[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

I don't know for sure that its best for town, with our luck he'll end up being the cop or whatever. I'd argue that its best for the game though. And before Exalt pounces on this statement, the game is the most fun when it is played correctly and everybody makes an effort. Otherwise we end up with games like last round. I just really dislike habitual lurkers. I get that people have lives, and I'm more active than most because I do not have a life, but I really don't think its that difficult to make a minimal effort.
    wouldnt at least attempting to find a sub be more beneficial to town and game before just policy lynching?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

wouldnt at least attempting to find a sub be more beneficial to town and game before just policy lynching?
      Absolutely, that would be the best option 100% of the time. We're only getting 13 people signing up, and the sign up thread was open for like a week, so I just don't think that option is realistic at this point. Ph stopped texting me back so there went my hope of getting him involved again.
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• I don't know what to do with everyone basically voting self. Yes, it's a good idea because if you're town, you know you're town while not knowing others and it's a safe way. Downside though... it gets us nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
          Put your money where your mouth is. Vote willby.

a lot of people havent voted because they dont think phase change is coming. field do you have an idea yet?
          Since i seem to be the only one to give explicit answers towards the questions at hand, its your turn willby

Who would you lynch if you were elected Mayor?

How would you handle the incarcerate role if elected Marshall?

Everyone seems to be forgetting the major impact of these roles. If you want to be elected explain how your decisions in these roles is best for town.
          Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
            so exalt, you say a mass roleclaim is game breaking and that youre against it, then go on to propose a different game breaking strategy. not saying its all that scummy, follow the cop is likely the best way to handle this game if a mass roleclaim is not an option.
            It is in a way, but beyond that, it isn't even the most optimal strategy to break the game I think. Why would a Town Doctor (for example) claim for no reason, when the key to Follow the Cop is that they don't claim? It's counterproductive. Also, I'm against mass claims in any game and setup until the endgame. I don't really see the point otherwise, since good luck trying to get everyone in the game on Day 1 to agree that anyone that doesn't claim gets auto-lynched.

Also, my point to that post was to both explain what the best strategy at face value is while also explaining why I think its likely that Field balanced the game against it. Since WillBy was even recruited by Field to help review the setup, it stands to reason that Field was worried the game would be imbalanced in some way, and Follow the Cop is the first thing to balance against. It makes me highly suspicious of Undercut's claim for instance, and you picked up on the Prostitute thing.

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
            Mobile so I'm not gonna post essays but...

Really surprised at how many times Exalt can call me scummy in one paragraph. Not sure how you managed to read my obvious reference to last game as a roleclaim, especially when I joked about how it wasn't a claim. I expect that kind of play from newbies, idiots, and those hungry for a lynch.

You mention follow the cop as a busted plan, but I think (hope) field balances the rest of the roles accordingly. Now let me try to preface this clearly enough that even Exalt cant read this as something it isnt: I have no idea what roles are in the game besides my own. Everything stated here is based on reads an general knowledge of the game.

because we suddenly have 2 more night-kill proof roles, I imagine we have more than 1 killing role/faction. Mafia/SK, maybe a vig.

for the same reason, I doubt there's a protective role involved. You think follow the cop is busted? Think how crazy it would be if the doc protects the bodyguards. 3 bulletproof players

following from that, the only way to balance (and credit to zeebu for picking this up) is a mafia roleblocker. Necessarily powerful role

The primary elected role is called marshal, not sheriff. I bet we have a sheriff/cop in the game

Besides that, wed have to make some assumptions on who else lives in trenchville. Natives (SK? Tracker?) Railroad workers (Strongman, VT). I'm going to have to watch Blazing Saddles for research...
            You seem awfully defensive here. Are you saying that any Townie trying to scumhunt are newbies, idiots, and hungry for a lynch? What makes you surprised that I pay attention and look for scum, rather than just begging everyone to vote me with a 'joke claim that isn't a roleclaim' and then recanting it only after being called out for it? Paul didn't take it as a joke, because he clearly stated what his vote was about, so are you going to tell him to remove his vote now? Somehow, I highly doubt it.

