This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to last night, since all other threads discussing it were closed

There really should be some sort of protocol regarding whether a forum topic should be closed or not. It should not be up to the discretion of a single person to decide whether others are allowed to discuss a nontoxic, mostly inconsequential topic. To be honest, kind of feels like people were being shut up for some reason, and I hope that is not Ogron's intention because it would be very odd odd given the extremely benign, noncompetitive, nonserious nature of this filler league, which is only being played to increase activity.

If it wasn't already explicitly stated, last night games were ultimately a complete waste of everyone's time and should be omitted from record. I honestly think the games shouldn't be remembered, they were very clearly shit. Over 50% of the population that logged in at 9pm were gone by the time the 930pm games were played. Yes, everyone makes playoffs, and yes, Ogron you had a statistically pleasing 40-2 show which will likely have a >90 game score for your record book, so keep that if you want I guess, but it was very obviously a sham/throwaway game and I think the remaining statistics should be thrown away. If an argument is going to be made against me saying, "oh well it's one game, the stats don't matter, let's keep it," well, then I will preemptively say, "if the stats don't matter, then keeping them on record shouldn't, either. Throw them out." Goes both ways.

Just my 2 cents. I'd just scrap last night all together and forget it happened since most other games this season have been pretty good and last night was not an accurate depiction of the integrity of this for-fun league.

For those who weren't there, what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      There was horrific server lag around 9pm. 70-80 people showed up to play. Games postponed, server recycled. Lag better when we reconvene at 930. Now about 40ish were people online. No one really wanted to it seemed, but games were played, whatever, and they were atrocious (I just suicided for 20 minutes, really). Someone said that one of the caps said they didn't want to play round 2. No definitive decision was made, and people then slow faded offline after game 1. Game 2 was not played. Night ended.

Comment

1. WBM told me point blank his team would forfeit the 2nd game against us, giving us a 15-0 win. The league had to play a 1-game night either this week or next, and given the lag issues, delays, and circumstances, I chose last night as the time to shut it down. After I said the 2nd set of games were canceled and people logged, WBM changed his mind and people got mad there were no second games. I can't change the decision after people log thinking there aren't second games.

2. Monster got their shit kicked in by my team in the 1st game, and were all pissy at each other (which you can see in Porkjet's video), and then RUCCI pms me demanding that his loss doesn't count if the 2nd set of games are delayed.

3. Guess who the main people creating drama over a minor scheduling shift are?

Code:
        Gods wins this game!
        [BASINGCUP]  Gods vs. Monsters             15:00 - 6:18                         15 Apr 2020 01:59:27
        ,-------------------,-------K-----D----TK---FT--TeKs--RPD----Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
        | Gods             /       414 | 385 |  5 | 11 |  9 | 2.9 | 4094 | 0 | Win (+8:42)           21:22 |
        |-----------------'            |     |    |    |    |     |      |   |                             |
        |  Apocalypse WOW!          50 |  43 |    |  1 |    |     |  504 |   |                             |
        |  Dad                      44 |  32 |    |  1 |    |     |  482 |   |                             |
        | *hellkite                 95 |  38 |    |    |  3 |     |  670 |   |                             |
        |  Markmrw           (S)    13 |  94 |  2 |  1 |  1 | 2.9 |  358 |   |                             |
        |  ogron             =T=    40 |   2 |    |  1 |  3 |     |  500 |   |                             |
        |  Poseidon                 78 |  37 |    |  1 |  1 |     |  607 |   |                             |
        |  spacedust                84 |  49 |    |  4 |  1 |     |  629 |   |                             |
        |  zidane            (S)    10 |  90 |  3 |  2 |    | 3.0 |  344 |   |                             |
        +-------------------,----------+-----+----+----+----+-----+------+---+-----------------------------+
        | Monsters         /       380 | 418 |  4 | 11 |  2 | 2.8 |  259 | 0 | Lose (-8:42)          21:22 |
        |-----------------'            |     |    |    |    |     |      |   |                             |
        |  Banks                    89 |  48 |    |  1 |  1 |     |  126 |   |                             |
        |  fire phoenix             72 |  50 |    |  2 |    |     |   63 |   |                             |
        |  porkjet           (S)     5 |  91 |  0 |  4 |    | 2.7 |    1 |   |                             |
        |  Pressure          =T=    28 |   9 |    |    |    |     |    1 |   |                             |
        |  RageRitual               65 |  35 |    |  1 |    |     |   38 |   |                             |
        |  RUCCI                    58 |  43 |    |    |    |     |   11 |   |                             |
        |  Terminator 17.5          60 |  51 |    |    |  1 |     |   18 |   |                             |
        |  the_paul          (S)     3 |  91 |  4 |  3 |    | 2.9 |    1 |   |                             |
        `------------------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---S=SWITCH---'
        MVP: hellkite!
        I've never seen such a bunch of complete babies and sore losers demanding their loss be undone.

