X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Season 21 - Preferred Period

Hi all,

As TWDT has had another successful run and has just ended, the time has come to look at TWL and it's most ideal starting date/period.
    Please select one of the options in this included poll and let us know what you'd prefer: The end of April, Late May/Early June, After the summer holidays (Late August/Early September) or even later (October/November)? The sooner we know your preferences, the earlier we can finish our planning of TWL and end our search/selection of a new TWL Head Operator. Thanks.

If you DO NOT have a forum account and still want to vote, you can ?message me your vote IN GAME. Deadline is 2 weeks from now. (04/04)
    Late April
    45.45%
    End of May/Early June
    40.91%
    After summer holidays (Late August/Early September)
    11.36%
    Even later.. (October/November)
    2.27%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by M_M God; 03-21-2016, 01:28 PM.
    Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
    24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
    1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Don't we need an OP first?
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Will a ladder reset happen before this happens? That would affect my vote depending when you plan a ladder reset.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I personally think the resolution needs to be the same as twdt. It shown how players who wouldn't be considered warbids to be dominated each week. Go and read top 10 warbirds in twdt and you'll see how javs and basers can throw up big numbers, this is what's needed for twld especially, otherwise just hand it to the stacked team and save everyone wasting their time

Comment

I'd put the fact basers/javs dominated the stats purely because only about 2-3 of the top warbirds actually showed up for more than 2-3 games for the whole season, or at all - not to do with the fact there was no res limit.
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Voted end of May\ beginning of June for better preparation, because I'm hoping an email will sent to everyone\ staff can plan who will host\ if someone could do writeups\ this resolution thing which will never get solved tbh\ home arenas- I'm up for designing my own arena for w/e squad I get. I think end of April is far too sPoon and a rushed twl may result in a bad twl.

Perhaps twl could be made to tempt pros to be on shiter squads: if those certain pros (selected by staff) agree to join a shiter squad (aslong as other pros dont stack up on same squad) and manage to win twl.. Their twl medal is trimmed or hardcore twl medal
            Last edited by Fork; 03-23-2016, 08:53 AM.
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I voted end of May too.. squads need to get ready I think.. I know ours does...lol. Really hoping there is a new ladder reset planned create new excitement for quali's. Is a ladder reset planned? Does anyone know? This is important to many of us in how we will make decisions in what to do and where to go.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I agree with the twdt ratings system somewhat entering into TWL will help to better spread the field. I think allowing people to pick as many players/whatever players they want can be fine as long as they only have X players above a certain level per league. The more in depth issue will obviously come in basing as players are able to play at a top level at multiple ships. Some thought will need to go into this as we are getting smaller, so we need to do something, and not the same shit or we will have 2 stacked squads again.
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

it would be better to simply implement a new competitive roster rule for the future seasons.

i feel there should be a league specific roster limit, and an overall roster limit. the addition of such a rule would hopefully eliminate most of the stacking issues we have had in the past seasons, and thus increase the overall competitiveness of our primary league.

to explain more in-depth:

a three-league squad would be able to assign up to seven different players in both of the fighter leagues, and up to 12 different players in the basing league. the team can assign the same player to be eligible in multiple leagues, but it would take up one of the reserved slots. these league specific roster limitations can not be exceeded meaning players would only be eligible in leagues they have been assigned to by the squad captain.

on top of having roster limits per league, there would also be an overall roster limit of around 20 players. it would be in place to prevent teams from filling up all the roster slots (26 in this case) thus leading into more creative squad building while spreading out the competition.

if those numbers seem too strict, one could always add a flex position to the rule where the assigned player could participate in every league effectively increasing the amount of eligible players per league by one.

i wanted to do something similar to that the past two seasons, but never forced the issue.
                  Last edited by Turban; 03-23-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

as far as the starting date goes, the sooner we start the premier league the better it is for the zone. however there is no point in rushing it as the zone needs to be prepared -- league staff, rules, and all that fun stuff need to be sorted out on time. anyway, if we go for with late April as the starting date, and with the polls closing in another week or so, there is no point in having a ladder reset due to the lack of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                      I'd put the fact basers/javs dominated the stats purely because only about 2-3 of the top warbirds actually showed up for more than 2-3 games for the whole season, or at all - not to do with the fact there was no res limit.
                      At the moment twdt is the dominate league, I think we should take all the bonus' from the league and take it over to twl. Res being one of them, I also like the roster limit and the star rating, maybe implement both? Maybe have a total number of stars a team is allowed in twl?

It would actually be interesting to see the non warbirds resolution used during twdt. Because we need more players like shadowmere, dreamwin, 24 to be playing in twld. The warbids need to accept change with the times because steam failed and I don't see any other new up and coming warbirds on the scene, so we desperately need to encourage players from other ships into the division
                      Last edited by Ivf; 03-23-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input so far. Yes, we still need to appoint/announce a new TWL Head Op but it is also important to know what the players prefer and find a good mix between preparation time, changes and rules/roster limit discussion and keeping the momentum going after a successful TWDT season. TWL is still considered TW's prime league and we do not want to rush into it without seeing what captains and players want and what we as staff can do to cater for these thoughts/suggestions and whats reasonable in terms of time and staff capacity. We obviously already have a good starting point set by turban in earlier seasons, but we also need to address the good and improvable points from TWDT and see what we can and want to use in TWL. I know such efforts taken by Claushouse in the past have not worked out and wasn't received that well with the captains of previous TWL squads, so a good balance is definately needed. Depending on the outcome of this poll and opinions from staff and captains we can determine what is realistic in terms of implementing changes and making the final steps in our preparation of another successful TWL season. In terms of a TWD ladder reset..if we start late April, then you won't have a ladder reset, any later stage will most likely justify a ladder reset which would then happen somewhere in April.
                        Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                        24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                        1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Well I've said this a few times over the years. Why do we start/play TWL during spring/summer months? As many players start there outdoors activities, are home less and become inactive/rarely log on, alot of ppls skill levels drop from being "rusty" and not having much playing time. This is especially so for a normal person who works a job Monday-Friday The last thing they wanna do is waste a nice spring/summer day on a Sunday is sit in the house and base their day around a game. I feel if TWL was hosted during the winter months you would have much better competition and less "no shows". But I understand alot of this game is ran by guys with 0 life and dont leave the house year round and dwell in basements.

But hey lets shoot for late April. Best time frame out the options to choose from IMO.

HOST the next TWL directly after new years plz, it will be shitty weather "for most ppl" this = more bored ppl stuck in the house which = more ppl active/playing ss which = higher skill level/competition which = more fun and less no shows. You got it yet? It just makes sense.....
                          Last edited by olde; 03-23-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

well, that would be bad as well for a few reasons as most of our population seem to follow the NFL rather closely, and all the big matches seem to start at the same time as our league matches.

in my opinion the ideal starting dates for our main leagues would be either a week or two after the Super Bowl, which is around middle of February, or directly after Easter should we want to skip one mandatory week of breaks. spring leagues (between late March with ending date being in early June) should still run pretty damn well with close to no issues while summer leagues are a hit or miss as most people do want to spend their time outside.

just my two cents, and that is why my vote is to start the leagues as soon as possible.

Comment

From a dev perspective, doing TWL early will mean waiting on the TWD ratings changes til after due to no reset and risk of messing with quals. But it isn't that long to wait, and gives appropriate testing time for personal ladder ratings. Initially April seemed too soon, but now I think it might work best (at least, purely from a tech perspective).
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                              X