I do think Follow the Cop is busted with this setup, which is exactly why I gave all the reasons why I think Field probably balanced against it, some of which you just repeated, minus a few caveats. Those reasons also place you high in my possible scum pool by default, especially with the way you keep saying stuff like this:

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
            Not so sure I agree with a lot of the above, Exalt. Marshal is a 1 shot, so as long as the player is careful, town should be fine. And just like any other game, we will likely never hit completely confirmed town status, but if we can reasonably confirm either elected role as town, we would be incredibly far ahead of previous games.
            I dont see how it will impact the game much beyond d1. Election seems like as much a shot in the dark as lynching, but this time were hoping to hit a townie. I think well get even more info from an election than a lynch.

And I've already given my campaign speech. Trustworthy, vocal, smart, town. That's about all I can give until I pull a lucky investigation out of my pocket on day 2 (in b4 "is that a roleclaim") (no)
            Leading to this:

Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Too soon, asshole.

Vote WILLBY
            Seems awfully fishy to me. Did you think this would just slip past everyone? You just called anyone who took your joke claim seriously 'newbs, idiots, and hungry for a lynch', so are you calling Paul those things? He voted for you over it suspiciously fast, and he hasn't unvoted. That's awfully quick to blindly trust someone if you ask me. Also, are you afraid to just say the word 'scum' or what? I guess it's a difficult word to use if you're mafia and don't want to ruffle any feathers, but experienced townies tend to not care who they make mad if it finds scum, so what gives?

To be completely transparent here, I'm most interested in sorting you before anyone else right now, because you're the most ambiguous, and the more you claim you're 'trustworthy, vocal, smart, town' and things like that, the more interested I am in finding out why. As a town PR last game, you clearly stated that town should be careful to not trust you blindly by following the leader, and at the start, you expressed doubt about me when I tried saving you from an early wagon, thinking maybe I was buddying you. Why the changes this game? Paul doesn't make you suspicious at all when he voted you for your 'joke', yet you are surprised when I am suspect of this? Really?
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• [VOTE COUNT]

Voth - 2 (fiS, Voth)
              WillBy - 2 (the_paul, WillBy)

Exalt - 1 (Exalt)
              Undercut - 1 (Undercut)
              Rodney - 1 (Rodney)

Missing votes: Missa, ixt, Zeebu, midoent, Scurvy, Soilderz.

Yet to post: Scurvy.
              If someone can, please notify him the game has started.
              ​​​​
              As the votes currently stand, Voth will be elected Marshall and WillBy will be elected Mayor.

Phase change:

11:30PM PST (15ish hours from now). Please make sure to get your votes in before then. I will try to provide vote counts as we get near the end. Mayor don't keep me waiting on your pick, otherwise flip will not happen until the morning.

Note to all: I make no setup changes after game starts, and I have not shared roles I've used with anyone.
              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

Since i seem to be the only one to give explicit answers towards the questions at hand, its your turn willby

Who would you lynch if you were elected Mayor?

How would you handle the incarcerate role if elected Marshall?

Everyone seems to be forgetting the major impact of these roles. If you want to be elected explain how your decisions in these roles is best for town.
                Like many, I'd be tempted to lynch inactives. However, I'd probably look at a lurker rather than an inactive. Someone who has posted less than most and their posts lack substance. Staying out of it isnt an option Someone like mido, zeebu, ixt. Not a final list just who comes to mind.

I wouldnt use marshal until I was sure about it.

and I'm not forgetting those 1-off powers, but I repeat that the 1 shots are the weakest part of the elected roles

Comment

• lynch me if u want. bored of getting townie game after game.

Comment

• sure if u want the important roles in the hands of the more experienced, that i can agree with. ill stick one in for willby

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                      lynch me if u want. bored of getting townie game after game.
                      You literally say things like these EVERY GAME. The moment someone mentions your name and mafia in the same sentence you act like a butthurt teen and say "oh just go ahead and lynch me, and then you'll see, i dont care". Zzzzzzzz
                      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                      1:soild>they can say what they like
                      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

• Ill put placeholder vote exalt
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

It is in a way, but beyond that, it isn't even the most optimal strategy to break the game I think. Why would a Town Doctor (for example) claim for no reason, when the key to Follow the Cop is that they don't claim? It's counterproductive. Also, I'm against mass claims in any game and setup until the endgame. I don't really see the point otherwise, since good luck trying to get everyone in the game on Day 1 to agree that anyone that doesn't claim gets auto-lynched.

