Clear All

UNF
    Trench Wars Moderator
    TW Gallery Admin
    TWEL Operator
    aka ronaldo

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Storm03
      Most of those programs don't work anymore because of the new verson of Continuum. Don't get me wrong there are some still out there. Ive herd of some peopl have connections when they push a button they lag for one second.. Ive seen it happen. So they are there then they disapear.. It is stupid to cheat with that shit.. I can't believe some of the best and most respected players in tw use that shit.. ITS SO DUMB. There is no point in playing if you cheat? How would you get better? .. I know many people go on instant messenger to make it a bit laggy so they would have a curve.. I hate it when there is someone your whole team shoots at about 10 times and he doesn't die.. There should be a certain lag limit for leagues.
      They don't use programs made especially for Cont, I don't think lagtronic was made especially for Cont I may be wrong (ask value members to confirm this) :P

Kazaa does the job fine, But it's so hard to tell if your using it,.
      EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
      cool koen> :)
      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
      cool koen> not because of a bug
      EvoLd> Lol
      Treachery> meh
      EvoLd> why then?
      PubAceR> women in power dont last
      EvoLd> LOl
      toaster oven reviews

Comment

I just wanna say that when i play at home (with 56k modem) my lag is terrible. Average ping 240ms and S2C: 1.9% - 3.9%
        that`s why im unable to hit anything. Here`s one good example:
        before the server moved i used to get about 90 - 110 kills as spider in ?go base now i barely get 80 or even 70 kills in game. It`s nothing to do with skills...it`s just that my lag makes me shitty player that`s why i play league games at my friends place (adsl). So what im trying to say here is that lag makes you harder to kill but same time you can`t hit shit in game (Everyone jumping all over the screen so it`s kinda difficult).

i don`t know if anyone understood what im saying but what the heck
        FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyclon
          So what im trying to say here is that lag makes you harder to kill but same time you can`t hit shit in game (Everyone jumping all over the screen so it`s kinda difficult).
          agreed.
          RaCka> how can i get you here
          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by death row
            agreed.
            I disagree ... when you lag, you eat more ... and that very fact allows you to shoot, in some cases randomly, and still be able to kill the nme. I still believe that certain laggers (of course skill enhances the perception of lag too) have a clear advantage.

Comment

Sika is a -fat- fag.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

OK, you guys are getting way off of what I am speaking about. You guys have no idea if you have Weapons lag or not, so you would have no clue you are a "lagger". Yes regular lag exists and can be a bitch for both sides, but that is taken care of and nobody cares about it anymore. However, this weapons lag, DOES make you invincible, and stil allows you to kill, because you dont jump and what not.

And I dont care what you say, it makes the game un-fair if one person has it and the rest of the players dont. If one guy has invincibility, it is un-fair. I could care less about losing, its losing unfairly that is a problem. And yes, I have checked my own squad before, and yes, sometimes they did have some weapons lag. But they didn't have it at the matches I am speaking about. Now stop calling us "sore losers" and all that shit. That is not what its about, its the fact that games are unfair.

And server, I do not know what game you are speaking of, but Dime was the terrier for Light in the game I was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by WingZero
                  OK, you guys are getting way off of what I am speaking about. You guys have no idea if you have Weapons lag or not, so you would have no clue you are a "lagger". Yes regular lag exists and can be a bitch for both sides, but that is taken care of and nobody cares about it anymore. However, this weapons lag, DOES make you invincible, and stil allows you to kill, because you dont jump and what not.

And I dont care what you say, it makes the game un-fair if one person has it and the rest of the players dont. If one guy has invincibility, it is un-fair. I could care less about losing, its losing unfairly that is a problem. And yes, I have checked my own squad before, and yes, sometimes they did have some weapons lag. But they didn't have it at the matches I am speaking about. Now stop calling us "sore losers" and all that shit. That is not what its about, its the fact that games are unfair.

