X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoDNeY
    replied
    Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Rodney, I'm sorry if I got you killed. I really don't think I defended you much but it sounds like that contributed to your death, and I'm sorry for that.
    nah you didnt get me killed no sweat. We were kind of put out there as the only 2 mafia interacting in the first few phases so it just put a bigger target on us since a majority of players lurked

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I used to get VSed by Wark immediately every single game back then, even though I was never a lurker. He got me lynched as Cop, Vigi, and a few other PRs on Day 1 back then. I miss playing with all those guys, but it was always a bloodbath from the very start.
    It really was, but man was it fun. Some of the crazy roleclaims and plays that worked out were just amazing. With the overall activity the way it is, maybe it is always the right move to lynch day 1. It didn't always used to be the right move, but things are different now

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    guys like Wark, ph, Jason, and the others would force people to be active and contribute, or we'd lynch the lurkers
    I used to get VSed by Wark immediately every single game back then, even though I was never a lurker. He got me lynched as Cop, Vigi, and a few other PRs on Day 1 back then. I miss playing with all those guys, but it was always a bloodbath from the very start.

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    First off Fis, thanks for hosting. There were some downsides to this game, but none of them were your fault.

Originally posted by fiS View Post
    Soilderz

the_paul: You were basically really unlucky with the tracker. I liked how you defended the no-lynch on day 1 and argued with Exalt a lot. It seemed very authentical and I'd have believed it. Your roleclaim on day 2 was too late, I think that was the mistake.

THANKS FOR PLAYING EVERYONE.
    Looking forward to more games, I hope you enjoyed the game, even though it certainly had it's ups and downs.

This part wins the bad timing award. I was the city representative on a $27 million project for the entirety of this game. My job is pretty easy, so I had time to keep up and post. Then Willby and Exalt pick the only day I was unavailable to start dropping bombshells. To be fair, once Willby came out I was dead to rights no matter what, but I couldn't make as much of an effort as normal.

I have been MIA on these forums for a while, but I was one of the most active mafia players for years before that, and I have almost always subscribed to the day 1 no lynch scenario. Once it came down to Rodney and ixt on day 1, I was screwed no matter what though. If I vote ixt and he shows up town, I'm dead. If I vote Rodney, we lose a mafia power role, and I'm still under suspicion for just being the last vote. You guys were dead on picking up on Biet and Zeebu though, that was pretty impressive.

One of the reasons I was always for the no lynch day 1 is because of the people that used to play mafia. I mean, if someone like Jessup is in, that's an automatic day 1 lynch no matter what. But other than that, guys like Wark, ph, Jason, and the others would force people to be active and contribute, or we'd lynch the lurkers. So a day 1 lynch wasn't necessary and would usually do more harm than good. Jason hosted a game with 2 mafias, and the final 2 players left were the 2 godfathers. Best mafia game I've ever been a part of. I realize people have lives and it's super nerdy of me to get disappointed about the lack of activity from a lot of the people I was excited to play with, but I was.

That being said, Exalt it was pretty fun going back and forth with you. I went at you to try to force some more contributions from other people, but that obviously didn't happen. I think if Willby hadn't investigated me (asshole!), I had a good chance of getting out of being the front runner to be lynched. But, that obviously didn't pan out for me, but it was fun playing with you and I really appreciated the activity.

Ixt, your day 1 roleclaim and call to be investigated was still dumb and scummy as shit, but you really turned it around afterwards and I enjoyed reading your posts after I died.

Willby, you're the reason I played in the first place, and you killed me. You're dead to me. Just kidding, well played buddy.

Rodney, I'm sorry if I got you killed. I really don't think I defended you much but it sounds like that contributed to your death, and I'm sorry for that.

