No announcement yet.

[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man this is tough, I want to put my vote on an experienced player that can lead town to victory but I DONT TRUST ANY ONE OF YOU. The risk in giving one of these roles to scum is far too large, this leads me to an easy option as i already have one town player confirmed without a doubt

Vote: Rodney
    Big Chill

Comment

• It is becoming increasingly apparent that someone needs to take the bull by the horns to avoid a disaster of having a scum player elected to one or more of these roles. While this may mean I do not make it to the end of the game, and I may end up as a sacrificial lamb, I do think that I may have the perfect role to come out in the open with to help town navigate this sticky situation.

Why roleclaim day 1, voth? Super scummy. I know. But here is the long and short of it:

I have a role where I am literally only a help to myself. I am not a role blocker, a cop, or any other roles that may give us direct information from my night action. I can literally only help myself at night.

I am the Town Commuter. I have the ability to get out of town for the night. This protects me from all night actions directed at me. I will not go into the specifics of the duration of this ability for self preservation.

So why am I claiming this now? Because someone has to step up, and it should not be a powerful role putting themselves out there. We do not have the option of everyone analyzing half baked campaign statements and then entrusting people with the power coming from these elections. Knowing that this puts a target on me, if I am elected, I have some protection at night and if the bodyguard is eventually gone, I have my own ability to fall back on. By the time I am worried about that though, the game will be advanced enough that mafia will
      be somewhat exposed and they probably are not going to be worried about a town commuter. But if I do die later on, it will have been worth it to ensure town come out of day 1 without a huge disadvantage.

Know this. I am totally pissing the mafia off right now by pulling this. They want everyone to stay scared and they want people to vote with no information so that they can worm into being elected. Now you have someone putting concrete information out there. We cannot allow mafia to get any of these elected roles.

What else to say? Oh right...

vote voth
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• By the way, zeebu, a mass claim in this game with the day 1 election component is utterly retarded and makes you look like complete scum

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I would like to adjust my campaign speech here. I am the Town's Roleblocker. Keeping me alive at night with a bodyguard would be very beneficial to the town. I hope everyone can see this and elect me as either Mayor or Marshall.
          3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
            It is becoming increasingly apparent that someone needs to take the bull by the horns to avoid a disaster of having a scum player elected to one or more of these roles. While this may mean I do not make it to the end of the game, and I may end up as a sacrificial lamb, I do think that I may have the perfect role to come out in the open with to help town navigate this sticky situation.

Why roleclaim day 1, voth? Super scummy. I know. But here is the long and short of it:

I have a role where I am literally only a help to myself. I am not a role blocker, a cop, or any other roles that may give us direct information from my night action. I can literally only help myself at night.

I am the Town Commuter. I have the ability to get out of town for the night. This protects me from all night actions directed at me. I will not go into the specifics of the duration of this ability for self preservation.

So why am I claiming this now? Because someone has to step up, and it should not be a powerful role putting themselves out there. We do not have the option of everyone analyzing half baked campaign statements and then entrusting people with the power coming from these elections. Knowing that this puts a target on me, if I am elected, I have some protection at night and if the bodyguard is eventually gone, I have my own ability to fall back on. By the time I am worried about that though, the game will be advanced enough that mafia will
            be somewhat exposed and they probably are not going to be worried about a town commuter. But if I do die later on, it will have been worth it to ensure town come out of day 1 without a huge disadvantage.

Know this. I am totally pissing the mafia off right now by pulling this. They want everyone to stay scared and they want people to vote with no information so that they can worm into being elected. Now you have someone putting concrete information out there. We cannot allow mafia to get any of these elected roles.

What else to say? Oh right...

vote voth
            why would commuter need night protection as a mayor or marshall? How can a commuter help town with their confirmed night actions in any way? Seriously your roleclaim here is probably the worst candidate for one of the elected positions. You would get off no beneficial and protected actions that could supply town with any leads whatsoever.. Why did you do this...?
            Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Undercut View Post
              I would like to adjust my campaign speech here. I am the Town's Roleblocker. Keeping me alive at night with a bodyguard would be very beneficial to the town. I hope everyone can see this and elect me as either Mayor or Marshall.
              This seems like a scum move after you watch Voth claim a role gunning to be elected, roleblocker is an easy role to be counter claimed however im sure you know that. You know that it would out the real town roleblocker on day 1 to counter claim you...
              Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

