2009 * Rating Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Summa View Post
    there is a rule in the rules that no one reads that allows scores of people to be raised or lowered if their skill level is deemed disproportionate with the * rating that they should technically be given
    Can I ask who gave you initial ratings for each player in the first place for you to compile that original rating scale? I think it does need to be tweaked and I hope you do.

I suggest going on last seasons TWL statistics to really give a better idea. Players with good averages in their specific league and really high 'highest kill' games should be 8s or 9s for instance, while players with below average twl statistics or just 10-10 recs with 10 kill 'high kill' games should be lower, like 7s.

I know I'm not supposed to talk about my own rating, but if you looked at that, you would see why I'm at least above a 7 in the wb category. I should be an 8 when I'm top 5 twl average and top 5 in 'high kill' games. That reads 'impact twl player' to me over 'regular twl starter'. The same will apply to other players if you read into it. Some players should be 8s instead of 7s, some should be 7s instead of 6s, some should be 6s instead of 8s, etc. Small tweaks, but they might help the league.

Also summa, did you get my email? I would like to have a confirmation, considering my school email doesn't have an "outbox" which really screws me up in making sure it got sent right.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
      Nah, your low rating just means you're as good at playing this game as Might is at not smoking pot, Stayon and dald are at not lagging, PaulOakenfold is at making constructive posts, Summa is at leading twdt, Ignite is at leading a squad with no money involved, Hercules is at winning TWL, Wax is at teaming, soilderz is at sex, Trouper is in relationships, Duel Pasta is at being a non-pedophile, Stargazer fuck is at hosting, Farscape is at speaking English, Eelam is at beating me in a duel, T0ma is at not running and I am at being not awesome....

And this all is just an understatement of how bad you really are.
      So please be adviced to shove that turtleneckcarried nuggetface down your nostrills since that's the only constructive deed you could possibly make up with after such a horrible whinefest. And maybe just maybe, when you recard that and put it up somewhere for the laughter of us all, you'll be let back in the world of my foot up your ass

P.S. Golden_Aim is the devil
      Hey what. I haven't had sex so we don't know if i'm good at it yet..
      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
      1:soild>they can say what they like
      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
        d
        constructive critisms don't have to be so long

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          Can I ask who gave you initial ratings for each player in the first place for you to compile that original rating scale? I think it does need to be tweaked and I hope you do.

I suggest going on last seasons TWL statistics to really give a better idea. Players with good averages in their specific league and really high 'highest kill' games should be 8s or 9s for instance, while players with below average twl statistics or just 10-10 recs with 10 kill 'high kill' games should be lower, like 7s.

I know I'm not supposed to talk about my own rating, but if you looked at that, you would see why I'm at least above a 7 in the wb category. I should be an 8 when I'm top 5 twl average and top 5 in 'high kill' games. That reads 'impact twl player' to me over 'regular twl starter'. The same will apply to other players if you read into it. Some players should be 8s instead of 7s, some should be 7s instead of 6s, some should be 6s instead of 8s, etc. Small tweaks, but they might help the league.

Also summa, did you get my email? I would like to have a confirmation, considering my school email doesn't have an "outbox" which really screws me up in making sure it got sent right.
          understood, but the rankings are also based on last twdt as well and maybe some people take my rating scale and throw it out the window and do their own subjective rankings. i have no control over what other people turn into me, i simply just do my rankings with the utmost diligence and then average out what i get from others

no i did not get you email, i did get rankings from vys and sertifi though, and i am ridiculously busy until saturday at the earliest....or maybe friday really late, so no updates until at least that time
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
            understood, but the rankings are also based on last twdt as well and maybe some people take my rating scale and throw it out the window and do their own subjective rankings. i have no control over what other people turn into me, i simply just do my rankings with the utmost diligence and then average out what i get from others

no i did not get you email, i did get rankings from vys and sertifi though, and i am ridiculously busy until saturday at the earliest....or maybe friday really late, so no updates until at least that time
            I realize you are busy, and I'm not trying to bust your balls. I know everyone here appreciates what you are doing, including myself, especially considering wark and izor were supposed to do it and flaked out. I'm glad you even still care enough to keep this going, because this was a fun league last season.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Personally, I think I'm better than a 5 in warbird and 4 in basing. But, I actually prefer this. This makes me cheaper. Think about it. It's the captains that makes the draft decisions. They're not going for the expensive guys, they're going for the guys that get you the win while being worth the cost.

A good captain doesn't and won't rely on subjective ratings to figure out who is good.

Stop worrying about what other people subjectively rate you as. It's what the TWDT captains decide that matters. If I get drafted and benched, I'm going to be benched because the CAPTAIN thinks I'm unworthy and not because a panel of 9 guys rated me badly.
              -not in game

Comment

Originally posted by not in game View Post
                Personally, I think I'm better than a 5 in warbird and 4 in basing. But, I actually prefer this. This makes me cheaper. Think about it. It's the captains that makes the draft decisions. They're not going for the expensive guys, they're going for the guys that get you the win while being worth the cost.

A good captain doesn't and won't rely on subjective ratings to figure out who is good.

Stop worrying about what other people subjectively rate you as. It's what the TWDT captains decide that matters. If I get drafted and benched, I'm going to be benched because the CAPTAIN thinks I'm unworthy and not because a panel of 9 guys rated me badly.
                lol these guys are too dumb to realize that man. i hope everyone underrates all the people i want to pick. their 2d egos are crushed. ((

Comment

I'm Leveller by the way, I think I made an impact in TWLJ by getting Deliria into semis
                  Ara / AraGee / Death
                  SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                  SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                  TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                  ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
                    I'm Leveller by the way, I think I made an impact in TWLJ by getting Deliria into semis
                    oh so you were the shit talker?

ps. chuckle 11 11 11
                    Last edited by megaman89; 05-22-2009, 05:24 PM.
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

I worked on more ratings tonight, but I didn't finish. I will be away for the majority of the weekend, so expect an update Monday night or Tuesday night with the majority of people rated and a couple of edits to those already rated.
                      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                      Originally posted by kthx
                      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Maketso for the first 11.
                        Last edited by Ara; 05-24-2009, 03:55 PM.
                        Ara / AraGee / Death
                        SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                        TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                        ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Golden_Aim jav = 6 Ambrosia jav = 7 xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD D

Comment

maketso 4/11/4
                            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

LOLLLLLLLLL milpitas is an 8 in base

LOL

Comment

ara..
                                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                                Your friend,
                                ​​Papi
                                ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X