Why Squads Win in TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Squads Win in TWL

I know everyone bitches about lag, everyone lags, but is there a point when the lag really does become so extreme, that one has no other choice but to bitch?
    I played in a game against Light today and it was terrible. We were hammered all over the place, it seemed like most of them werent dying... because maybe they werent... There is another type of "lag" that most do not know about. It can only be checked by a staff member, so that means you can't ?lag. So when someone tells you that you are "lag cheating" or you are "laglet" you wouldn't be able to check if you really were. Now, S2CWeapons lag, when it isn't at 0.0%, it makes you invincible, a walking shield if you will. So when certain squads "cram" all they have to do is put their Weapon lagged shark or whoever it may be, in front of them, so the shark can take all the damage and not be hurt.

Now, in our game, I noticed that there was always a shark and a spider that always seemed to jump out of the cram and begin killed us as we tried to push. I went ahead and did a *lag check and, of course, they both had negative levels of s2c weapons lag, which caused them to take shots and not be hurt. I started checking some of the others on their team playing, and they too had some s2c weapons lag. But the worst part is, once we did break the cram, and only the terrier was left there, he wouldn't die either. So we continued are pursuit in an endless task to try and break a lag-filled cram.

To recall back to the original topic, squads recruit those players who they think would best serve the squad with their abilities, so they pick the person who gets the best scores or kills more. In other words, they recruit the laggiest (thats weapons lag) players available. I dont mean to offend anyone and this is just an example, but Light.

Now this isn't to say that all the good players have lag, because they dont. There are some extremely good players who are... extremely good and are good reguardless of lag. But I think the line has now grown so very thin, we can't tell the difference between laggy... and skilled.

In my opinion, the TWL would be much better, if there were some kind of weapons lag limit, like they have the regular lag limit. If this were put into play, I guarentee a lot of squads would be quite damaged (including mine). But it would also make hte gameplay better.

interesting wing.....

pathetic that guys have to do that on purpose just for a silly online game.....

i knew guys deliberately create lag with programs and stuff by bogging their computers down...and that will sometimes backfire on them of course....

i mean i know there is those programs out there to do stuff....but what your saying here explains a lot with some people......that have decent pings, yet seem to be un-killable

sad that it gets to that......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Most of those programs don't work anymore because of the new verson of Continuum. Don't get me wrong there are some still out there. Ive herd of some peopl have connections when they push a button they lag for one second.. Ive seen it happen. So they are there then they disapear.. It is stupid to cheat with that shit.. I can't believe some of the best and most respected players in tw use that shit.. ITS SO DUMB. There is no point in playing if you cheat? How would you get better? .. I know many people go on instant messenger to make it a bit laggy so they would have a curve.. I hate it when there is someone your whole team shoots at about 10 times and he doesn't die.. There should be a certain lag limit for leagues.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Its not a cheat program they are using i dont think. It is just there, just like standard lag but it is more severe and not as rare. Im not saying anyone is cheating, just saying its un fair.

Comment

Squads win because they're good. Get over the lag.
          Dice
          TWLB Champions Season 8
          TWLJ Champions Season 8
          TWLB Champions Season 10
          TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Dont even tell me that. Thats bull shit. That is always what is said, and it isn't true. When the terr doesn't die when he should because of lag, it IS a problem. It makes the game un-fair.

For instance, after we finally broke the cram, and all that remained was the terr, he would take in 8 shots, then just fly off to the top of thebase only to kill us later. Not to mention all the times he flew right through millions of shots, bursted, then flew back.

Yes there are good squads but majority are good because of their laggy players that dominate in a game where they cant die as much as they should. Lag exists yes, but when it gets to the point that it makes hte difference between winning and losing it becomes a problem.

