Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorming TWD/TWL and other random TW ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
    M_M God, Shadowmere, Beasty, whoever...

You were fast to reply on that staff thread, due to that mongoloid being suspended.

Can you be as fast informing the 100 man audience you got?

Player borrowing for twd? Roster limits? Any type of changes to either leagues? Dates? Any goof who's hosting?

It's cool for me, I'm one of the 'losers' of the 5% who voted for a TWL after the summer, in September.

I'll wait whatever you guys feel like, October would even be better. But, 90% of your audience wants a TWL really fast..as the hype is unreal.

Cocoons...again all over my head. You people...<3

PS2: Some good ideas Dele.

PS3: Back to United-Leicester game. Foxes!

Too bad Leicester didn't win!

Anyway, we are aiming to start in 3-4 weeks, announcements will be made soon as to the how, what and who.
    This is what the majority of the people voted for, some dates are never ideal for some but are for others, thats how TWL always has been.
    There won't be any 'major' changes in terms of player borrowing for TWD (not my decision to make, this is TWL), roster limits or resolution changes right now. Nor will we be paying any kind of reward to players for winning TWL, you get a shiny medal and bragging rights, as always.
    Ofcourse, any help is welcome in terms of support by either, writing Hot or Nots, recording matches, previews of upcoming TWL weeks, general activity, spreading the word on social media, getting some of your old friends to return and play one more TWL. keeping TWD active and helping us possibly getting some new players/faces into TWL, etc etc. Some other things like an Allstar game (mid season/end of the season?), adding stats in TWL arenas etc will be discussed and see if it can be implemented before TWL starts.

Feel free to post any other questions you might have about TWL in here.
    Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
    24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
    1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Originally posted by rothe View Post
      2560x1600res and you still have to use the radar. Anything where you cant see outside the radar seems fine for any league because that was the whole point of the radar as well as res. The only ship this really will have any bearing on will be the WB so I don't see what the true problem is. Not many of you ever use a WB in base. That's just a fact. In base a smaller res is better till the base is expanded which only happens when the zone is active/has lots of ships in base. The only place it would really come into play is duel's and the current strat of having one rush to push the other team into an area your team has a better shot it would just give people longer ranges and better chance to dodge so longer matches.
      The other thread talking about posting the game on more sites to bring in more people is an idea as well.
      The best I saw was getting someone to write a short digestion of matches on here or elsewhere for people to read and get involved in.
      I remember here when i forget who but they were doing that as well as posted some video and everyone loved that so yea that is a very good idea.

Correct I use 2560x1440 res on a gaming monitor 144hz, it's not about 10 people held hostage for res, its the future, people from steam want the bigger res for full screen and if we are denying those players, were not getting any population. I do have to us rader to stray people out of the screen that I can't see and people with small res do the same by aiming using radar.

Remove res limits all arenas or keep them max at 2560x1440
      Last edited by 2pac; 05-01-2016, 04:29 PM.
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
        Correct I use 2560x1440 res on a gaming monitor 144hz, it's not about 10 people held hostage for res, its the future, people from steam want the bigger res for full screen and if we are denying those players, were not getting any population. I do have to us rader to stray people out of the screen that I can't see and people with small res do the same by aiming using radar.

Remove res limits all arenas or keep them max at 2560x1440
        Once again agreed with the limit changes.
        3x TWLD All-Star
        2x TWLD Finals MVP
        2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Hope TWL kicks off soon. Else, many people will leave because WoW LEGION releases August 30. Yeeah!
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

ty for the replies MM n Dele!
            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
            Your friend,
            ​​Papi
            ​​​​​

Comment

@mainly stayon

I'm fine with resolution changes if enough people want it. I can get atleast 2048x1280 with res-resizer on my shitty old laptop before it messes up the screen entirely I don't think I would change it though.. I'm so used to the angles and rotation times with 1280x1024. And if removing the cap breathes some life into LD then it's still a win.

ps. I also almost always reply while drunk so I apologize if my replies are whiney.
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Jones so cute when hes been drinking. But I'm still standing by the remove the limit will increase competition and by that I mean make the game more fun and exciting and increase the amount of people that have played in the past several TWL seasons. I too can play on a giant res but refuse to due to the same fact as you Jones, I'm used to 1280. Once I get a few more games in me, it wont matter if you can see me from A1, I'm still going to kill you :-D
                3x TWLD All-Star
                2x TWLD Finals MVP
                2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

