No announcement yet.

TWL 7 squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u also dont have to try to qualify in any TWD game im sure if u got 5 of those guys i listed in any of them lineups jav/wb u'll make it deep into the playoffs.

also on the Sk8 thing, u mite be rite i dunno why or care why actualy , i just know we are active and very active. But they did make it very far into playoffs 2 seasons ago didnt they? they lost to Onix i believe, who then lost to Siege in the finals rite? but they did have Spearhead and such who they no longer have. And they did make TWLJ playoffs last season, but they also dont have amp,tiny,with ease, nimrook and such from then eitha.
    Last edited by Cig Smoke; 01-20-2004, 04:48 PM.
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• i wasnt a spider for diso, i was nothing for them in base, everyone in there is better than me at it .... diso is the best base team right now
      There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Galleleo
        But rand, its our choise too just stick with basing. We just dont WANT to play in the other 2 leagues. Thats whats this squad is based on.
        Originally posted by Randedl
        i really don't care about your squad dude, it's not a personal vendetta against it.

if twl were 16 squads in all 3 leagues i'm sure you'd find either ppl to wb/jav, learn to do it yourselves, merge with a wb/jav squad or just join one that can.

stop thinking in an "oh, it's bad for me so it's a bad idea" mindframe and take a step back.
        (edit: i took out this part cuz it was really harsh upon review, but seriously, come on lol)

Originally posted by Stabwound
        Forcing a squad to compete and do well in 3 totally different leagues is a shitty idea, because although I know a lot of people are on "fly by night" squads that will barely make it past TWL before dissolving, a lot of people are on squads with many people that they consider to be friends. You can't change the entire TWL and squad system just like that. Also, there is no way you could make 16 squads that would be able to compete in all 3 leagues. It would just force people into creating 3-4 "ubersquads" while the rest get fucked into oblivion.
        not for this season, i think i said somewhere down the line, and i know i said "i think it would be cool". further, *almost* every wb squad is a jav squad as well imo, and vice versa. there are a few exceptions but none of them are contenders i don't think. (?) give them a terr and a couple sharks (of which there are enough of), the duelers can fill in any blanks, a jav can play jav etc. . . there are enough players to fill over 16 twl squads right now (not all 16 are in every league), it wouldn't be hard to make 16 twl(all3leagues) squads. the biggest problem would be in finding captains learned enough and interested enough to captain an all 3 league squad (conveniently, there are 3 captain spots).

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
        u also dont have to try to qualify in any TWD game im sure if u got 5 of those guys i listed in any of them lineups jav/wb u'll make it deep into the playoffs.

also on the Sk8 thing, u mite be rite i dunno why or care why actualy , i just know we are active and very active. But they did make it very far into playoffs 2 seasons ago didnt they? they lost to Onix i believe, who then lost to Siege in the finals rite? but they did have Spearhead and such who they no longer have. And they did make TWLJ playoffs last season, but they also dont have amp,tiny,with ease, nimrook and such from then eitha.
        you don't even say "we" when referring to sk8. . . cig 4 return 2 cripples or something.
        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
        Philos> there is something about you
        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

• Rand:

I'm surprized that no one has used the "wtf 3 games a weekend? Some people have lives you know" arguement yet. Man TW is sad

-Epi
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine
            Rand:

I'm surprized that no one has used the "wtf 3 games a weekend? Some people have lives you know" arguement yet. Man TW is sad

-Epi
            not saying every person in twl has to play 3 leagues, just the squads they are on. a jav player would only have to go to a jav game etc.

if there is time for church there is time for subspace
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

• Originally posted by Randedl
              if there is time for church there is time for subspace
              Amen to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randedl
                (edit: i took out this part cuz it was really harsh upon review, but seriously, come on lol)

not for this season, i think i said somewhere down the line, and i know i said "i think it would be cool". further, *almost* every wb squad is a jav squad as well imo, and vice versa. there are a few exceptions but none of them are contenders i don't think. (?) give them a terr and a couple sharks (of which there are enough of), the duelers can fill in any blanks, a jav can play jav etc. . . there are enough players to fill over 16 twl squads right now (not all 16 are in every league), it wouldn't be hard to make 16 twl(all3leagues) squads. the biggest problem would be in finding captains learned enough and interested enough to captain an all 3 league squad (conveniently, there are 3 captain spots).

you don't even say "we" when referring to sk8. . . cig 4 return 2 cripples or something.
                Randedl, he refered to Sk8 with "we". Learn to read baby.

