TWDT Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re

no trading, people will trade for people in there squad only lol trust me on that.
    TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
    1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
    1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

ok, humid if you need help just ask me in game, i have played egdl for three seasons and i have a pretty good understanding of draft leagues in general. the value points system is NECESSARY, and i will tell you why. a draft league's BEST impact on the zone is that it gives new players a chance to play with experienced players and learn from them. THE ONLY WAY THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IS IF YOU MAKE IT **MANDATORY** THAT NEW PLAYERS ARE INCLUDED IN EVERY GAME. and the ONLY way to distinguish between a "new player" and an "experienced player" is through a value rating system. everyone should know that when they signup for this draft league, the value rating is being assinged IMPARTIALLY, and that it is a rating based on their skill, activity, leadership, ability to play many ships, etc. to make everyone know the ratings are impartial as possible, form a little group to decide the value on each player. make sure the group is full of experienced, and ACTIVE players, who know what they are talking about. if people don't like their rating, tough shit.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

There are going to be some minor changes to the gameplay section of the rules. I forgot that eliminating one team would create scheduling problems so we r gunna change it to two teams @ a time but double the period of elimination. Also all trades have to go through a commissioner (me as of now), so I'm hoping I won't let any bad trades slip by. A star rating system is going to be implemented. I should have all of it together by the end of the day.
        TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
        TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
        Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
        - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
        Originally posted by kthx
        Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Rules updated for now, more may come later

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

1st of all, thanks for hosting this it seems like good idea with nice little things such as rating. Also, remember this is thing run by you, so if you think something is good and some people disagrees dont rush to change it.

I like rating system, but is it necessary for DRAFT tourny? Could do 2 separed leagues, salary and draft (of course not on same time). It might make hard time for yourself.

Also trading seems quite risky. It's hard to judge trades when you cant know all the facts, maybe allow few trades per team (caps trade) and some extra trades if both players and caps agrees? Altho thats kinda stupid too :P Propably would be best to drop out the trades?

Why do teams have to have one small rated player in, if they still have max rating as a whole? Doesnt the max rating force captains to think who to add anyway?

Comment

free agency added as well as a * cap (salary cap type thing)

ratings for all applied people should be up soon enuf

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

screw this and get TWLM ready when TWL starts.

Talked to humid before and not to burst anyone's bubble but I honestly don't see this working at all. Look at BWC for example. East USA with a roster of what? 80 people barely showed 8 on sunday when I informed players on the forums and some in game. Isn't TWL starting after the summer sometime in the fall? You think people are going to show to this during the summer? You rushed into this just like voth said but hey if you can prove me wrong and make this into something that will work be my guest. Congrats to you then. Last TWDT was a mess if I remember, and there were a shitload of players on each team and great captains for each. You think with 20 people on 8 different teams you will get 8 solid basers 5 solid wbs and 5 solid javs to show each week? No. A few great players will come to play with below average players and say, "screw this." Goodluck
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                1:waven> is if im going to prison
                1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                  screw this and get TWLM ready when TWL starts.

Talked to humid before and not to burst anyone's bubble but I honestly don't see this working at all. Look at BWC for example. East USA with a roster of what? 80 people barely showed 8 on sunday when I informed players on the forums and some in game. Isn't TWL starting after the summer sometime in the fall? You think people are going to show to this during the summer? You rushed into this just like voth said but hey if you can prove me wrong and make this into something that will work be my guest. Congrats to you then. Last TWDT was a mess if I remember, and there were a shitload of players on each team and great captains for each. You think with 20 people on 8 different teams you will get 8 solid basers 5 solid wbs and 5 solid javs to show each week? No. A few great players will come to play with below average players and say, "screw this." Goodluck
                  Well with 172 applicants in 2 days i have a feeling that the roster size will increase. I may just attempt to set some sort of reward for the winners up in order to entice activity, and thank you for the vote of confidence. I understand where your coming from, but hey how hard is it to apply? I mean a person of your caliber will get picked immediately. All you have to do is show up for the first few weeks and see if it flops or not, if it does you were right and no loss to you, if it works then hey you just gained something.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

I know the RULES section of this probably isnt the best thread for this post, but for lack of a better option, gonna post it here anyways.

I'll be hosting radio during the draft on the 20th...It is my understanding that the Captains, myself, and Humi will be in a priv arena during the draft, so I will be offering an up to the minute update on the picks as they happen...thinkin about givin away some shit too, having some competitions, etc....but we'll see where that idea goes. (probably nowhere) You heard it here first.

Comment

I think this star rating system is a bit lacking. It's doesn't seem wide range enough. I was thinking of using the star system but adding some bigger numbers to create a better representation of each player. The star will just summarize the whole.

Try using a numbered rating system to back up the stars. For every hundred of rating points is an additional star. Since the amount of stars you have are based on things such as skill level, experience, activity, and abilities; you can work with this.

The following is for example:

10* = 1000 - 950
                      9* = 949 - 900
                      8* = 899 - 800
                      7* = 799 - 700
                      6* = 699 - 600
                      5* = 599 - 500
                      4* = 499 - 400
                      3* = 399 - 300
                      2* = 299 - 200
                      1* = 199 - 100

What?!
                      Now that's just a rough outline of what I am thinking of in my head. I figure to achieve an additional star requires, not double, but 1 and 1/2 more points than it took to gain the previous star. For example: If it took me 100 points to get a second star, it should take me 150 points to get me a third star and 225 points to achieve a fourth. There should be a blackhole below 100 (or whatever absolute minimum should be) to sort out inactive players which brings me to the next subject.

