No announcement yet.

Twlight if TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my understanding, the bottom 5 in each D/J/B are going to be removed and replaced by the top 5 in TWT D/J/B. If that is the case, then the bottom 5 won't have a chance to defend themselves if they can't join TWT. Is that understanding correct?
    LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Comment

They will fight. Won't just be a replacement. 3 game series.

And replying to the alt-nicking. Me and Mythrandir came up with some ideas, one of them is everyone registering through TWBOT somehow, so BanG system would help us. We will figure out a way to stop alt-nicking or atleast reduce it.
      "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

Crome and Mythrandir, there is already that IP logging system in place in Pro League. It's called Infobot. Talk to the Pro League/Dueling Zone sysops for more information. That system has already caught quite a few double squadders and name changers (in Pro you aren't allowed to change names mid-season).

Also, as someone pointed out, squads which are in other TWL leagues which aren't part of the specific TWT league should be allowed to participate. For instance if Whiterabbits wanted to play in TWT-D and TWT-J that should be allowed. Or if Beauty wanted to play in TWT-B that should be allowed. The purpose of TWT is to give squads that don't normally play those leagues a chance to play, and as I believe TWT doesn't really have a limit for squads.. so why not? It would also make the system of the TWL waiting list (taken from the top ranked-TWT teams) more fair and open to ALL squads.

-Epi
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

whiterabbit4TWDT!
          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
            Annux + Crome = Girl Power
            i dont heart you
            I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

Suggestion:

Allow any squad formerly not allowed in TWL for whatever reason
              Allow any squad from bottom 5 of TWL
              Allow any squad newly formed as long as it's leaders or majority of members did not come from a TWL squad

This way you will have a good number of squads, while giving newer people a chance to learn and have fun competeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                Crome and Mythrandir, there is already that IP logging system in place in Pro League. It's called Infobot. Talk to the Pro League/Dueling Zone sysops for more information. That system has already caught quite a few double squadders and name changers (in Pro you aren't allowed to change names mid-season).

Also, as someone pointed out, squads which are in other TWL leagues which aren't part of the specific TWT league should be allowed to participate. For instance if Whiterabbits wanted to play in TWT-D and TWT-J that should be allowed. Or if Beauty wanted to play in TWT-B that should be allowed. The purpose of TWT is to give squads that don't normally play those leagues a chance to play, and as I believe TWT doesn't really have a limit for squads.. so why not? It would also make the system of the TWL waiting list (taken from the top ranked-TWT teams) more fair and open to ALL squads.

-Epi
                message nelson , shanky, or underlord, they know about the bot and yes, the bot does have flaws, i was on 2 different names for spies and sin, but thats a different story
                I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  Eh. Rules are kinda weird there. Apparently name variants have been used and allowed (but then again there is going to be a reaplay for a similar case in the Disavowed vs Starseed match). However the fact you don't have to be squad joinned is pretty cool.
                  gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                  gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                  gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

bring back Annux Enterprises.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

edit: I think this deserves it's own thread, laf!
                      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Giving new squads a league of their own to encourage competition and more stable squads, excellent, couldn't agree more.

Using TWT to do it, keeping its current name and configuration, that's a Bad Idea.

I posted my thoughts on Webb Llama's thread.
                        Old git and mostly harmless former captain of British Squad

Comment

While we are on the subject of new ideas

I was also thinking of making the leaders of TWL squads a committee. Only flaw are some leaders aren't active or are immature. I would like for the committee to maybe decide on some issues for TWL.
                          "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

I like that idea Crome. Will that include assistant captains? Or just captains? Asking because I have alot pull for Light. Everyone has their bitch.... also.. since I know you would want good representatives.. you could limit it to 1 assistant captain only per squad. That would work out great. Either way, assist. or not. Awesome Idea. Would help alot because it would show what the squads would want.
                            Last edited by Ruby; 08-07-2002, 05:25 PM.
                            I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Re: While we are on the subject of new ideas

Originally posted by Crome
                              I was also thinking of making the leaders of TWL squads a committee. Only flaw are some leaders aren't active or are immature. I would like for the committee to maybe decide on some issues for TWL.
                              A committee would be nice. All squad leaders should be included. If there are some immature ones, that is the price of democracy right? You want everyone's input. If they are just being stupid, more often than not, no one else will listen to them.

I am not sure about assistant captains though because that would double the size of the committee and make it much too big to handle (anyone ever dealt with committes before? As they increase in size, the difficulty of agreeing on anything rises exponentially).

If this goes ahead this will be the first time TW has had a real level of player feedback, I applaud you for bringing up such a bold move and I hope it works out Crome!

-Epi
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

agrees, should just be squad captains unless they appoint some else for them from in their squad.
                                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X