This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off-topic, but still TWEL related:

Maketso vs. Shock Therapy (TWEL-J) ended up with Maketso winning. Shock Therapy complained about "lag" and they got a replay match thanks to that.

Shouldn't there be a replay for Ease vs. Apok in TWEL-D then? It's basically the same thing, Ease "lagged" his way to victory.

:wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Broly View Post
      Because all lagouts are always planned.

Hi Exalt. Didn't know these were "your" forums.
      they are my forums when cheating newbies like you enter them and think you can speak with authority
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

is all of quake going to cry about apok's duel? jesus

apok isnt even a 1v1 type player, he is a team 4v4 5v5 type player... he was expected to lose anyway
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          they are my forums when cheating newbies like you enter them and think you can speak with authority
          Girl if it's alright,
          100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            never even heard of u before, stfu jesus, tired of seeing your newbie cheating ass name on my forums
            Exalt: The Antagonizer http://www.pcworld.com/article/16373...ne_forums.html

Comment

Look, there's no direct evidence here, we all know that - what we're left with is the whole "he said (s)he said" shitstorm that never seems to resolve itself.

So what can we do? Reputation comes into play here - Apok and Ease have both been around for a long fking time and both are pretty immaculate when it comes to reputation and honesty in the game. So when you got someone like Apok making such a big fking deal about all this, chances are something did happen. Ease admits he lagged out when he was in the corner, and as ignite has pointed out, Ease doesn't lag out all that much. Could it have been a freak occurrence? Sure. Could we do anything even if Ease intentionally spectated to escape the death? The rules do not define this, so we have to either reinterpret a current rule, or make a judgment call, based on the spirit of the rules.

Why are the rules there in the first place? To make sure that the game is played as it was intended, a battle of skill and tactics, not a battle to see who can exploit loopholes in the rulebook. And in this case, the lagout, intentional or not, clearly had an effect on the outcome of the game. Rule or not, that's all there is to it, and because the match was decided because of something independent of skill, the match should be replayed.

As we've consistently seen over and over throughout TWL and other leagues, the rules are imperfect, and frequently leave out things that may occur. What's important is not to nitpick every single rule; what's important is that we understand why the rules are there in the first place, and to get it right.

And in this case, the right thing is to replay the match.
              Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                Look, there's no direct evidence here, we all know that - what we're left with is the whole "he said (s)he said" shitstorm that never seems to resolve itself.

So what can we do? Reputation comes into play here - Apok and Ease have both been around for a long fking time and both are pretty immaculate when it comes to reputation and honesty in the game. So when you got someone like Apok making such a big fking deal about all this, chances are something did happen. Ease admits he lagged out when he was in the corner, and as ignite has pointed out, Ease doesn't lag out all that much. Could it have been a freak occurrence? Sure. Could we do anything even if Ease intentionally spectated to escape the death? The rules do not define this, so we have to either reinterpret a current rule, or make a judgment call, based on the spirit of the rules.

Why are the rules there in the first place? To make sure that the game is played as it was intended, a battle of skill and tactics, not a battle to see who can exploit loopholes in the rulebook. And in this case, the lagout, intentional or not, clearly had an effect on the outcome of the game. Rule or not, that's all there is to it, and because the match was decided because of something independent of skill, the match should be replayed.

As we've consistently seen over and over throughout TWL and other leagues, the rules are imperfect, and frequently leave out things that may occur. What's important is not to nitpick every single rule; what's important is that we understand why the rules are there in the first place, and to get it right.

And in this case, the right thing is to replay the match.
                :up: Best post in this entire thread, thanks for being coherent and unbiased. Although I don't exactly agree 100% in the way you've come to the conclusion of a replay, I think there should be a replay none the less.
                Girl if it's alright,
                100%.

Comment

why are the playoffs just 1 duel btw?
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

lol fun how ppl take this so seriously and complain complain complain.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

omg, eased quit the game to avoid a death .. ban him !

Comment

Shock Therapy ALWAYS complains about lag... and I'm not even kidding like every time I have seen him in belimbeta and someone kills him he goes lol newbie lag or sumthing and i wanna akjdlaksj wufkicnun LAGlkjlskjlkj FUK;lk.
                        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                          Shock Therapy ALWAYS complains about lag... and I'm not even kidding like every time I have seen him in belimbeta and someone kills him he goes lol newbie lag or sumthing and i wanna akjdlaksj wufkicnun LAGlkjlskjlkj FUK;lk.
                          Thanks for pointing out something obvious as that. ;P

Comment

First of all, Ignite, you seriously need to stop jumping on everybodys dick when it comes to someone on your squad not winning something.

Second, I'm sure it was you and your squadmates that were spamming ease in the first place.

Third, the TWEL Ops and myself are going to review the info we have recieved and come to a conclusion.
                            Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
                            3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
                            1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
                            1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
                            1:Markmrw> :O
                            1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by PureOwnage View Post
                              First of all, Ignite, you seriously need to stop jumping on everybodys dick when it comes to someone on your squad not winning something.

Second, I'm sure it was you and your squadmates that were spamming ease in the first place.

Third, the TWEL Ops and myself are going to review the info we have recieved and come to a conclusion.
                              I wasn't even in Trench Wars and had no idea about the duel's occurence, you can see that in the screenshot I have provided. Anyways, this has nothing to do with me or my immense popularity in TW, I have presented you with facts and of course I'm going to defend Apok. He's my squaddie and my best friend in this game.

p.s. the fact that the first thing you do in a situation completely separate from ignite is mention my name and accuse me of wrong doing speaks loads on your amount of bias regarding your competence in fairly arbitrating this matter.

Thanks for your time.
                              Last edited by ignite ignite; 06-10-2009, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
                                He's my squaddie and my best friend in this game.
                                HEY what does that make ME?
                                Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Working...
                                X