-Final- ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Final- ?

Why do the members on Final think that they can win every league? Sky was telling me that they would own base and javs... I laughed and got yelled at by 3 other Final members. NEWBIE YOU DONT KNOW NEWBIE etc... Do you think Final will win all three leagues? I dont. I say fuck you -Final-. Cocky DEA wannabe filled squad.
    Mongrel

mongolian cash of Syndicate

I think they have a good chance at javs. The other two not so much.

Comment

Aren't you going to the army anyways?
      1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
      1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
      1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
      1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Little harsh dont you think Mongrel? Yes we have some cocky players; I think most squads have at least a couple. As to the validity of Sky's claim ... well it depends on whether he was talking about TWD or TWL. Id say that, as a squad we have as good a shot of winning both TWDD and TWJD as any other squad. I doubt we have the time or the focus to play enough TWBD to win it. That also assumes we can compete with the top basing squads and in my opinion we cant .... yet.

If Sky was talking about TWL then the claims are meaningless. TWL is way too far off for anyone to make any predictions or claims. Personally, Id be happy if we used TWD to simply qualify for all 3 TWL leagues, while improving our teamplay and getting rid of any rust we have (I personally dont place a huge value on winning TWD, just doing well in it). Once we qualify, then we can focus on getting to the playoffs. After that, we can start thinking about winning a championship.

Try to take such comments as idle boasts Mongrel. Nothing ruins this game more than taking it too seriously or building up grudges with other players .
        Last edited by Eric is God; 12-27-2003, 12:33 AM.

Comment

There is no "winner" of twd because you can play matches whenever you want. The "winner" is the squad with the biggest "losers" who spend all thier free time playing twd.

As far as TWL and -F- go, they've never been further away from the powerhouse they were than right now. They grabbed some basers to shore up a basing line, but they'll look like Elu did this past TWL - solid terr, good spiders, solid sharks and solid teamwork, which is all fine and good but the word solid comes up way to much to be a champ, they'll just be solid. (thats also if you can get pooz or sika to terr, if not then you're in trouble)

As for LD and LJ, you've got some talent, but most is old and really doesn't care, or was never that good to begin with. Even if every -F- player became super active they won't win both (or probably even one) of the two leagues i just mentioned.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
            (thats also if you can get pooz or sika to terr, if not then you're in trouble)
            I don't think the red ship will be our Achilles heel.

Comment

Originally posted by Project
              Aren't you going to the army anyways?
              Indeed I'm leaving to the Marines in about 9 days. So I could care less. Just ticked me off when he and two others got all cocky DEA style. eh whatever
              Mongrel

mongolian cash of Syndicate

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                There is no "winner" of twd because you can play matches whenever you want. The "winner" is the squad with the biggest "losers" who spend all thier free time playing twd.
                Last season, the squad in each TWD league with the highest point total before the TWL cut-off was declared the winner. That was because once TWL started, squads that qualified for TWL could not play anymore TWD matches. Is it the same set-up this season? I havent paid attention to any of the rules as of yet, so I dont know.

Comment

I think if most of the old -final- keep as active as they been this past week and keep that active till TWL and play games like they are now they can win TWLJ, atleast make the championship. As for TWLB i think they can make playoff but like Nick said they are basicaly solid in certain area's not great like other squads, therefor i dont think they'll win TWLB but they will probably make playoffs. TWLD i have no idea i havent watched them @ all in TWDD.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

This thread doesnt belong here :P

i dont know who are the ones who talked shit but oh well.. doesnt really matter who ppl think that will win. Because we'll see it after twl. I think we have good players to get high in twl. And our base isnt depending on sika or pooz to show
                    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                    Server> dont worry mirror
                    Server> shark fits your tits
                    Peace <ZH>> shut up
                    Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                    Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                    1:Hercules> im level 90
                    1:Hercules> in 9d
                    1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                    1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

what's a noobie?
                      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

lol sorry mitch but I just started laughing when I saw that "Best Red Ship Ever" next to your name
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Everyone makes claims like that. I see Value players making claims that they are the best squad right now and will win everything. It's just part of the trash talk that is TW. The season will sort out the real talkers from the real winners.

And btw Nickname, Elusive had better than solid spiders last season, ask Warportal

There is no winner of TWD. TWD is a ladder. By defination it just keeps running and running until someone decides to reset it. And since the reset isn't really set, nor were the squads at the top announced after the last reset... there isn't a winner!

-Epi
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

I think this season, the basing title will belong to the basing squads like last season. As the time goes on, you'll see this more and more... if a mostly duel/jav team like -Final- or Syndicate DOES win TWLB this season, which is highly unlikely, I think it will be the last time.

That's just my hypothesis, seeing as how things are progressing these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                              There is no winner of TWD. TWD is a ladder. By defination it just keeps running and running until someone decides to reset it. And since the reset isn't really set, nor were the squads at the top announced after the last reset... there isn't a winner!

-Epi
                              So last season when I was on Elusive and we claimed to have won TWJD and TWDD, we were lieing? I figured that the main competative element in TWD was over once teams in TWL could no longer play TWD matches. Im not arguing, just curious about how it worked last year and how it will work this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X