No announcement yet.

Hmmm with the allstar game coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shouldnt it be the once who actually have performed $$$ this season and not just the "big names" ?

Who here have seen enough games to judge that...
    Originally posted by Tyson
    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
    Originally posted by HeavenSent
    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
    Originally posted by Izor
    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Next season, hopefully (get ready for some wishful thinking folks) the bots will be refined enough to record individual player stats (published to the web in real time $) from each and every base match and store these stats in a database somewhere. At the end of the season, opinions aside, there would be no way to argue who does and does not belong in the All-Star game.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

You call _that_ Fair, Jason? It might work well for Spiders but I
        wouldn't count on it when surveying other ships' performance.

For example, some terrs don't get as many kills/game as some do.
        They might have less deaths than their more trigger happy fellows, but their w/l would still be lower. There are also some javs/sharks who actually try to avoid teamkilling their teammates
        so it wouldn't be all that fair on them either.

Also, let's say we have an excellent player in a mediocre squad whose play gets hampered by his squadmates (ie, being the only good spider in a "line" of four with the rest of them camping at
        the back of fr during fight). How would you judge is performance
        compared to other people by his score alone?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm failing to see what good this individual scoring system could do us beside being a source of fun trivia. And yes, pardon my spelling, it's already late.
        Last edited by Windreaper; 08-13-2002, 07:05 PM.
        Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

Who says the bots have to only record the stats displayed in the stat box? Look at the HZ bot. Besides, with the proper formula (something along the lines of the elim rating formula only much better) such factors as those you mentioned could be taken into consideration, Wind.

At any rate, just saying "Yep, I think he's good. He gets to be in the All-Star game." is a far worse idea than stats.

[edit]Also, it was a casual suggestion to begin with windy! I know you take your basing seriously, but down boy! Down! [/edit]
          Last edited by Jason; 08-13-2002, 07:35 PM.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Mantra if you go by who played this season that i'm an allstar jav. I Jav for the team in #3 spot, everygame i've played in we've won, I've played better (in not only my own, and my teams opinion, but also speccers) of ever jav we have faced, but i'm no allstar.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Scrim WR Kookie?

Windreaper:
              "...some javs and sharks actually try to avoid teamkilling their teammates"

As opposed to teamkilling the nme? x.o
              1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
              1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
              1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
              1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

All Star TWL-B Teams

i liked brookus's idea of taking a player from each squad and making a team.. so here is my idea of a great TWL-B match $

Terrier: warportal (Disoblige)
                Sharks: Windreaper (Cripples), Hannes (Light)
                Javelin: BobR (Paladen)
                Spiders: Silent Hill (No Surrender), Sleepy Weasel (Pallies), Project [V-irus] (whiterabbits) & Eeks (Shriek)

Terrier: brookus (Anti-Scrub)
                Sharks: Mantra-Slider (Disoblige), gnome (whiterabbits)
                Javelin: Pearl Jam (Pallies)
                Spiders: Arobas+ (Cripples), eRad (Onix), Mikena (British Squad), Domi (Light)

good luck in playoffs everyone <3

Comment

Originally posted by Project
                  Scrim WR Kookie?

Windreaper:
                  "...some javs and sharks actually try to avoid teamkilling their teammates"

As opposed to teamkilling the nme? x.o
                  Anti-Scrub vs whiterabbits

100k - 0k

League newbies :P :P :P

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

And also all year in REAL matches i have 4 tks, both with teamkill 2fers in the Pallies game because i rushed shots

Comment

If I make it on the all-star team I want Kookie to take my place.

It just makes sense, people.
                      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Peejay is ur "!" button stuck?
                        COYO

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                          If I make it on the all-star team I want Kookie to take my place.

It just makes sense, people.
                          Cause thats what i'm going for.

Comment

If you have an all-star game, and play a wb, and I'm not there, then it isn't a true all star game.

Good Game. No fucking Text.

- Faggots.
                            I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
                              If you have an all-star game, and play a wb, and I'm not there, then it isn't a true all star game.

- Faggots.

...and this is why we hate you
                              The downside of being better than
                              everyone else is that people tend to
                              assume you're pretentious. -
                              www.despair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby

- Faggots.
                                For some reason i found this post rather amusing than insulting.
                                Originally posted by Diakka
                                Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Working...
                                X