squad invitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good solution.
    Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
    waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
    Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
    waxer> LOl,no
    waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
      we had announced the possibility of a qualification tournament and/or match if the qualification period proved to be a failure several weeks ago.

now, unfortunately the ladders were not as clear-cut as we hoped for both TWDD and TWJD. the fact that the rating differences were negligible at best and that teams were refusing to play each other during the final days of the qualification period means that the current system is far too flawed to be relied on. we want the very best teams to participate in the league, and that can not be accurately accomplished without holding a qualification match or tournament if teams are too busy abusing the broken system.

i do find it ironic that some of you are demanding us to increase the amount of teams, but no one is offering to help with the extra work that comes with it. i refuse to start a league that has a high chance of failing due to last minute changes and lack of people helping with the league. we have set up the league and have done all the preparations for it, but now if we were to add more teams to two leagues it would screw up all the plans and potentially jeopardize the entire league.

to explain this with simple math: the current league setup means we have 84 games over the course of 4 weeks. now if we were to add two more squads in each league we would see an increase from 84 games to 108 games which is arguably huge bump as we would have an extra 6 games per week to host. most of our current league operators are players or active captains of teams meaning they can not host every match. we will not be able to increase the amount of squads if there is no help from the players themselves to make it happen. i do not have access to a magical hat that will suddenly summon the 10 minions we need to support the increase of games.

now, we do have two paths to take. the first one is to hold a qualification match with a best of three series for TWLJ, and round-robin tournament for TWLD featuring the three squads that were close to each other in the ladder standings. the other option is to have several players to volunteer to help with the hosting and running of the league which would allow us to increase the format, but to be honest that option doesn't seem realistic given our history as a zone.
      OK so the qualification turned out to be a failure? This is clearly an opinionated statement because there are no rules stating the qualification period will be a failure if the rank 8 and 9 positions are within 30 points of each other. Many people just see it as not a failure: 8 squads are in their position without cheating and have played enough games. There must have been squads that have just fallen short of points to qualify in previous twl seasons yet why are we treating this season differently to all them seasons?

You say squads were refusing to play each other but hasn't Eren already proven that with chat logs of challenging Vikings themselves when they had 8?

If you had given us knowledge a while ago regarding if its close between rank 8th and 9th spots then a tournament will decide the last spot... Then your decision is fair. The fact that noone said anything... U kept this knowledge a secret for several weeks means that it isn't fair to apply this rule after qualifications. It's a game and they unfortunately got knocked out fairly (its tough luck) and that's how you should have taken it... Not to drag it out unnecessarily because a rule became public knowledge today after qualifications have already finished.

Also wheres the opinions from the other sys-ops?
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

i refuse to start a league that has a high chance of failing due to last minute changes and lack of people helping with the league. we have set up the league and have done all the preparations for it, but now if we were to add more teams to two leagues it would screw up all the plans and potentially jeopardize the entire league.

to explain this with simple math: the current league setup means we have 84 games over the course of 4 weeks. now if we were to add two more squads in each league we would see an increase from 84 games to 108 games which is arguably huge bump as we would have an extra 6 games per week to host. most of our current league operators are players or active captains of teams meaning they can not host every match. we will not be able to increase the amount of squads if there is no help from the players themselves to make it happen. i do not have access to a magical hat that will suddenly summon the 10 minions we need to support the increase of games.

now, we do have two paths to take. the first one is to hold a qualification match with a best of three series for TWLJ, and round-robin tournament for TWLD featuring the three squads that were close to each other in the ladder standings. the other option is to have several players to volunteer to help with the hosting and running of the league which would allow us to increase the format, but to be honest that option doesn't seem realistic given our history as a zone.
        I'm happy to volunteer as a minion. I should have a couple of free slots each weekend to oversee other games.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

There was a record low amount of games played during the final day of the qualification period. The quality of the teams some squads played was on the low end which indicates that these teams farming for easy points which is a good strategic choice, but also shows easy it is to abuse the current system.

Now, we might actually be able to bump the amount of teams up as we seem to have a few volunteers willing to help with the hosting burden, and general running of the league. However there is still one minor problem that needs to be solved. We currently have 11 teams in TWJD, and technically in TWDD, which is an uneven number and the activity of some of these teams remain as a mystery. There are also teams like Juans in TWDD. They would have a decent lineup, and have played enough games and points to qualify, but simply haven't been active in a while to show on the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
            I'm happy to volunteer as a minion. I should have a couple of free slots each weekend to oversee other games.
            consider yourself on the list. I'll talk to you in-game and set you up when we see each other.

Comment

There was a record low amount of games played during the final day of the qualification period. The quality of the teams some squads played was on the low end which indicates that these teams farming for easy points which is a good strategic choice, but also shows easy it is to abuse the current system.