Fis, thank you again. Hopefully the next game has more activity so the host doesn't get blamed for anything.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    and also, the game wasn't imbalanced. it came down to the end and mafia really screwed themselves to be honest. rodney was unfortunately under fire from the get go and zeebu didn't do enough (read: anything) to help them win.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    Voth
    I agree with you so much. The game was quite crazy to start with only 13 people but three killing roles. I knew there'd be doubt "haha this isn't possible", but with the "defensive" roles given, this was kinda worth a try.
    Same with the aspect that the game got boring. Basically all experienced and active players were killed off and the rest remained under the radar. I'm sorry for that, but I don't think that this was in my hands or has to do with the 48/24h schedule.
    Overall I had the feeling that it was pretty balanced, except for the SK Maybe. But how to balance a SK? Mafia could've actually got further if they all pulled together and the GF didn't go MIA. There wasn't a single misslynch the entire game.
    certainly not in your hands... it is in the mafia/SK best interest to survive until the end, and especially for me being in the dark and alone, i needed to target better players who might sniff me out later on.

i actually think the SK was OK... but i would really like to see how it would have played out if i didn't miss the day 1 phase change and i voted rodney. it would be pretty hard to see me as anti-town at that point, and the game would have been dramatically different.

Leave a comment:

• fiS
    replied
    Voth
    I agree with you so much. The game was quite crazy to start with only 13 people but three killing roles. I knew there'd be doubt "haha this isn't possible", but with the "defensive" roles given, this was kinda worth a try.
    Same with the aspect that the game got boring. Basically all experienced and active players were killed off and the rest remained under the radar. I'm sorry for that, but I don't think that this was in my hands or has to do with the 48/24h schedule.
    Overall I had the feeling that it was pretty balanced, except for the SK Maybe. But how to balance a SK? Mafia could've actually got further if they all pulled together and the GF didn't go MIA. There wasn't a single misslynch the entire game.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    just checked the spreadsheet - dying that mafia and i both targetted field and soilderz. i guess they had the same idea to pick off power players to ensure survival.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    LOL

the one thing i was telling the truth about this game was that i legitimately meant to come back and cast a deciding vote on day 1 lynch, and the phase ended abruptly before i expected it to. if it helps, i would have voted rodney, and when he flipped scum, that would have been huge for me to be regarded as pro-town. i seriously lost the game for myself on day 1.

also, sorry for killing two good town power roles right away. i actually thought field might be scum. ah well.

also regret killing two of the better players, but my thought as serial killer was that the longer i leave the good players alive, the less chance i have of surviving to the end. so i guess i don't regret it really, but i do feel bad about it. the game got super boring as it went on and it was just inactive/inexperienced players, i actually stopped following it.

apparently i'm a dumbass too. my last words to town about it being impossible that exalt was vigilante... i actually believed that. i had no faith that there was a vigi in the game when the only people that died night 1 and night 2 were people i killed. i was shocked that mafia wasn't making any successful kills.

thanks for hosting fis, this was a pretty crazy game.

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    This game had me constantly worried. Mido and I had some very lucky results, and even then i was worried rodney was going to get away with it.

So many rbers definitely made it difficult to fully utilize roles- without a kill, I didnt fully trust exalt. Good thing we had a solid enough idea of who was bad that they couldnt cast doubt on him.

Sorry again t_p, looking forward to next game.

Big props to mido for some big carry moments, not easy as new player. Way to step up!

Also big props to fis, had no idea there were so many power roles, which can be very hard to track. FWIW, I think your consistent phase changes were good. Only reason my game was different ixt was that I was off work when I started, so I could devote a lot more attention, which sharply dropped off after I started my new job. TLDR: Hosting ain't easy

Leave a comment:

• RoDNeY
    replied

Rodney: Vengeful Nurse, made me laugh. Holy shit how could someone possibly think of this. A for creativity. And A for staying alive until almost the very end when all signs pointed lynch to you basically from day 1. Also, good job on chiming in with night Action ideas when Zeebu went MIA - made Mafia survive a little longer.

Looking forward to more games, I hope you enjoyed the game, even though it certainly had it's ups and downs.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    LOL i looked at what i was accused of and what results i had against me already and there was literally nothing else i could think of so i said fuck it if i can kill off exalt and claim Vengeful nurse to avoid just one lynch and maybe people like ixt will believe it without someone like exalt being a voice of reason

There was also a brief mention from zeebu in mafia chat that he had thought of possibly claiming nurse, i told him to let me claim nurse and then he could come out and role claim as the real nurse and push on me to get me lynched and then he would be put in good standing with town but that never played out. I'm interested to see how this would have played out, i knew i was dead from Day 1 so i would have happily sacrificed myself to put another Mafia into good town standing.

