even if they never even entered the ld arena.
              luckily players you mentioned would still have gotten a medal as the game points would be universal and thus will count for all the leagues. as an example, a player that plays games in TWLB, and occasionally substitutes in TWLJ, would still be eligible for the TWLD medal should their squad win that league.

it is true that we are trying to weed out a rather small percentage of players, but at the same time this should encourage squad captains to rotate their lineups resulting in more people actually playing and participating in the TWL efforts of a team.

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              I guess the only real suggestion i have here is that you sort of highlight the starters and subs somehow at A1 in the league arenas. I think mythril proposed something and i replied my opinion about how it should look (will find a link later).
              this is something we could definitely consider to do this season; with the addition of game points captain would have a clear way of figuring out the players who actually contributed to their squads success during the season.

naturally, we would also let captain(s) decide what lineups they would want displayed in the TWL arena.

Comment

additionally, we could even give captains the option to name two other player(s) that they felt contributed enough to be mentioned in top-left corner. an honorable mention of some sorts, or we could even call it "substitutes" for simplicity.

it's a damn shame that something like this wasn't done in the past and now every change we are making will make the league seem inconsistent in comparison to previous season that we have had prior to this one. i do think we are moving to the right direction with these changes to slowly restore the reputation this league had in the past.

Comment

Working...
                X