No announcement yet.

Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you've got a busdriver in your pocket then let's go, like I said I wanted you to be townie.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Yeah, and its the_paul. I guess since nobody else has decided to bite, I'll clarify and probably throw the game (but you guys did first!)

I'm the townie inventor, though it reads more like an adapted joat. I can investigate, protect, and roleblock, but will have to create new ones. After I use them. I used investigate last night on tp and got guilty. This is reliable info, unless there was a bus driver, which seems unlikely as I dont think fis likes those.

So, while I'd love to lynch ixt today, we've got one in the bag right now. Sorry paul, I missed playing with you. For what it's worth, i was hoping youd be innocent. Then soilderz died, and I decided to not instantly roleclaim.

while this move may very well cost me my life, I think it's the best play for now. Assuming 4 scum, if we can reduce it down to 3 early on, we can buy ourselves a lot of time.
      someone to jog my memory, inventor role cannot use items on themselves yeah? and your brief comment midway through has caused me to second guess your claim. if you really are what u say u are and had investigated paul, why would u want to lynch someone else outside your known info of mafia? im not gonna vote just yet until i hear paul's response.

something important to note here. as someone mentioned the possibility of multiple cops, i dont think its likely with the number of players, but who knows? theres two sides to this: willby really has an investigative role and flipped tp scum, or he is scum himself and is hoping to oust a townie/power role. i would like to believe the prior as paul's last few posts have been more on the defensive side for self-protection, but willby's mention of me is giving me second guesses along with not hearing paul's response.

Comment

• i had typed that midway through before all the responses popped out btw

Comment

• Also it would be super fun if this was a SK and cult game, instead of normal mafia. Especially if we cut off the cults head right here, right now

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post

someone to jog my memory, inventor role cannot use items on themselves yeah? and your brief comment midway through has caused me to second guess your claim. if you really are what u say u are and had investigated paul, why would u want to lynch someone else outside your known info of mafia? im not gonna vote just yet until i hear paul's response.

something important to note here. as someone mentioned the possibility of multiple cops, i dont think its likely with the number of players, but who knows? theres two sides to this: willby really has an investigative role and flipped tp scum, or he is scum himself and is hoping to oust a townie/power role. i would like to believe the prior as paul's last few posts have been more on the defensive side for self-protection, but willby's mention of me is giving me second guesses along with not hearing paul's response.
            Sorry, didn't make that super clear for new players. Look up jack of all trades (joat) then reread my claim.

and I've been suspicious of you since the start, paul just gets priority since there is more cause here than I have with you

Comment

• one more thing to clarify. regarding your abilities, u failed to mention the quality of how u can use them. x-shot? or what? because i feel if youre about to make the boldest claim of the development so far, this info is necessary for townies to believe hat u are, which u initially failed to do.

Comment

• Interesting roleclaim, especially considering fis claimed this type of role in the last game that Willby hosted. Could it be that fis decided to include an inventor in the game due to clinging to that fake roleclaim last game, or that Willby is scum and seeing an opening there to roleclaim something that can be explained that way?

I will say this: the_paul has posted A LOT of walls of text, and a disproportionate amount of it has been questions. He's asking a LOT of questions. Over and over. This sort of constant grappling with questions he is throwing out there has always been indicative of mafia to me in the past. They propose questions so that they don't have to definitely state an opinion.

And yes, I know that's kind of funny given that I just asked a question in my first paragraph, LOL.

The bottom line is we don't have any other information to work off of as of now. Does anyone want to come out and refute what Willby is saying based off something that they know from last night? If not, I'm inclined to vote for the_paul, and of course, we know who to go after if he flips town. This is a huge risk for Willby to take, which makes me lean towards believing him.
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• so youre a modified inventor person (or modified jack-of-all-trades)? you can invent the tools and you can use them yourself? fis turned up mafia last game after making that exact claim. but since this is fis' game, might be true. i can see the thinking of the host putting in that role that they invented on the fly in a previous game. though its extremely powerful if you start the game with a 1 shot of each ability.

this is a really bold early game role claim, possibly stupid too since it is a very powerful role.

results aside, i see this meaning a couple other things for the game. if there is a town role that powerful out there, the mafia is certain to have some sort of power roles as well. probably a role blocker or a framer or something. fis putting in the role that was invented last game also makes me think that the 'mafia sabateur' role is possibly in this as well.

i see this game as being a game where there arent many 'vanilla' townies and most of the power roles will likely have backups.

thats sort of where i sit after seeing willby's role claim. i was already a lean on paul being scum and having someone come and confirm it

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                    one more thing to clarify. regarding your abilities, u failed to mention the quality of how u can use them. x-shot? or what? because i feel if youre about to make the boldest claim of the development so far, this info is necessary for townies to believe hat u are, which u initially failed to do.
                    Also pretty necessary for scum to no re: protections. But it's fine-wildcard, bitches. I make an item and its 1-shot. I'm sure whichever vets are on scum team would figure this out themselves.

Again, RIP soilderz, made this a lot harder

Comment

• jumped the gun, having someone come and confirm it means that i have to vote the paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                        jumped the gun, having someone come and confirm it means that i have to vote the paul
                        Huh? Did I miss someone confirming it? What are you referring to?

Not putting you on blast, just actually wondering if I missed something.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Huh? Did I miss someone confirming it? What are you referring to?

Not putting you on blast, just actually wondering if I missed something.
                          i find myself believing willby's role claim.

Comment

• maybe instead of confirm i shouold have said something along the lines of 'aligns with my scumlean notion about the_paul'

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

i find myself believing willby's role claim.
                              oh, you meant you were suspicious of the_paul and willby's roleclaim, which you believe, is confirming your suspicion. got it, sorry.

like i said before, i had a strong feeling either exalt or the_paul were mafia. and here we have an extremely risky move from an experienced player/host, so i'm going with it since it's the only information we have to work off of at this point. like i also said before, if this doesn't work out, we know exactly where to go from here.

if anyone has any information that discredits what willby is saying, now is the time to come forward. until then...

vote the_paul

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• vote the paul

Comment

Working...
                                X