why would commuter need night protection as a mayor or marshall? How can a commuter help town with their confirmed night actions in any way? Seriously your roleclaim here is probably the worst candidate for one of the elected positions. You would get off no beneficial and protected actions that could supply town with any leads whatsoever.. Why did you do this...?
                Super scummy to come at me like that, unless you haven?t thought this through. First priority is making sure these elected positions do not fall into mafia hands. Assuming the elected positions do not fall into mafia hands, we can play out the game as normal. Sure, would it be nice for a power role to have the added protection? Of course. But anyone pro-town does not want them to come out on Day 1, it is moronic... enter Undercut. If he is the town roleblocker, he is an idiot. I am leaning towards scum, though.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Super scummy to come at me like that, unless you haven?t thought this through. First priority is making sure these elected positions do not fall into mafia hands. Assuming the elected positions do not fall into mafia hands, we can play out the game as normal. Sure, would it be nice for a power role to have the added protection? Of course. But anyone pro-town does not want them to come out on Day 1, it is moronic... enter Undercut. If he is the town roleblocker, he is an idiot. I am leaning towards scum, though.
                  its not scummy in any regard to question you and your motives, this is day 1 for christ sake. I agree 3000% that we need to keep the roles out of the hands of scum and i also agree with how scummy undercut just made himself look. What im saying is there is no way to verify that you are actually town with any night action results. A power role in the position would be able to give us a clear lead for example:

Mayor/Marshall : "I investigated Voth last night he is scum!"
                  Everyone votes voth, voth flips scum, mayor marshall is confirmed townie that we can lean on

A commuter as mayor marshall does not confirm you at all to be town, ever... we will never be able to trust you or your claims and you will offer no leads for us to lean on to confirm you. If you are actually Town Commuter i think this was a bad play by you imo
                  Big Chill

Comment

• Yeah Undercut seems like hes trying to bait someone out.. then again, he seemed a little smart for that.

So now our choices are not voting for him because he could be mafia trying to get someone else to claim, which would just get one of them possibly mislynched or nightkilled. Seems like he is normally a little smarter than that, though.

Alternatively, he has FORCED us to vote him in if he is really who he claims to be. We risk losing a major town player if he is the role blocker. Also, this would grant our role blocker protection from being killed in the night, it sounds. Which seems like the smart, experienced player move.

IF his role claim is truthful, is this one of the more important roles to put in this position? What do we think?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

its not scummy in any regard to question you and your motives, this is day 1 for christ sake. I agree 3000% that we need to keep the roles out of the hands of scum and i also agree with how scummy undercut just made himself look. What im saying is there is no way to verify that you are actually town with any night action results. A power role in the position would be able to give us a clear lead for example:

Mayor/Marshall : "I investigated Voth last night he is scum!"
                      Everyone votes voth, voth flips scum, mayor marshall is confirmed townie that we can lean on

A commuter as mayor marshall does not confirm you at all to be town, ever... we will never be able to trust you or your claims and you will offer no leads for us to lean on to confirm you. If you are actually Town Commuter i think this was a bad play by you imo
                      That is a worthy trade off in my opinion... I would rather put myself out there and avoid the possibility of at least one scum getting elected into one of these roles. I see what you are saying about me getting confirmed, though that is only one narrow scenario for getting confirmed as town. Not to mention, many games go the distance with several townies never being
                      100% confirmed...

Let me be very clear on my motive. It is the one and
                      only notice that anyone should have at this point:

Making sure that we do not elect scum into these positions.

If that means that we are not getting the benefit
                      of a power role being protected, so be it, as long as it means that we are not electing scum.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• with my assigned role rather not be in the position to have an added important duty, kthnx

Comment

• Yeah there?s not a snowballs chance in hell that I elect voth for anything. That claim is terrible.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                            Yeah there?s not a snowballs chance in hell that I elect voth for anything. That claim is terrible.
                            Right, why would you when instead you can float a mass roleclaim on Day 1 when we have to elect two hugely powerful roles? I mean, which scenario benefits you and your scum buddies more? I would want to out the town power roles too.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I mean I might vote him to be mafia at some point but yeah, sounded very scum to me. If you remember I was not asking people to start claiming all Willy nilly, i wanted an orderly claim. Voth struck down my mass claim idea and then claimed a role that can only get night killed if they get role blocked anyway. Seems pretty dumb. I won?t be voting for him for mayor or Marshall

Comment

• I think the math adds up with a mass role claim. The point is not that we have to elect the strongest power roles, the point is to elect the roles that are definitely town. Getting town ahold of both of those roles gives a huge advantage. Nothing will be confirmed of course but with a role claim, especially an orderly one will allow a one by one claim. We will be able to look at what?s claimed and counterclaimed. If anything is counterclaimed we know that we can?t select either of them. If one dies during the night we kill the other. After that we look at the game and the claims and we piece together a balanced game. Goofy ass roles that seem like they wouldn?t fit the game get scrutinized.

Comment

Working...
                                X