HOW?!
                      The thing that will decide who loses or gains points are based on what I mentioned earlier: Skill, experience, activity, ability (and whatever else you can think of). The skill and ability should be used to to drop the player onto the chart like how you were doing with the star. If the fella knows how to jav, warbird, and plays the base terr, you can drop him 3*s just for his abilities alone. Then your committee (which should be of more than 6 people diversely picked throughout TW) can decide whether to add additional stars based on his skill (Not sure how this could be figured out.) NOBODY should be, right off the bat, a high tier star player (9* or 10*). They can be dropped off at 8*s but must work under the league parameters to aquire any higher rating. The system should be in affect throughout the entire season of the league play including pre-draft or pre-season, regular season, play-offs, and finals.

Now losing points is simple. You violate rules- you lose points. You don't show for a game- you lose points. You get a bad record in a league game- you lose points (exceptional to certain ship types and games such as the shark in a basing game. playing the shark in a match should exclude you, for that game, from the point system.) Gaining points is just showing up for a league match, winning with a positive record (losing with positive record should create a null: you played good but your team lost. no gain/ no loss), and I would add getting kudos from a captain from another team (This could be used for the advantage of trading. Explained later*). The possibilities are almost endless.

WHEN?!
                      All the decision making and rating building should be done 2 weeks (or more but no less) prior the actual draft. What's an actual draft when the captains have to pick from a list of players whose most names they don't recognize? With the numbered rating system, you could figure them out by their #s. Even during the 2 weeks, you can do alittle scouting work. Watch your hopefuls and do your homework.

FREE AGENTS AND TRADING
                      Free agents is an awesome idea along with trading. This allows players who just recently discovered the tournament during the middle of the tournament be allowed to enter with little restriction. The restriction should be their qualification time (rating building). The free agent may also choose to enter league without rating building and go with the *s that'll be initially given to him based on what I explained earlier on deciding where a player will be placed on the chart. When any player is thrown into the blackhole of the rating system, they are automatically a free agent and if they become more inactive, be booted from the league itself. The parameters for this should be discussed seperately.

Trading should be simple. Not looking at the individual number of a player, the star should be used here for trades. You can trade a low 7* for a high 7* as long as they are BOTH a 7*. You can trade a high 6* and a low 6* for a 10* and a 2*. Because the trade totals to 12 stars, it's a legal trade. Trades can include up to as many as 10 players (or less) at a time. Captains and assistants can NOT be traded. Only in off season can captains and assistants CHOOSE to leave team. When they do leave team, they cannot leave for another team. They have to become a free agent first and allow other teams to choose whether they'd like that person to come onto their team. When that decision is made, that person enters as a PLAYER. Their previous status of the other team will not carry over unless that is exactly the position that is needed.

(*When getting kudos from a captain of another team, it could be enough to boost you up another star level and allow for a trade that may have been impossible previous.)

STAR CAPS
                      The caps should be based on the STARS so to be synonymous with the trading system. All teams should start out with the same cap and for every season, that cap should change. If everyone started at 300 stars as a cap, the winning team of that league in that season should have a cap that either drops or stays static. For the rest of the teams, depending on how soon they were dropped from the league depends on how much they're cap is raised by. Of course the sorriest team (worst overall record) in the league gets to pick first but they should also get a cap boost. Each cap change should be within a reasonable amount at a time (or every season) such as 5 or 6 stars. Team captains of each team also has the right to drop any player from their roster ONLY on the occasion to accommodate the star cap. The only other time a player can be dropped is off season.

Conclusions
                      That is all just about all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. PLEASE consider any or all the options that i've presented along side the rules you have brought to the table. Some may seem awkward but you've got to look at every single aspect and create the rule to tie in the loop hole before the loop hole even exists. I like to look at Murphy's law for creating things like these. For those who don't know what Murphy's law is and are too lazy to look it up. It basically states that "Whatever COULD happen, WILL happen." Basically, if it's possible then you've got to make sure it's not.
                      Last edited by MaGi kOz; 07-06-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I dont get it, in order to pick up a "free agent" you have to be down a man right? So do captains get to remove a player from their roster if they see a player that is better on the free agency list?
                        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

or if you drop someone due to inactivity kk

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

there has to be a legitimate reason for you to drop someone from the roster.

there is no roster cap. just a star cap. so as long as you have the minimum amount of players required to participate without a penalty, then you can pick up as many players as you want as long as you are still below the star cap.

feel me?

89 suck my dick sour grapes after getting beaten in bwc yet again. don't want to see that attitude from someone who could potentially make this league a lot better. offer your help, not your negative attitude. draft leagues are for fun, they're giving EVERYONE an equal shot at winning a league title instead of tossing up a ball and seeing who gets it first; pandora or dice (obviously dice). it offers more opportunity to win something for those middle tier players. not to mention it gives them and lower tier players a shot to play with the pros and maybe learn a thing or two.
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I like the star ratings, unique way of ranking players with some objectivity.

Comment

updated

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                                X