My team went 0-4 last week and got dunked playing awful lines, and none of us complained.

We had to have a 1-game night, and this was a good opportunity to cash in so that we can play 2-games each night the rest of the way.

You've created bullshit over a Basing Cup scheduling shift because you lost a game. I shut that thread down because I don't wanna engage in fucking forum drama over it, but apparently Monsters entire roster seems intent on pushing the issue, so here we are.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          1. WBM told me point blank his team would forfeit the 2nd game against us, giving us a 15-0 win. The league had to play a 1-game night either this week or next, and given the lag issues, delays, and circumstances, I chose last night as the time to shut it down. After I said the 2nd set of games were canceled and people logged, WBM changed his mind and people got mad there were no second games. I can't change the decision after people log thinking there aren't second games.

2. Monster got their shit kicked in by my team in the 1st game, and were all pissy at each other (which you can see in Porkjet's video), and then RUCCI pms me demanding that his loss doesn't count if the 2nd set of games are delayed.

3. Guess who the main people creating drama over a minor scheduling shift are?

Code:
          Gods wins this game!
          [BASINGCUP] Gods vs. Monsters 15:00 - 6:18 15 Apr 2020 01:59:27
          ,-------------------,-------K-----D----TK---FT--TeKs--RPD----Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
          | Gods / 414 | 385 | 5 | 11 | 9 | 2.9 | 4094 | 0 | Win (+8:42) 21:22 |
          |-----------------' | | | | | | | | |
          | Apocalypse WOW! 50 | 43 | | 1 | | | 504 | | |
          | Dad 44 | 32 | | 1 | | | 482 | | |
          | *hellkite 95 | 38 | | | 3 | | 670 | | |
          | Markmrw (S) 13 | 94 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 2.9 | 358 | | |
          | ogron =T= 40 | 2 | | 1 | 3 | | 500 | | |
          | Poseidon 78 | 37 | | 1 | 1 | | 607 | | |
          | spacedust 84 | 49 | | 4 | 1 | | 629 | | |
          | zidane (S) 10 | 90 | 3 | 2 | | 3.0 | 344 | | |
          +-------------------,----------+-----+----+----+----+-----+------+---+-----------------------------+
          | Monsters / 380 | 418 | 4 | 11 | 2 | 2.8 | 259 | 0 | Lose (-8:42) 21:22 |
          |-----------------' | | | | | | | | |
          | Banks 89 | 48 | | 1 | 1 | | 126 | | |
          | fire phoenix 72 | 50 | | 2 | | | 63 | | |
          | porkjet (S) 5 | 91 | 0 | 4 | | 2.7 | 1 | | |
          |  Pressure =T= 28 | 9 | | | | | 1 | | |
          | RageRitual 65 | 35 | | 1 | | | 38 | | |
          | RUCCI 58 | 43 | | | | | 11 | | |
          | Terminator 17.5 60 | 51 | | | 1 | | 18 | | |
          | the_paul (S) 3 | 91 | 4 | 3 | | 2.9 | 1 | | |
          `------------------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---S=SWITCH---'
          MVP: hellkite!
          I've never seen such a bunch of complete babies and sore losers demanding their loss be undone.