Now, we might actually be able to bump the amount of teams up as we seem to have a few volunteers willing to help with the hosting burden, and general running of the league. However there is still one minor problem that needs to be solved. We currently have 11 teams in TWJD, and technically in TWDD, which is an uneven number and the activity of some of these teams remain as a mystery. There are also teams like Juans in TWDD. They would have a decent lineup, and have played enough games and points to qualify, but simply haven't been active in a while to show on the ladder.
              What bout a squad like SeaWater? They have enough decentwbs to compete. Invite them and that will be 12 squads in TWLD.
              TWLD Champion 2014
              TWDTB Champion 2013
              TWDTB Champion 2016
              TWDTB Champion 2017
              TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
              -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

need to still hold some standards to keep the league somewhat competitive. we can't go around and invite every team, especially when activity is an issue for some of those teams. they can remain as backup squads.

it's not still set in stone that we will increase the teams, either. we will post the decision tomorrow.

one of the options would be to increase the amount of teams in TWLD to 10, but extend an invitation to a few teams and hold a round-robin tournament on Sunday to determine the squads that qualify. these teams would be squads like Lego, Juans, Seawater, Prayer and what not.

10 squads is the absolute maximum per league. anything more and the structure will collapse as we would run out of time slots.

Comment

i do find it ironic that some of you are demanding us to increase the amount of teams, but no one is offering to help with the extra work that comes with it. i refuse to start a league that has a high chance of failing due to last minute changes and lack of people helping with the league.
                  lol then don't chose people who havent been on for 7 months as your twl staff?
                  dump some of the working on your remaining TWL ops? you don't need to do everything lol..
                  also you're going to need ogron back if you want anyone interested in forums(HoN, themed posts,interesting reads)..
                  and nice change to roster limits.. you knew from the start u were going to change it
                  3:BOMBED> got donuts
                  3:BOMBED> how jealous
                  3:Heaven> how american
                  3:BOMBED> ??????????
                  3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                  3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                    dump some of the working on your remaining TWL ops? you don't need to do everything lol..
                    also you're going to need ogron back if you want anyone interested in forums(HoN, themed posts,interesting reads)..
                    and nice change to roster limits.. you knew from the start u were going to change it
                    water u fkin waring
                    Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                      nigerian alert
                      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Is there a way you can put a cap on twl squads in twd and let squads not in twd have as many players as they want? We should put a cap on twl twd rosters and allow X non-twl players on roster.....or just shrink twl rosters to twd? thoughts? My thought would be to allow squad twl 15/20/25 twd +2/3/5.
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Let me get this in before dudgeon players. Not everyone can have 15 player roster and compete at top level for all 3 leagues. These guys really did it and put in the effort over the years and got good at multiple leagues. These are the guys are the Beez Neez and we all want to be like them and are truly inspired. Thank you for being the stand up guys. Kudos. For the rest of us that have to recruit shitty 1 leaguers (myself included. Actually I'm exceptionally shittty...afk killing myself) to compete with these guys.....shame on you. In fact, I'm going to Costco to buy rope in bulk. We can all kill ourselves together.
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                            . I'm going to Costco to buy rope in bulk. We can all kill ourselves together.
                            Stop starting a cult!!!
                            Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                            waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                            Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                            waxer> LOl,no
                            waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Please consider this idea:

I wondered instead of axing alot of people on the squad to get the TWL roster right... could we not simply give u a list of 20 people who the captains wants in twl? Have the lists put on forums. Only those players on the list can play in twl and get a medal if they compete. Staff who are hosting the game- refer to the list to see who's actually allowed to play.

This would be a massive help to every squad i bet and should work?

Example:

You2be selects from their roster:

Eren
                              Big sean
                              Cise
                              Toxic
                              Dark hell

This is publicly seen before TWL starts so all staff and players will be familiar with these lists.

This list could be updated by the captains.... until hardlock where its not possible.
                              Last edited by Fork; 09-15-2015, 11:14 AM.
                              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

after talking with other TWL operators, we have decided to extend an invitation to both LEGO (TWLJ) and Vikings (TWLD) due to the final ladder standings being extremely close all while the qualification system was being abused by smart tactics.

now, while 9 is a weird number for a league, it will still work with small schedule tweaks. however, there is no other team that even remotely deserves to compete in the league for one of the two reasons: low amount of activity on the ladder or an extremely low amount of rating points. we still need to hold certain league standards which is why only these two teams will be invited to the league.

there will be no changes to the playoff format. one of the teams will simply not make it in each of those leagues. however for the future season(s), we will need to come up with a better, more fair way to qualify for the leagues along with some fair-play regulations to make the competition more of a competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X