TWL Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonas
    Any idea as to what these limits will be? Or when they will be announced?
    Im either going to finish the bots first then test out some limits or perform a statistical analysis of all the players in the zone and calculate some limits. The first way might take a little time due to the fact that it will be trial and error. The second one might produce really really low lag limits because the majority of players in TW dont seem to lag that much.

Comment

that's kinda bs...come on mang, have some love for the 56k'er.
      damn this game req'ed a 14.4 when it came out

everyone knows it's totally playable up to about 250-275ms
      3:Extinct> i havent masturbated in like a month
      3:Extinct> mad hard
      3:im so weird> this chat is turning homosexual
      3:im so weird> just the way i like it

Comment

My intention isnt to discriminate against laggers... well at least not directly. Its just a consequence of wanting an even level of play between all competitors.

Ping isnt that much of an issue due to the fact that SS has prediction code. The main problems arise with weapons ploss, slow packets and spike.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
          This is like saying it's not fair to ban someone from playing halo because they can't afford an Xbox
          There is not a hundred types of XBOX as far as i know which price are high or not compared to connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Guano!
            Ping isnt that much of an issue due to the fact that SS has prediction code. The main problems arise with weapons ploss, slow packets and spike.
            Good point!

I find it interesting that I can watch a spider, Terrier or whatever ship attempt to go through a few mines but are hesitant that they only wait a few seconds and then blow through 2 - 4 mines w/o being killed.

When I have noticed this, I watch there ping setting (set your view ping in the options) & I have seen on a few ocassions a players ping be in the 40 - 100, only to go up to 350 - 400 just prior to running the mines? What's up w/ that. Can you randomly drop packets when you want to run a mine setup?

If so, then I am all for setting the bots to monitor this. In fact I would be willing to help in testing this if you need anyone?

I may not make sense in this reply, as I am swamped with work at work and shouldn't even be on this forum writing this:P But I am all for the changes needed in stopping anyone from f'n this up for the rest of us! Test away and make TW a better place to play
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
              When I have noticed this, I watch there ping setting (set your view ping in the options) & I have seen on a few ocassions a players ping be in the 40 - 100, only to go up to 350 - 400
              This isn't their ping that they see when they type ?lag

Comment

still dont seem fair to some ppl, i always thought lag was part of the game. Me personaly i dont lag so it dont affect me, but i just feel for the others bc i know how it was when i use to be on 56k and not be able to play TWLB bc of lag spikes.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                X