My team went 0-4 last week and got dunked playing awful lines, and none of us complained.

We had to have a 1-game night, and this was a good opportunity to cash in so that we can play 2-games each night the rest of the way.

You've created bullshit over a Basing Cup scheduling shift because you lost a game. I shut that thread down because I don't wanna engage in fucking forum drama over it, but apparently Monsters entire roster seems intent on pushing the issue, so here we are.
          Oh it was just monsters? That's weird, all 4 captains said that they did not say to cancel the 2nd round. Poseidon said he would cancel if the other captain wanted to, but he didn't care either way. Also, you're conveniently forgetting the fact the people followed you into the twlb arena to ask you what was happening, and that numerous ?help calls were done about what was happening because of your refusal to answer any questions.

So, to be clear, are you saying that WBM is lying about what he said? I'd like you to be clear on that, because you are very obviously lying about there only having been 3 complaints total and that all were on Monsters. I talked to every captain myself except for WBM and they were all 3 confused about how you made that decision and how you said "a majority of captains" wanted to cancel. Out of the 3, only Poseidon had even been asked. I was also in the twlb arena watching people riot because of your unilateral decision. You chose to run this league, stop lying to try to create a false narrative, and just own up to what happened and answer the questions. It's not that hard.

Also, the bolded part of your response is the laziest possible answer. The games started late in the first place, and plenty of Euros stuck around to play the 2nd game. The captains weren't even told what was going on, if any of them happened to miss your 1 line cancellation in pub chat right after game 1 ended in ?go basingcup, they would have had no idea. Don't try to act like this was all some fortunate happenstance that worked out for everybody, because it wasn't.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            I'll copy and paste my exact post in the thread that got locked immediately. I cannot quote it since it got locked but the post is here: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...games-9-and-10

Claushouse what the hell happened tonight?

ogron> bunch of caps and ppl asking for 2nd set of games to be canceled
            ogron> so gonna do that

:Poseidon:did you agree to cancel 2nd basing cup game?
            (Poseidon)>i agree 2 it if other team wants but my team can field 8 but i have rshl game personally

RUCCI> I was not asked.
            tj hazuki> i wasnt either rucci

wbm> i said cancel beginning of game #1
            wbm> but didnt say sht about game 2

So there are 4 caps, and all 4 have said that they either weren't asked or didn't say to cancel. So what happened? Rucci PrOnEsSim wbm Poseidon have all said specifically that they didn't want to cancel. So A) why did you cancel and tell people that it was because the caps asked to?, and B) If round 2 was cancelled on a whim, the first game will clearly not be counted either, correct? I tried multiple help calls and it sounds like multiple people tried to get a hold of you, and no answer. What is Rucci supposed to tell the people that stuck around because there were 2 games scheduled, like MHz, RageRitual, Banks, and Pressure?

I'd love to hear whats going on here, because right now it sounds like you didn't feel like setting up 2 games and you took your ball and went home and shit on the other 31 players who would have played. Can we get some answers to what happened, because right now this seems like a load of horseshit.

RUCCI> ..... gron:Uh I lost game 1 with a horrible line, game 2 goes or game 1 doesnt count makes sense.
            RUCCI> ...gron:You didnt even ask me
            RUCCI> (ogron)>shut the fuck up man
            RUCCI> (ogron)>who the fuck do u think u r talkiong to me like that

That was apparently the only answer anybody got out of you, what the fuck?

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

the_paul,

Anything other than WBM telling me his team likely can't stay for the 2nd game due to delays and would forfeit is flat out untrue.