"We are active and active" -Cig Smoke
                1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                1:Vitja> afk
                1:Underground> haha vit
                1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                  As for diso it'll be very tuff for them to repeat TWLJ as champions, it would of been hard enuff, but since they lost Download its especialy hard. Sure they got lemon,da1, apples, and a few good javah's left but it wont repeat as TWLJ champs, and will have a hard time vs the top squads. And in TWLD, they are very reliant on just a few guys, CUmu/Archer/bram especialy and lately they arent exactly the most active ppl in ss. I think there TWLD season will be a huge downfall to last season. Unless they can get those 3 guys online each and every week.

In TWLB, they lost some very important ppl, again download was a good spider, Thundies, NOCKM to name 3 very big loss's. Sure they picked up nailed and cumu and stuff, but it'll be hard to replace especialy NOCKM in basing. And they arent exactly practicing much in TWBD either. Although WP seems active so thats a huge pluss for them.
                  Dude you know nothing about us..

Sure, the loss of DL was bad, but he had to quit ss for while because of school and stuff, so...

About wbs, we don't rely on Archer AT ALL, because he NEVER plays. He's just afk all the time. We still have Mikena (neuk), da1, bram, cum, shop and some others that can do well in wb.. And we've been practicing pretty nicely too..

Then basing, nockm was a loss yes. Dl wasn't (in basing), because like he said, he was never a big part of disos basing. And Thundermare was damn inactive when he was on diso, don't know about him know. And we've had 4 twbds in 8 days now.
                  Last edited by Desperate; 01-21-2004, 09:08 AM.
                  1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                  1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                  1: cundor> dude
                  1: cundor> i already told my parents
                  1: Desperate> LOL
                  1: Cremation> HAHA
                  1: bram> :)
                  1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

• I didnt say u guys wouldnt do good in TWL , i like diso and always have, I just feel w/ the loss of D/L (his activness and skill) was a HUGE hit, especialy in LJ/LD, and he was usualy there for LB if needed. Ur rite thund was inactive, but he still usualy showed up for TWLB games and did very well. And i forgot Mikey in WBZ i realized it after i posted, but even w/ him u guys still rely ona small group ofplayers. Sure bram,da1,mike,cumu are good and actualy fairly active, but if u lose 1-2 them for a weekend vs someone good, and its not looking to good for u, u guys got a nice top lineup but not to far depth wise in LD. Shop is good @ times, but he is fairly inactive or goes on streaks of activeness. As for the practices in BD, im glad i'd rather see a squad like u/pallies/-f- win LB then a squad that just plays LB. Allz i said was it'd hurt if u guys didnt practice more, but since u are then u guys wont be hurt @ all in LB.
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• the off-season has been so long that all teams have changed in major ways.

I think Diso looks stronger this season base wise than last season. Diso's prob last season was a general lack of interest and yeah you lost a great baser in nockm but you picked up several other great basers to make up for it. Nailed and cumu are 2 good and active people who want the championship and two is better than one.

Diso isn't the only squad, Pallies picked up a shitload of talent in the offseason too, so did wr (and it's not all base talent)

I think the only real interesting thing so far though is that there isn't the third big "elite" team yet. (since shin died) Shriek may be very good in javs - assuming they don't dissolve - but they're not as strong in wbs.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• Mega Newbie, Aerin, and Vigilanty will give shriek a very strong wb team if they just throw like a2m and Viper or 2 other competent people in as 4th and 5th. But not a whole lot of depth on their wb line yet. I bet they'll have a few more guys on their roster by the time leagues actually start though if they're still around.

Comment

• pallies has the best wb and most underrated in tw....

HELLZNO!

pallies will go far in wb and jav and will choke in base as always

aerin is not really good btw
                          There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

• yeah i like aerin and all but i think he's definately lost something since last season. i hope im wrong and hope he does well though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                              Mega Newbie, Aerin, and Vigilanty will give shriek a very strong wb team if they just throw like a2m and Viper or 2 other competent people in as 4th and 5th. But not a whole lot of depth on their wb line yet. I bet they'll have a few more guys on their roster by the time leagues actually start though if they're still around.
                              HT (High Templar) and i can put up a show too.. =p
                              9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                              4:Nimrook> No?
                              4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                              4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                              4:Akuun> ROFL
                              4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                              4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                              4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrook
                                HT (High Templar) and i can put up a show too.. =p
                                and i can put on a show with stephy GG NT
                                Imagination knows no limit

Comment

Working...
                                X