Comment

Welcome to the world called internet, wing
              Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

I agree wing. call the twl ops and priitk/dock and install a lag limit in every fucking way of lag there is.
                Originally posted by Tyson
                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                Originally posted by Izor
                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Im too lazy to read that all but we had somewhat similar problem. Burning Rose was winning vs Light with 15 mins to go and then light's shark(wont mention name here) started to act like an godmode meatshield and just rammed into us and layed mines on us so we had to run away and that doesnt help take the base but looks funny. Didnt get any response on appeal...
                  MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

so what are ways we can fix this problem? lowering the lag limit is one. maybe a trenchwars leage zone where are divisions and league games would be played?
                    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                    apt>yes u can wtf
                    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                    apt>na
                    apt>ill show you pictures
                    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Do I lag? Yes. Do I have the worst lag? No. Lets face it--lag can work both ways. And not everyone has access to DSL or Cable. If you ask me it comes with the territory. Its easy to point fingers at LAG when the team loses, but its pointless if you ask me. I thought I hit a few of you (mambo) guys and nothing happend. But I didn't care, because lag works both ways. But I think ppl should not look so deep into the situation. Its a game, have fun. If you lose? You lose. Want to blame it on lag? Sure. Whatever makes you feel better. But the bottom line is: Lag works both ways. The good players improvise and deal with it, the bad players whine about it. Thanks.
                      RaCka> how can i get you here
                      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

za, I suggested that while back, but it got nixed for reasons I don't remember. And that was before the new server crisis.

Anyway, Wing's right in one way. S2C weapons blows. It makes the game unfun and to some extent unfair. I thought there was a rule (although now I can't find it) about the host being able to for a sub for someone who lags. If it ISN'T a rule, maybe it ought to be instituted next TWL.

P.S. Wing, next time you want to make a point, don't harp on the team that just beat you in TWL. Makes you look like a sore loser.

Comment

dont set anymore lag limits, i have a hard enough time playing as it is.
                          Wing do you want to make it so alot of players cant play anymore? It is most likely not their fault that they have high weapons lag, heck if i could get a better connection then 56k i would gladdy do it, but i cant. It is a game, let the majority of people play it, it hasnt been a huge problem over the past 2 yrs so why make it one now? I doubt weapons lag has gotten worse, and if it has its most likely not the players fault.

-Legion
                          4:Mootland <ER>> <- Mom of the year
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Hear ma baby
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Breast feeding time?
                          4:dll> YES
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Ok, take a suck
                          4:dll> u produce the best milk ^_^
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Hey, no teeth!
                          4:Mootland <ER>> ffs
                          4:dll> your nippies are red :P
                          4:Mootland <ER>> yes :\

Comment

Originally posted by Legionair
                            dont set anymore lag limits, i have a hard enough time playing as it is.
                            Wing do you want to make it so alot of players cant play anymore? It is most likely not their fault that they have high weapons lag, heck if i could get a better connection then 56k i would gladdy do it, but i cant. It is a game, let the majority of people play it, it hasnt been a huge problem over the past 2 yrs so why make it one now? I doubt weapons lag has gotten worse, and if it has its most likely not the players fault.

-Legion
                            STFU LAGGOT
                            CLOSE KAZAA
                            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

I know lag can work both ways. A lot of times it does. For instance, with 70 spectators today in the TWLB game of WR and Pallies, I did a lag check on EACH AND EVERY SINGLE player in the game. Each one of them, had s2c weapons lag, and each one of them had just about the same. In that case, yes the lag was even. Some had more than others, but it was farely even. In most games though, you have one player who dominates because of it.

I know it is hard to fix, but look at all of the other things we do to try and keep it fair. We have a nice sized rule book, and a strict way of hosting. I know this is just a game and internet, but we take it pretty seriously. TWL is the most serious, and for good reason. It only allows the best squads in, so it should have very good games. But the S2C Weapons lag seems to dominate.

Mantra, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or what, but when you cant kill someone because of something so trivial, it gets pretty frustrating and not so very fun.

I know a lot ofpeople may not have the best connections and what not, and I know its not their fault... but it still isn't fair. And I did harp on our game a lot but there were a lot of examples of it in there. I dont mind losing, I have played some good teams and fealt I lost a good match.

[Edit]And hey, if you can find a good way to kill someone who wont die and still win the base match, I am all for it. But until then, dont tell me to stop bitching.[/Edit]

Comment

Working...
                              X