And server, I do not know what game you are speaking of, but Dime was the terrier for Light in the game I was talking about.
                  Look, absolutely nothing can be done about weapons lag. are you prepaired tonot allow people to play just because they have some undetectable weapons lag? This topic is complete BS. you dont call games unfair because of normal lag do you? thats just a jump. so what is the difference with weapons lag? its the exact equivelent as shooting at someone that jumps. unfair my ass, TWL Light vs TWD *killer Penguins* is unfair, but there is nothing unfair about something you cant change. GG
                  Last edited by Blue Thunder2003; 07-15-2003, 06:12 PM.
                  "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                    I disagree ...
                    Well then we agree to disagree.
                    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunder2003
                      Look, absolutely nothing can be done about weapons lag. are you prepaired tonot allow people to play just because they have some undetectable weapons lag? This topic is complete BS. you dont call games unfair because of normal lag do you? thats just a jump. so what is the difference with weapons lag? its the exact equivelent as shooting at someone that jumps. unfair my ass, TWL Light vs TWD *killer Penguins* is unfair, but there is nothing unfair about something you cant change. GG
                      You obviously have misread all of my posts. The lag IS detectable, but only Staff members can check for it. Note that every single Bot is an smod or above. And normal games would be unfair because of lag but we now have increased lag limits and what not for that specific type of lag. And no, it is not the exact equivalent. Jumping is completely different. The player and the opnonent are seeing completely different things and shooting at different things. With weapons lag, both players are completely aware and are shooting at each other and have actual true shots. Weapons lag just doesnt allow you to die. And if you consider being "out skilled" unfair, you have missed the whole conception of any kind of competition. Of course there are going to be peopl ebetter than others, but thats not unfair.

Comment

l0000l dime?

Originally posted by WingZero
                        I'm afraid you are confused Wing. Server was the terr for Light. Also the name is not 'dime' it's Dire. But either way, this thread should die out now. I assume you are not new to TW, you should know that ppl do lag sometimes. Including some of your Fruity candy Mambo players(no offence). You act like Light can't be defeated, well Whiterabbits did win a base match vs Light earlier. Instead of being so quick to point fingers, after a loss. Maybe you should realize "Damn, we just didn't play well enough to win". You'll show more class that way--rather then come off as a whiner. Because you seem like a cool guy before this whole ordeal.

Comment

Sorry I was not aware of the alias and forgive me for mispelling the name. I did not mean to intentionally point fingers at Light, it was just the most available game I had for an example. I never said Light was a bad squad or lacked skill, just that some of their players had the S2CWeapons lag and caused the game to be unfair. I am a good loser, you can check with the previous 3 squads we have lost too. But in this particular game, I felt that the game was tilted because of the weapons lag. WhiteRabbits are a great squad, perhaps they overcame the lag, or maybe there wasnt any, who knows. And I do know that Mambo has some players that get laggy, but that is how it goes.

Comment

I think that the s2C ploss had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

If the s2c ploss was at 10-20% which means 1 in every 5 shots they wouldnt see, yes that may be unfair, but I think you mean their s2c ploss was 0.1-0.4% or something, which wouldn't make any noticable difference in game play.

Just think if you have 0.1% s2c weapons ploss you wouldn't see (on average) 1 in 1000 shots. Would this really make outcome changing difference?

-DB!
                            Last edited by DUMBRIT!; 07-15-2003, 08:19 PM.
                            A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

wing dont say your squad didnt have weaponlaggers in that game. ty

lag is always both sided and can be beaten.

edit: and as evul and credit said.. "we didnt play good enough" ... dont blame lag. blame your teamwork and so on. i saw you eating lot of my bursts too. so no big deal huh?
                              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                              Server> dont worry mirror
                              Server> shark fits your tits
                              Peace <ZH>> shut up
                              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                              1:Hercules> im level 90
                              1:Hercules> in 9d
                              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

For me if i ahve no lag at all i suck there is a sweet spot for me betweem .4 and 1.0 that i seem to be awesome, 100 kills in no base no prob but anymore or anyless i suck and it drives me bonkers. Oh sharking with anylag higher than .5% is easy pie, no matter who you are.
                                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X