I don't need permission from caps, I run the league and I make the best possible decisions I can. My understanding was that WBM's team would forfeit, meaning 50% of the league wouldn't have a game to play. I thought Poseidon and others were leaning in a similar direction, and heard comments in chat about being tired, etc. and made what I felt was the right call, particularly since there was a night we could only play 1 game due to the odd number of games 4 teams play and the even number of days we play per week after the TWDT delay. TJ Hazuki and RUCCI's opinions on the matter are irrelevant if half the league can't play, and therefore didn't consult them.

Once I made the decision and players logged, that's a wrap. You can't get those players back online. Given we had to play a 1-game night, this was the best possible decision. Use it on the night where there's huge lag issues and delays and poor turnout.

That you've decided to create a mountain out of a molehill mostly stems from the fact you hate me and that you got your ass handed to you in the first game, and you're sore losers.

As usual, forums is the only place where bad players can compete and need to create drama and attack people because they can't win in-game. Nobody good at this game would ever write the atrocious novel like you did over a regular-season Basing Cup game being shifted to a different night.

You're just a bitter scrub looking for an excuse to lash out at someone who thinks you're genuinely bad at this game and told you so to your face, and 2 months later you're still unable to deal with it.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

why does anyone even care lol... reg season in a basingcup where all teams make playoffs. should be more concerned with fixing servers & appreciative that people even run these leagues in the 1st place.

Comment

the_paul,

Anything other than WBM telling me his team likely can't stay for the 2nd game due to delays and would forfeit is flat out untrue.

I don't need permission from caps, I run the league and I make the best possible decisions I can. My understanding was that WBM's team would forfeit, meaning 50% of the league wouldn't have a game to play. I thought Poseidon and others were leaning in a similar direction, and heard comments in chat about being tired, etc. and made what I felt was the right call, particularly since there was a night we could only play 1 game due to the odd number of games 4 teams play and the even number of days we play per week after the TWDT delay. TJ Hazuki and RUCCI's opinions on the matter are irrelevant if half the league can't play, and therefore didn't consult them.

Once I made the decision and players logged, that's a wrap. You can't get those players back online. Given we had to play a 1-game night, this was the best possible decision. Use it on the night where there's huge lag issues and delays and poor turnout.

That you've decided to create a mountain out of a molehill mostly stems from the fact you hate me and that you got your ass handed to you in the first game, and you're sore losers.

As usual, forums is the only place where bad players can compete and need to create drama and attack people because they can't win in-game. Nobody good at this game would ever write the atrocious novel like you did over a regular-season Basing Cup game being shifted to a different night.

You're just a bitter scrub looking for an excuse to lash out at someone who thinks you're genuinely bad at this game and told you so to your face, and 2 months later you're still unable to deal with it.
                  Whats funny is the bolded part is actually a great answer, and would have gotten ahead of all of this. Why didn't you just say this to rucci and the other caps last night instead of telling them to go fuck themselves when they asked you a question? I don't know what world you live in where you can provide the answers you did last night and not expect people to get upset about it, but it certainly isn't the real world. You should try the honest explanation first ahead of time, and leave the tough guy act for later.

As for the second part of your tirade, it's hilarious. You can hear on the game recording that I say I'm bad lol. I like to play the game, I'm obviously trying to win, but I'm not deluded enough to think I'm the best player in the game, and I don't have an irl breakdown over every loss. I don't give a shit about you, and I've told you this. I don't hate you, I genuinely could not care less either way. And if you think I freak out every loss, I'd invite you to explore the possibility that not everybody takes every single in game event as personally as you do. For a lot of us, it's still just a game. And by the way, you didn't tell me I was bad. You put on ?ignore after I PMed you to wake up when a bd started, and then said that Voth is a good friend of mine. I'm not sure where you picked up the habit of trying to create your own narrative that is a flat out lie, but that is something else you should consider putting an end to.

Next time, just try being better. And I'm not talking about whatever rec you put up in whatever ship you play.

