Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorming TWD/TWL and other random TW ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    I said this you idiot lol. This is why its an advantage over others who dont have large resolution. They have less time to react for dodging when compared to someone who has larger res. I provided you with facts and common sense like you wanted. I'm sorry if you can't comprehend it. Stop talking about things you clearly have no idea about. Scram kid. Shoo lol.
    Calling people faggots or making the assumptions your making prove nothing other than for some reason you are deathly afraid to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
      hey kid, beat it. lol.

Ohhh shit imgur off

Comment

So in conclusion.

Take your ball and...

Also

Nice gif fitted your bullshit perfectly

Comment

Also hopefully this will shut you the fuck up.

Maybe this one?

Oh right
          Your lag is horrible and packetloss is worse so yea NOW I see why you want low res.

Comment

lol keep being an idiot. i dont lag. you and 2pacz being retarded is doing wonders for your cause atm.

scram kid lol.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Bitch please
              Begone with that shit

Comment

sorry, but your argument is one of the worst ones you can make in this game.

first of all this is not a first-person shooter with great graphics. in case you have not realized, we are playing a 2D top-down shooter game, thus resolution scaling is something you should never even consider when making a counterargument. i have no idea what was going through your head when you decided to post those videos, and quite frankly i don't want to know.

secondly, there isn't a single sane person in the world who would play this game on full screen mode when not using their native screen resolution, and i honestly feel sorry for anyone who actually does that because they must live an awful life.

in case you have not realized, a good amount of players who are even remotely good at this game are actually playing on windowed mode despite having access to greater resolutions. this is for a multitude of reasons such as evening out the competition on a competitive level to ensure we have a balanced league where no one has an advantage over another in terms of visual information. any player who has played this game for long enough -- assuming one possesses decent game sense -- knows that information is the key to success, and it honestly feels like cheating when you have a resolution advantage over your opponents as the added visual information is a huge edge to have in the game.

we will not magically get more players in the game with the resolution limits being lifted. the poorly skilled players will not suddenly become starters on every squad, but instead they will continue to be dominated by the good players who also have access to higher resolutions. however, we would most definitely see the advantage take its toll on the players who do not have access to high resolutions. the advantage you get from having a higher resolution would certainly turn the scales when two players of equal skill are facing against each other. the player using a lower resolution would be at a considerable disadvantage and anyone who claims otherwise deserves a reality check because they quite frankly do not know what they are talking about.

i feel anyone who is good at the game will be significantly better when put into an advantageous position. it might take some time to adjust to having a larger resolution, depending on how good the player is at adapting, but once they get the hang of playing with a larger resolution to take full advantage of it .. well, let's just say the outcome won't be too pretty to those stuck with lower resolutions.

there would only be a handful of players who would mange to break into the competitive scene, at least to the top level, should the resolution limits be lifted. i don't know why anyone would assume otherwise, and anyone who uses the resolution as an excuse for not being good enough to compete should simply admit that they lack the required skills to compete with other players.

.. and, let's be true here. the games would become more stale and boring as there would no longer be an incentive to play aggressive. there is no point in taking a risk for that surprise factor when everyone sees each other from miles away, thus negating the chance of rushing down an opponent.

on the other side of the coin, we could always argue that the increased resolution limits would encourage teams to play together as a unit which would be similar to the leagues in SVS where pressuring and working together as a team is the only way to succeed.

also, please never mention the most ridiculous of claims again. we have not lost a single new player because of the resolution limits. the resolution limit has not been a contributing factor to the slowly decline in popularity.

as far as my opinion on the resolution limit go, i'm actually fine with either option. i would prefer to play on an even playground with other players, but i will at the same time take full advantage of higher resolutions to not get dominated by other good players.

the aftereffect of removing the resolution limits will remain a mystery for now.

Comment

No I used those two videos both from different people they said when asked what is the best res that you should play at responded what ever the player likes. Not be forced into one choice.

But lets be true here. You are afraid of even TRYING it out. That's the bottom line here.

Yes the game was made for CRT square monitors. That doesn't mean that a resolution within the radar would destroy the game.

All it does turban is open up more modes of game play and offer squads new ways to work together. The assumptions your making without even trying something are astounding especially when most any gamer you ask will tell you to play on what ever resolution you want. Resolution doesn't make the player. I never said we would magically get more players. But then... Would it really hurt so much at this point when seal is saying this is prob the last season?
                  I get your afraid of change but to grasp to the past like you are and for sure nothing will change
                  So yes of course all effects of any kind of change will remain a mystery lmao no shit. Anyway there is a vote currently I could care less what you have to say you quit the gig for reasons you made clear. That may be harsh to say but your not willing to see it any other way and you made that clear.

Comment

.. and once again you prove your lack of reading comprehension skills. however, i suppose you might actually be a top-tier troll attempting to bait me into responding to your stupid posts, and if that is the case you have succeeded in your mission.

in case you did not notice, i'm not too opposed towards increasing or removing the resolution limits. i did point out some flaws in your arguments, and stated that resolution is a huge advantage to players with equal skill. i believe it would be a bad call for the zone as the skill gap between players is already huge, and the removal of limits would simply widen the gap -- at least, that is when you are looking at the competition at the highest level. the bad players would still be bad at the game, and only very few players would have what it takes to break into the top competition.

however, as i mentioned before, it would not be the worst move of all time to remove the resolution limits. it could potentially evolve the league into a more strategic (and, far more boring) competition with more emphasis on working together as a team. now, on a serious note in that regard, i would most definitely consider making the maps much smaller in scale should the resolution limits be removed to compensate the fact that all good players would keep their distance making rushing down an opponent a futile effort.