Thanks for hosting FiS!

Leave a comment:

• fiS
    replied
    Soilderz
    Yeah, basically you died because you were targetted by both, Voth and BIET. Regular doc can only protect the target from one kill. Really unlucky.

Some thoughts on the game:
    Personally, I did like the game's schedule: 48 hour days, 24 hour nights - although, I do admit, it sometimes made phases really long.
    For me as a host, who does have a real life and other duties at day times, it made hosting easier and I appreciate your patience with it.

Roleclaims:
    Voth's Roleclaim: Nice try, Voth, but I think you took it way too far with your roleclaim. A for effort though. You probably should have admitted that you visited field, but with a different action.
    Rodney's Roleclaim: Man, if you win the game with that roleclaim, you will be my Mafia hero. Vengeful Nurse? LOL come on.
    ixt's Roleclaim: "Basically vanilla but powerrole", uhh, you got stuck here a little with the wording. You got away with it, but it was fairly lucky - I knew exactly what you were intending to say, but the others didn't.

Thoughts on players post-game:
    No particular order

BIET: I think you've played a solid game, seeing as this was your very first game as Mafia and only the second game you have played so far. You kinda sneaked under the radar until you dodged out when confronted with mido's tracking result. That's what I found weak. You still could have come up with some sort of defense before being lynched.

Zeebu: Basically lurking but successfully staying under the radar due to lack of content and only chiming in at the end of the phases. I actually found it pretty disrespectful that you just went MIA in the hot phase without saying a word - while you didn't even really bother the entire game, even Rodney sending actions, etc. - you didn't even bother to use your action the very last night.. It killed the flow of the game.

Voth: Difficult role you drafted there. I think you played well and seemingly Pro-Town, but the tracker's result and your roleclaim was just not convincing enough. You also helped Mafia a lot with your kill. Night 1 you and Mafia both targetted the Doctor, Soilderz. Else he would have survived.

WillBy: Great play, looked Pro-Town from the start, convincing roleclaim and result. Good lead for town. Good roleclaim at the right time. Nothing more to say.

midoent: As this is only your second game, you had a great feeling with WillBy, contacting him with your results and (apparently) discussing the next target(s). With Voth and BIET that was two scum in a row. As WillBy died you went a little more insecure, at least that's how it seemed to me. Still, good choices especially as you are fresh with the game. I see confusion in your posts, but keep the hang of it. I'd like to read more from you, more posts going more into depth the next time - because now you know how it works.

Exalt: Man, I felt so sorry for you. You had very very good leads and very good thoughts and made the right choices for your night kills, but even before you claimed vigi, they didn't go through. I think you played a great pro-town game, with correct conclusions and leads - successful kills woul have made this clear.

ixt: Tough judgement as I get personal here because of your way of playing mafia and your way of communicating with me as a mod.
    Mainly just following other people's leads and paths, without actually contributing own thoughts (exception: last but important stage of the game) other than tunnelling certain people in certain stages that have been quite obvious. Basically giving away the role at day 1 - no killer has targetted you the entire game, basically means that your role has been quite useless. Well, ever wonder why nobody targets you at night? I got an easy answer to that question.
    Other than that: actually a solid game with right conclusions. while you are sometimes overly personal and rude. Rudness doesn't belong here. Mafia is About People lying, so don't tell them that they're "easy" or whatever. Playing pro-town is easier than anti-town.
    I also found it shit that you've been pointing out honest hosting mistakes (I hope you realize it takes quite some effort and free time) and draw false conclusions. You could just PM me or just ask me instead of bitching around and being a shit about it. How about you host the next game?

field: I would have liked to see more from you, because I also think you were going in the right direction.

Missa: Very first mafia game! I think you did good! Same like midoent, I also saw confusion in your Ppsts and "what to do, what's going on?" kinda posts, but generally, the decisions were allright. You tunneled on ixt too heavily occasionally but hey, there was a great chance that ixt was scum with his behavior. Would like to see more of you!

