Next event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next event?

We should certainly take a break after this event and holidays coming up etc, but what do we want to do after said break?

You can vote for more than one option.
    TWL
    11.54%
    TWDT
    76.92%
    Something else
    7.69%
    You're awful at the game, your google sheets smell, and this poll sucks more ass than your mom!
    7.69%
    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
    rEnZi> its crazy
    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

turretwars
    1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
    1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
    1:Sir Spider> at least on me
    1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

No star cap TWDT would be fine but I wouldnt want a regular twdt
      Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
      Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
      mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
      Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

Should maybe judge if there's any interest in a very short TWEL on the back of TSL. Maybe follow that up with DT.

Or let's have a short EG baseduel league.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I think most vets I've spoken to are expecting TWDT in late January or early February, with a short, tightly scheduled TWL to follow.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Pretty sure that is the plan; DT followed by TWL. We still want to see what the public wants so that's why the poll. Also hopefully helps generate interest before everyone goes inactive again.
            rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
            rEnZi> its crazy
            rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

go twdt and pm the bot !signup to register for dt it's already reset and someone will make a post for it eventually
              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Steadman View Post
                No star cap TWDT would be fine but I wouldnt want a regular twdt
                just please call the league something other than twdt. the cap is what makes twdt what it is. if you remove the cap, that is fine, just call it something else.

also, i know the league would be missing extremely little, but i doubt i would sign up for a league like that. its a draft but with only high level players. that is fine, but twdt is meant to be inclusive. so just call it something else.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

or get good... what an idea i know.

twdt is stale, a DT with no star cap with enough teams wouldn't be a stack fest. the teams would be watered down due to sheer # of teams. it would just probably eliminate the 6* shitter ever seeing play time which is a win since those people don't actively play tw and have been ruining DT games for years.

TWL there is always like 3-4 or favorites... there's no way a no star cap DT would lead to 'only high level players' if there are 8-10 teams.

Comment

hey im just one person with one opinion, its not going to stop anyone from doing what they want to do.

Comment

i'm just disputing your argument as being bad.. that's all. if you'd like to comment on any of the points I brought up we can have a discussion.

it's also called trench wars DRAFT league, not trench wars star cap inclusive league. the league boils down to one thing: find the underrated players. it doesn't mean every average player gets to play, this isn't the case. as it stands right now the high star players play, then underrated low *s play. Fairly rated 7* or 8* players find themselves on the bench more times than not due to the star cap.

Comment

its been a pretty inclusive league. thats my argument, i like that aspect of it. just because it wasnt in the acronym doesnt mean that it hasnt been the case for the previous X number of seasons. i will agree that if there are 10 teams, it likely wont make too much of a difference.

just because i like the current format of how twdt is run doesnt make it a bad argument. but, im a low star and not interested in capping anything. disregarding my opinion is fine with me. saying its a bad argument because of the way i prefer it is silly.

Comment

Could simply run older TWDT format with star slots restricting lineups. Two slots for 9-star or higher, one for 8.5 or lower, and two for 7.5 or lower as an example for dueling leagues.

Comment

or just raise the cap a star or two which kind of makes sense with the inflation of ratings over the past few seasons
                            Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Just run DT with more teams. Every season its the same, too many players on too little teams and that means high stars get screwed along with everyone else but no one cares about anyone 8 and below so those guys aren't even acknowledged when they complain about being benched. Also, stop doing leagues on Sundays and giving hockey zone precedent over TWD which is probably the sole reason we don't do leagues on Friday/Saturdays because hockey zone does their leagues on those nights/days. Lastly, miss you nerds and hope you all have a very nice holiday season! Thanks for hearing me out. Much love.

-ix

Comment

Working...
                              X