Comment

I didn't respond to RUCCI with the actual answer because his opening line to a volunteer doing his best was "IF GAME 2 IS DELAYED YOU'RE REMOVING MY GAME 1 LOSS".

You're not getting a proper response with that.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Ogron is the last person who should be running anything. Guys too hot headed and too up his own ass about literally anything to do with this game. Kill basing cup and kill the zone please.
                      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

heard dice chat bullied you off this game. you logged or quit mid-game 5 out of 8 games in basing cup, then quit in your team halfway through TWDT-B semi-finals. everyone was nothing but nice to you on fire, and you quit cuz dice nerds making fun of you for it, then shit talk us and try to backstab us and take our players without saying a word to anyone.

good job quitting on your basing cup, your TWL team, and your TWDT team -- congrats on not honoring any of your commitments and fucking over your teammates.

you're a shitty teammate. you can't finish a single league game, but you can finish reading this entire thread. good stuff.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

You know I remember pm'ing you and asking you in a chat if the night was going to be cancelled due to lag. No reply anywhere. Like most people I figured it was a bust and logged out. I only even showed up because someone happened to have my phone number and sent me a text. Then without any reason handed out you cancelled the second game. We appreciate (or at least I do) the fact that you took the initiative to attempt running this. However the complete lack of communication is a big problem.

The entire night should have just been rescheduled. Yes it is only a season match, but it's the principle of it, it's not about weather we won or lost.
                          Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                          (10 seconds later)
                          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

From the beginning of Game 1 I wanted to cancel for the day not knowing if the server was good or not and the delay we had. I've talked to Ogron before any game was played and told him that some of my players may not make it for GAME 2 since we started late. I also said, if we can't field players then I would likely to forfeit GAME 2. However, after GAME 1 ended it seemed like everyone wanted to play but I was not confident that I can field 8 players since I only had 9 on chat (with 2-3 euros) so I agreed to cancel GAME 2 in blue chat after GAME 1 was done. It seemed like people on my team were willing to play at that point which caused a bit of confusion so I went to ?go twlb to find Ogron after Game 1 was done and asked him if it was canceled to get confirmation. He said yes its canceled. So I end up telling everyone in my team that GAME 2 was 100% canceled.

wbm> i said cancel beginning of game #1
                            wbm> but didnt say sht about game 2

I suppose I did say some shit for GAME 2 but it was before Game 1 started not knowing if I can field the team for game 2. My fault for that.

We all made it to the playoffs so I don't understand why is there a big fuss about this - about the scoring, games, whose right or wrong.

Don't we all just want to play some high level basing games here!?

See you guys in the playoffs, my team gunna whoop your asses.

Comment

heard dice chat bullied you off this game. you logged or quit mid-game 5 out of 8 games in basing cup, then quit in your team halfway through TWDT-B semi-finals. everyone was nothing but nice to you on fire, and you quit cuz dice nerds making fun of you for it, then shit talk us and try to backstab us and take our players without saying a word to anyone.

good job quitting on your basing cup, your TWL team, and your TWDT team -- congrats on not honoring any of your commitments and fucking over your teammates.

you're a shitty teammate. you can't finish a single league game, but you can finish reading this entire thread. good stuff.
                              i started quitting midgame/stopped coming on cause i was getting too bored every game and couldn't motivate myself to try at all. ask my squadmates/poseidon/whoever, yeah it's shitty of me but whatever, i don't feel like playing a game lol also game isn't fun with people like you and cripple in it, sue me for it. bunch of weird people who take this dead game and their "titles" way too seriously. been going through my own stuff irl that has been making me act erratic, so i felt i should take a step back to deal with that as well. you guys were nice to me, i never shit talked (except to you because, i mean, it's you lol) and i'm not backstabbing anyone. i'm not on any squad and don't plan on being on one til twl (if i decide i even wanna play). i am a shitty teammate and a shitty person. suck my left nut, claus.
                              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Working...
                              X