in case you did not know, i have access to high resolutions. i have played numerous games with maximum allowed resolution. i have even tried this game out on a triple-monitor setup which allowed me to see pretty much the entire map horizontally. despite this i would still prefer to compete in a balanced league.

thus, the real question that needs to be answered is:

do we want to have an even league where no one has a great advantage information wise? if that is what the players want, then we should keep the limits and be done with it.

on the other side, we could also neglect the large laptop population and take the risky gamble of hopefully evolving the league into something better -- but, chances are, it will be in a much worse state.

anyway, my opinion is based on TWL as a competition. i don't care as much about TWD and resolution limit could be lifted in that one, but players should be aware that limits are different in the two competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                      .. and once again you prove your lack of reading comprehension skills. however, i suppose you might actually be a top-tier troll attempting to bait me into responding to your stupid posts, and if that is the case you have succeeded in your mission.

in case you did not notice, i'm not too opposed towards increasing or removing the resolution limits. i did point out some flaws in your arguments, and stated that resolution is a huge advantage to players with equal skill. i believe it would be a bad call for the zone as the skill gap between players is already huge, and the removal of limits would simply widen the gap -- at least, that is when you are looking at the competition at the highest level. the bad players would still be bad at the game, and only very few players would have what it takes to break into the top competition.

however, as i mentioned before, it would not be the worst move of all time to remove the resolution limits. it could potentially evolve the league into a more strategic (and, far more boring) competition with more emphasis on working together as a team. now, on a serious note in that regard, i would most definitely consider making the maps much smaller in scale should the resolution limits be removed to compensate the fact that all good players would keep their distance making rushing down an opponent a futile effort.

in case you did not know, i have access to high resolutions. i have played numerous games with maximum allowed resolution. i have even tried this game out on a triple-monitor setup which allowed me to see pretty much the entire map horizontally. despite this i would still prefer to compete in a balanced league.

thus, the real question that needs to be answered is:

do we want to have an even league where no one has a great advantage information wise? if that is what the players want, then we should keep the limits and be done with it.

on the other side, we could also neglect the large laptop population and take the risky gamble of hopefully evolving the league into something better -- but, chances are, it will be in a much worse state.

anyway, my opinion is based on TWL as a competition. i don't care as much about TWD and resolution limit could be lifted in that one, but players should be aware that limits are different in the two competitions.

yo tl:dr and you aint staff so anything you saying don't make no sense turbi, u the biggest vpn user in tw and get away with dis. Also cres just hop off the thread you know you aint winning this argument.

People wanna play for the "comfort" of this game and not be restricted, this applies to vets and new comers, once you realize this, this is the day that res limits will be removed entirely.
                      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

let's be real here ..

all the people arguing to have higher resolutions would not be participating in high level TWL competition, but if removing resolution limits will make more players participate in TWD then it is definitely a win-win situation.

in case i haven't made myself perfectly clear, all my arguments have been about TWLD as a competition which is fitting to this sub-forum. my opinion is catered towards the top-tier players on this one, but as far as i'm concerned the casual players can have their resolution free competition in TWD.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                          let's be real here ..

all the people arguing to have higher resolutions would not be participating in high level TWL competition, but if removing resolution limits will make more players participate in TWD then it is definitely a win-win situation.

in case i haven't made myself perfectly clear, all my arguments have been about TWLD as a competition which is fitting to this sub-forum. my opinion is catered towards the top-tier players on this one, but as far as i'm concerned the casual players can have their resolution free competition in TWD.
                          Let's be real here... you keep assuming things, TWDT had no restrictions and people didn't bitch or complain, then why would it matter for TWLD?
                          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

But isn't it possible for players to play on higher resolutions anyway without being detected? (From an old thread I read a while back). If so how we know most people arent using 2000+ resolutions anyway?

I guess increasing the resolution could create more competition for pros that stick to a lower resolution? (Dif players becoming good- that should be a good thing I think).

I've never got it to work but those who have small monitors could use a program to increase the resolution to 2000+? If the program worked well and if everyone was offered the same thing (restrict the resolution to the max resolution of that program) then it could be fair. But there again I could be talking crap. Anyway back to more planetside 2.
                            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

We already launched on steam yet?
                              Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                              waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                              Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                              waxer> LOl,no
                              waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

I've been fighting for res change for years. Staff won't make the change because they don't have the minerals to upset a small minority of players. And people wonder why twdt is now the better league. I wonder if the same people who cry about resolution have a Nokia3210 and watch their hench TV which has a bigger back than goddess.
                                I've seen all the bitching before with people threatening to quit the game over the years; over decisions staff have made for the better.I'm buying myself a desktop soon. I will remember to ask the sales advisor if he has an old bulky monitor which has 1280x1024 from 2000.

I won't be shooting in TWLD unless the res is changed.
                                Check the top 10 wbs from TWDTD, where are these off radar rushers in there? Not to be seen... Absolutely got smashed by basers and javs because their rush off radar vulch doesn't work, that's why they are crying. It's sad that staff force players to play to a specific style. Highering the res allows players to be able to rush, mid-range and snipe. It almost eliminates all strays.
                                When I do play on small res, it's a joke how I'm forced to play a 10 minute match off my radar. Take your eye off radar for a second and someone who was at the top of the radar when you shot are now in front of your ship shooting you.

I can tell you who will win TWLD before the season starts. Change the res and make the league unpredictable and more exciting. I know I'll be able to bring excitement to the league again if the res is changed.

When is TWDT next starting?
                                Last edited by Ivf; 05-04-2016, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X