I've always been against the removal of a resolution cap in twld and twdd. Main reasons include a massive advantage over people who have the standard or sub-standard resolutions. It is just fact that being able to look at screen more than radar is an advantage because it gives the ability to react faster. Majority of people play this game on laptops now and its just sad as fuk to me that others want to play on imax theaters to do good. To all of you people who want to have this advantage, keep in mind that its only working for you because the actual warbirds who play on standard res have not upgraded their resolutions yet. If the rest of us also start playing on 1920 x whatever, that advantage will be gone for you and literally nothing would change. Since when did we start babying people in this game? Getting tired of fgts like riksa who refuse to participate in twld because of resolution. Do you really want an advantage over others before even considering playing? This is like me wanting 500 extra energy in javelin or i wont play twlj. Man the fuk up.

Give me a list of people who will start participating in twld if the res cap was removed. By participation, I mean players who will start on squads or at least play half the season. If it is significant enough, I won't mind the change. Otherwise all we accomplish is tainting the last few seasons (or the LAST season) of competitive play in this game.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    I've always been against the removal of a resolution cap in twld and twdd. Main reasons include a massive advantage over people who have the standard or sub-standard resolutions. It is just fact that being able to look at screen more than radar is an advantage because it gives the ability to react faster. Majority of people play this game on laptops now and its just sad as fuk to me that others want to play on imax theaters to do good. To all of you people who want to have this advantage, keep in mind that its only working for you because the actual warbirds who play on standard res have not upgraded their resolutions yet. If the rest of us also start playing on 1920 x whatever, that advantage will be gone for you and literally nothing would change. Since when did we start babying people in this game? Getting tired of fgts like riksa who refuse to participate in twld because of resolution. Do you really want an advantage over others before even considering playing? This is like me wanting 500 extra energy in javelin or i wont play twlj. Man the fuk up.

Give me a list of people who will start participating in twld if the res cap was removed. By participation, I mean players who will start on squads or at least play half the season. If it is significant enough, I won't mind the change. Otherwise all we accomplish is tainting the last few seasons (or the LAST season) of competitive play in this game.
                    preach sista
                    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                    3:45th President> do it
                    kyler> who is 45th President
                    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Meh that post added nothing of value to the point trying to be made.
                      Point is this
                      Larger res will not make you a better player. That's just a fact. Adapt or don't.
                      If you choose not to.
                      That
                      Is
                      On
                      You.

Last edited by rothe; 05-02-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rothe View Post
                        Larger res will not make you a better player. That's just a fact. Adapt or don't.
                        Larger res CAN make you a better player if you know how to use it properly. I wouldn't expect a guy who has never played TWLD to understand. As far as your "adapt or don't" comment, it should be applied to the people who keep whining to remove the res cap.
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I have played. That you don't have anything better to back up your point is again your problem.
                          That you think I don't play makes it so I wouldn't understand is sadly pathetic.
                          You want to hold the zone hostage because you choose not to change with the times. That is on you. No one else. That you expect people to play on what you think is correct anything else is tainting the name of the game is a joke. If your only defense to adapting with the times is well that isn't how the game was originally played and or trying to say well anyone who doesn't agree with me is whining... That is no argument. That is forcing others to play your way... Like a child. Or talking your ball and going home.
                          Most everyone has said anything that is within the radar would be fine.
                          That you come in and say anything other than your way isn't acceptable and anyone who disagrees and you and you don't know their handle in the league their view is pointless is no view at all.
                          It sounds like the whining of a child.

Not trying to be mean don't take it the wrong way but no. Larger res doesn't make you a better player. That people don't want to learn a larger res is on them. Has nothing to do with integrity or player quality.
                          People don't call themselves better players in FPS games because they use a smaller res than everyone else. Well I guess 2d shooters fits under FPS? meh what ever points made.

Comment

yeah arguing with someone who has absolutely 0 idea about this is a waste of time. there are countless threads by countless warbirds discussing this. dont care enough to explain it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              yeah arguing with someone who has absolutely 0 idea about this is a waste of time. there are countless threads by countless warbirds discussing this. dont care enough to explain it to you.
                              this game not atari, move on with times its 2016, you think everyone has laptops your a moron.
                              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                                this game not atari, move on with times its 2016, you think everyone has laptops your a moron.
                                someone get this retard off me please. everyone has a fkin laptop unless you are a homeless scrub. nobody is going to use a desktop to play this 2d spaceship game from the 90s.

Comment

Working...
                                X