Rodney: Vengeful Nurse, made me laugh. Holy shit how could someone possibly think of this. A for creativity. And A for staying alive until almost the very end when all signs pointed lynch to you basically from day 1. Also, good job on chiming in with night Action ideas when Zeebu went MIA - made Mafia survive a little longer.

Soilderz: not much to say here, you made the right choice protecting yourself, but damn, it just didn't help. Someone's gotta die at night, sorry, but it was you this time.

the_paul: You were basically really unlucky with the tracker. I liked how you defended the no-lynch on day 1 and argued with Exalt a lot. It seemed very authentical and I'd have believed it. Your roleclaim on day 2 was too late, I think that was the mistake.

Looking forward to more games, I hope you enjoyed the game, even though it certainly had it's ups and downs.

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    Sorry guys, life took over about midway through and I couldn?t contribute much. Posting anything useful from my phone is impossible and that was the only tool I had through much of it. I?m considering dropping out of the next one too for the same reason. On top of that, it was impressive mafia lasted as long as we did with as many investigative and killing roles out there. Also since Paul died early due to the Rodney debacle.

gg all

Leave a comment:

• Soilderz
    replied
    Rofl some of these nights are so crazy lucky by a couple roleblocks and tracks, I love it lol

Leave a comment:

• fiS
    replied
    Pre- and Postgame thoughts and comments:

# Players Allign. Role
    1 Exalt Town Vigi
    2 WillBy Town Inventor*
    3 Zeebu Mafia Godfather
    4 field Town Roleblocker
    5 Voth Solo Serial Killer*
    6 Undercut Town Cop
    7 Missa Town Hider*
    8 BIET Mafia Doctor
    9 ixt Town Bulletproof*
    10 midoent Town Tracker
    11 Rodney Mafia Roleblocker
    12 Soilderz Town Doctor
    13 the_paul Mafia Cop

* Modifiers
    Inventor's Items: 1x Doc, 1x Cop, 1x Roleblock
    Hider: Can hide behind "everyone", no weak mod (Hider does not know)
    SK: additionally 1x Bulletproof (automatically activated until shot)
    Bulletproof: as long as there are 5 or more players alive.

Balancing & Thoughts Pre-Game
    Okay, so this is going to be a quite "mad" game. Every single player has a power role.
    My thoughts while creating the setup: even though there are only 13 players, I wanted to spice it up. Not only a tad, but make it mad. (Lol it rhymes.)
    13 players were divided into 4 Mafia, 8 Townies and 1 Solo.
    With the Serial Killer, the Town's Vigilante and Mafia being able to make a kill every night, in worst case scenario there could be 3 Townie deaths at one night.
    I tried to avoid that by throwing a "Bulletproof" and "Hider" into the game aside from the regular (quite powerful) Town Powerroles.
    How is it going to turn out? I have no idea. Game could be over in 2 nights, worst case.
    Then again Town *might* be too powerful with a Tracker, Cop and the Inventor role, while also having a regular Doc, Vigi and Roleblocker.
    But on the other hand, they might all die in one night (lol I'm evil).
    So Mafia gets strong roles too. I have no idea what is going to happen, but I hope everyone is going to enjoy this one - also because it's unexpected and everyone will likely doubt that there's three killing roles.
    Mafia is also quite powerful, considering that they have a Doc and the Godfather, basically means that at least 2 Mafia members must be lynched (unless BIET's protection is blocked)
    Might be a little tough for the Serial Killer, but I see no way to further balance him in without making him overpowered.

Night Actions and Votes can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_XLWwf7HOId02rZVWEzlKLtnIMgocjg3CHoUK6oNI/edit?usp=sharing

RE Roleblockers: I used the variation that roleblocks are simoultaneous, basically: a roleblocker can not be roleblocked.
    Because if a roleblocker gets roleblocked, the one roleblocker would be basically "more powerful" and I see no reason why that should be this way. Since this is one way of how to handle roleblockers, I know it probably did cause confusion and I could have stated it in the mechanics? Well, it's one way to handle it, and I think it's fair.

More thoughts to come.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X