2009 * Rating Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    if 8 is a twl starter 9 is a twl impact player and 7 is a player who only played 1-2 twl games

then why the fuck are me and kk 7s? stupid rankings really, but it doesnt matter

with the way some people are ranked, its obvious a lot of players don't know how to judge other players' skill levels
    from: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...67&postcount=8
    6 = impact TWD player/ started 1 or 2 games TWL games
    7 = consistent TWL starter
    8 = impact player
    9 = top 10 in league
    10 = top 3-5 in league

Kid Kaos was 65-76 last season in TWL, so 7 is a fair ranking
    Exalt was 84-74 so you could argue he's an 8 or a 7, depending on your definition of "impact"

Cres, 7 is consistent TWL starter, what squad have you started for again?
    You're lucky to get a 6 considering you don't even average 1:1 in TWD (http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/85291/stats) but according to: http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?...&sb.x=6&sb.y=6 you're using 1280x800 resolution so how can you expect to be near as good as the players who use 1280x1024 and see over 25% more of the screen?

Overall the ratings a pretty good, not perfect but almost no one is more than 1 rating point off where they should be.

Comment

• Why do you ppl care so much about those ratings LOL
      its not like a number will define how good u play

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt View Post
        from: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...67&postcount=8
        6 = impact TWD player/ started 1 or 2 games TWL games
        7 = consistent TWL starter
        8 = impact player
        9 = top 10 in league
        10 = top 3-5 in league

Exalt was 84-74 so you could argue he's an 8 or a 7, depending on your definition of "impact"

You're lucky to get a 6 considering you don't even average 1:1 in TWD (http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/85291/stats) but according to: http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?...&sb.x=6&sb.y=6 you're using 1280x800 resolution so how can you expect to be near as good as the players who use 1280x1024 and see over 25% more of the screen?

Overall the ratings a pretty good, not perfect but almost no one is more than 1 rating point off where they should be.

this is why burnt was asked to captain again
        Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

• I should be 4-3-4 (bottom of the list! )

Comment

• I only started like 2 games for dynasty including the twld playoff vs HEAVY. Most of the rest are from sub-ins. I was not very active for most of last TWL.
            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

define "impact" for me burnt I mvped for my team almost every game, carried a big game when i needed to that would've decided playoffs or not when my team was struggling, and basically was alone with unabled when geio left midseason, rest of the squad was inactive, and kk was rusty, and managed to take the squad to playoffs, I think i did fairly well... oh and was top 5 in twl stats in wb, although I dont really care if im a 7 or 8 in twdt, but the point was worth mentioning that I disagreed, and another post I read said 7 was a player who started like 2 twl games and 8 was reg twl starter... so its why i was wondering wtf was up

Originally posted by Burnt View Post

i'll agree, most players are around where they should be, or only 1 point off

some are a little overrated, but they are overrated despite twdt, not because of it, so its fine

in defense to cres though, most of evil isn't even 1:1 or is barely 1:1 in twd average too, but I'm sure cres probably cares a little more since he is a newer up and coming player
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

but I'm sure cres probably cares a little more since he is a newer up and coming player
                so why do you care so much? lol
                Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

• Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                  so why do you care so much? lol
                  was talking about the twd average at the time, twl i do care about though, and probably will see me care a lot more now with ladder reset
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• I am looking to have the ratings done by this Sunday for the caps. Apps in order to be eligible for the draft are closing come Friday. If you're submitting ratings then do it soon. Also Exalt, I think you have defended yourself enough, if you prove you're good in the season then it will pay off next season when it is stat based twlm style. I would prefer if this remains slightly on topic, although I know ego bruising must occur and I have allowed for flex room.
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

• I just dont think megaman89 deserves a 8* rating in wb especially if you are basing thise on last twld stats. The fact that dice wasnt even in TWLD last year is the main point... he didnt play a single game. so how was he a impact twld player?
                      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Kaos View Post
                        I just dont think megaman89 deserves a 8* rating in wb especially if you are basing thise on last twld stats. The fact that dice wasnt even in TWLD last year is the main point... he didnt play a single game. so how was he a impact twld player?
                        its based upon the past 2 twls and the past twdt, i prefer 3 sets of statistics to draw upon (source material), rather than 1
                        Last edited by Summa; 06-01-2009, 08:24 PM.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

but according to: http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?...&sb.x=6&sb.y=6 you're using 1280x800 resolution so how can you expect to be near as good as the players who use 1280x1024 and see over 25% more of the screen?
                          wow thanks, i just noticed im '1024x768'

>>http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=pubstats&x=prof&s=rating&player=Draft& sb.x=0&sb.y=0<<

how am i so good on a small screen, cant imagine what i'll do on anything bigger lOL
                          (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                          (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
                            its based upon the past 2 twls and the past twdt, i prefer 3 sets of statistics to draw upon (source material), rather than 1
                            well if thats the case then apok and racka clearly arent 10* wbs either
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

well if thats the case then apok and racka clearly arent 10* wbs either
                              well one, being more recent is obviously more influential, at least in terms of the ratings i filled out. other people may have solely done last twl, some people may have just said fuck humid, his rating system is retarded, let me do it my own way.....oh and i hate eelam so let me give him a rating of 12. i cannot control that. what i can say though, is that next season ardour will have the new site up and all of this will be avoided. it will become put up or shut up time, not subjective preferences.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
                                well one, being more recent is obviously more influential, at least in terms of the ratings i filled out. other people may have solely done last twl, some people may have just said fuck humid, his rating system is retarded, let me do it my own way.....oh and i hate eelam so let me give him a rating of 12. i cannot control that. what i can say though, is that next season ardour will have the new site up and all of this will be avoided. it will become put up or shut up time, not subjective preferences.
                                well im fine with it, im pretty much over the whole * rating thing anyway, I was just being a smartass

still don't see how racka is a 10* though
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X