Also, my point to that post was to both explain what the best strategy at face value is while also explaining why I think its likely that Field balanced the game against it. Since WillBy was even recruited by Field to help review the setup, it stands to reason that Field was worried the game would be imbalanced in some way, and Follow the Cop is the first thing to balance against. It makes me highly suspicious of Undercut's claim for instance, and you picked up on the Prostitute thing.

You seem awfully defensive here. Are you saying that any Townie trying to scumhunt are newbies, idiots, and hungry for a lynch? What makes you surprised that I pay attention and look for scum, rather than just begging everyone to vote me with a 'joke claim that isn't a roleclaim' and then recanting it only after being called out for it? Paul didn't take it as a joke, because he clearly stated what his vote was about, so are you going to tell him to remove his vote now? Somehow, I highly doubt it.

I do think Follow the Cop is busted with this setup, which is exactly why I gave all the reasons why I think Field probably balanced against it, some of which you just repeated, minus a few caveats. Those reasons also place you high in my possible scum pool by default, especially with the way you keep saying stuff like this:

Leading to this:

Seems awfully fishy to me. Did you think this would just slip past everyone? You just called anyone who took your joke claim seriously 'newbs, idiots, and hungry for a lynch', so are you calling Paul those things? He voted for you over it suspiciously fast, and he hasn't unvoted. That's awfully quick to blindly trust someone if you ask me. Also, are you afraid to just say the word 'scum' or what? I guess it's a difficult word to use if you're mafia and don't want to ruffle any feathers, but experienced townies tend to not care who they make mad if it finds scum, so what gives?

To be completely transparent here, I'm most interested in sorting you before anyone else right now, because you're the most ambiguous, and the more you claim you're 'trustworthy, vocal, smart, town' and things like that, the more interested I am in finding out why. As a town PR last game, you clearly stated that town should be careful to not trust you blindly by following the leader, and at the start, you expressed doubt about me when I tried saving you from an early wagon, thinking maybe I was buddying you. Why the changes this game? Paul doesn't make you suspicious at all when he voted you for your 'joke', yet you are surprised when I am suspect of this? Really?
                          I shouldn't have to do this, because unless English is your 2nd language, I have no idea how you can misread my exchange with Willby, but I will. I am 1000000% aware that Willby is joking. I do not accept or believe his "roleclaim", because I am very aware he was telling a joke. I voted for Willby because I set some fun parameters to get my original vote, because we have no information whatsoever, and Willby met it. He is one of a handful of players who can get enough votes in the first place, and he was active and played along. My vote is on Willby as a result until/unless we get anything substantial to go on. On a list of maybe 4 people with the name recognition to get votes, he was the most responsive one.

Either you seriously misread the whole exchange, or you are desperate to find a straw to grasp at. Let me also remind everybody that somebody has to win. We can all vote for ourselves to avoid Exalt's scum-meter, but then the phase will never end. I am my first choice for these roles, but I no longer have the name recognition to get one of them. Therefore it's up to one of you who does have the name recognition to earn my vote. Wild accusations like the one above with no substance have the opposite effect.
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• youre mistaken on the second part paul. this time i care less but ill throw my vote in to at least do it properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

You're the only one who "believed" the claim. So yeah, I'm calling you either an idiot, newbie, or hungry for a lynch.

paul knows that was a reference to the previous game because it was extremely obvious to him and everyone else. He voted me for the reasons you quoted me on. And I think a vote of confidence in someone is good, and not the same as blind trust.

Most importantly, I think you already knew and understand all of this, and you are hoping to make anyone crack under pressure, mafia or not, so that you can point a finger and look town, even if the lynch doesn't work out

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                                sure if u want the important roles in the hands of the more experienced, that i can agree with. ill stick one in for willby
                                Field wants bolded votes

Comment

Working...
                                X