Double squadders rule question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double squadders rule question

I really don't want this thread to be a continuation of the other thread about a specific situation, I hope it remains pure.

But after reading the other thread, I am curious about one facet of the rule itself (not the recent judgments). At some point, someone mentioned the ability to detect a double squadder.

1.) How exactly is a squad supposed to detect a double squadder?

2.) Is it true that, with the rule standing as it is now, someone could have a grudge against a squad or squad leader and screw the entire squad over at season's end? (I understand that with the roster lock that this would require some forethought, but if someone were very angry it certainly seems possible.)

3.) If this is true, then we are holding an entire squad responsible for the actions a single malicious person. If this is the case, then isn’t it critical that the squad has a way to determine, just before the roster locks, that no one is doing this?

4.) Shouldn’t this check be done at time of roster lock instead of playing to the end of the season before it is uncovered? (This seems like it would be better for the entire league.)

Please note that I may be asking questions that have already been addressed and I am just ignorant of the rules. If so, please excuse me, no need to flame my ass.

Re: Double squadders rule question

1.) How exactly is a squad supposed to detect a double squadder?
    I believe someone said in the other thread that you can get one of the higher-up staff to check specific people for you. Not too sure about that.

2.) Is it true that, with the rule standing as it is now, someone could have a grudge against a squad or squad leader and screw the entire squad over at season's end? (I understand that with the roster lock that this would require some forethought, but if someone were very angry it certainly seems possible.)
    Well, if you really wanted to fuck over a squad, the roster lock wouldn't even be an issue. If you had noticed in -Solstice-'s case, the alternate squad the other player was joined to was only a twd squad. If someone with a grudge could convince the leader to make them a co-captain, they could easily get the squad kicked from TWL by doing that.

3.) If this is true, then we are holding an entire squad responsible for the actions a single malicious person. If this is the case, then isn’t it critical that the squad has a way to determine, just before the roster locks, that no one is doing this?
    You are absolutely right. There needs to be some kind of automatic detection, or a way to easily check this out that is only available to squad captains. I don't know how this would be feasible though.

4.) Shouldn’t this check be done at time of roster lock instead of playing to the end of the season before it is uncovered? (This seems like it would be better for the entire league.)
    Again, the roster lock doesn't change much, as you can still join a TWD squad and it still counts as doublesquadding.
    sdg

Comment

Would it be possible to do a massive check of every TWL player before TWL starts?

Comment

Is the higher staff prepared to handle each squad requesting a complete roster 'double squad' check before each match?

If a squad asked for a check (one or more players) before a match, how long does it take for the staff to find out?

If a squad has asked for a check on a player from the staff before a match, but has not gotten the information back from the staff, can they play that player at match time?

If a squad could not have reasonably known that the player was double squading, is this a factor?

It sounds like the whole team could be held responsible for the actions a single malicious person when they really don't have ability or tools to check and/or verify the offense.

Comment

well like i said in the other thread, only a select few staffers have the access required to be able to check aliases. and due to the potential of abuse, i don't see them ever granting that access to every staffer. but there definitely needs to be a way to check without having to harrass those select few people over and over again.

perhaps an aliasbot could be created that captains could access?
          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

"know" who you are recruiting
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Randedl you could recruit someone you 'know', but you dont know if that person has a newbie alias in a twd squad.

For example. Archer, who is on Melee, had a name on a different twd squad also and he got warned by twd ops. I knew Archer and I thought he'd be trustable, but this shows that recruiting people who are known can screw up too with newbie nicks.

But its better not to recruit unknown names yes, thats true.
              .: ExquisiteHosting.com
              .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
              zzz

Comment

well, it's an online video game, there will always be that "what if" factor.

but it starts with not recruiting aliases and people you've never heard of before
                Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                Philos> there is something about you
                Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

that still doesn't mean much, rand. it's totally possible for the same person to play often on several aliases, get "recognized" on a few of them, then join separate teams without anyone knowing otherwise. yes, some situations can be prevented by captains exercising cautious recruiting strategies, but nothing short of meeting your squad members face-to-face will give you the absolute knowledge of if your recruits are legit... unless there was a way for captains to use an aliasbot.

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                    well, it's an online video game, there will always be that "what if" factor.

but it starts with not recruiting aliases and people you've never heard of before
                    This is so true. Use your basic judgement as captains to determine if someone is doublesquadding or is an alias. It's really not THAT hard to know ... oh I've seen this person play TW a lot under this name ...

Comment

The aliasbot concept, although handy, flies out the window in this case. People are entitled to their privacy and sometimes create aliases to take a break from their position or responsibilities, as an unknown player. Staff isn't even allowed to tell people what aliases someone may have. To make a public aliasbot would be to breach that privacy. We must find another alternative to this issue.
                      Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
                      1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
                      2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
                      Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
                      Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

I think the rules getting enforced take priority over privacy in this case. Is it possible to make the bot able to do whatever you guys do to check for double squadders? Don't give away all the names that a person has, just those that are joined to a TWD or TWL squad.
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

i know it's possible because hockeyzone has an aliasbot that's used by their upper staff. but they have a much smaller population, so their needs can be covered easily by a limited number of people with access to it.

Comment

I think the rules getting enforced take priority over privacy in this case.

Not quite. That's like being pro about having your telephones ticked and granting complete access to your personal files as a higher step of enforcement against terrorism in the United States.
                            Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
                            1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
                            2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
                            Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
                            Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Sirius, please, learn to use the quote button, it hurts my eyes to read all that italic text...

And on the topic:
                              When you recruit someone, you get the approximate idea of what kind of a person the recruit is. If there are any leads to the guy doublesquadding, I'd ask someone to check him. But of course, sometimes even the smartest players do the most stupid things
                              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                              3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                              X