No announcement yet.

TWDT Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updated: *cap number has been set, teams are limitless now (only bound by star cap), and a few other minor changes
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Name: MHz
      put me up pllzzz :P

Comment

Dont make this 4 spider limit. It should be best 5 ships and if all spiders is it why not let it be.

dont start this till after twl rushing this twdt will only cause it to fail. take some time do the planning and just set this thing after twl. Rather have a good twdt later on than a horrible one in the next 2 weeks.
        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
          Dont make this 4 spider limit. It should be best 5 ships and if all spiders is it why not let it be.

dont start this till after twl rushing this twdt will only cause it to fail. take some time do the planning and just set this thing after twl. Rather have a good twdt later on than a horrible one in the next 2 weeks.

i happen to prefer 4 spid limit, and can you stop being so overcritical? plus twl is in mid october probably, the zone will just die out if something isnt going on between now and then. i happen to think it wont fail and if you think otherwise then quit. last time i looked you were registered.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
            i happen to prefer 4 spid limit, and can you stop being so overcritical? plus twl is in mid october probably, the zone will just die out if something isnt going on between now and then. i happen to think it wont fail and if you think otherwise then quit. last time i looked you were registered.
            thank god someone here is aware of the reality and not a fking useless idealist
            great job so far summa
            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

i think there should be a restriction that keeps people from quitting one team and becoming a free agent. They got picked, so they should either just quit altogether or be traded.
              .fffffffff_____
              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
              .fffffff\______/
              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
              .fffff\________/
              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
              .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                i think there should be a restriction that keeps people from quitting one team and becoming a free agent. They got picked, so they should either just quit altogether or be traded.
                you have to get dropped by your captain, you can't just quit ur team

edit: some updates to the rules too, just a few minor ones
                Last edited by Summa; 07-08-2008, 02:32 PM.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Shouldnt of changed the EGDL rule about the low vp's

If you dont have a 6vp or lower who shows up then they simply play 1 man down. That puts more pressure to find those key low vps. If managers are smart, they can have no low vps showup vs the harder opponents, and play 2 vs easier.

And this dont happen often, but I agree with Voth. EGDL took months to make there's happen, the rules u listed look like you took about 3 hrs. EGDL is also ran by some of the oldest players in EG atm. This here is ran by a buncha newbies, no offence. Also EGDL had experienced leaders for the squads.
                  Last edited by Cig Smoke; 07-08-2008, 06:38 PM.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

you know what, thats it. that is the last fucking flame post or pm I'm taking. if you don't like how i'm running shit and you wanna bitch about it then just quit it and leave. and i am going to make myself adamant about seeing this league through successfully if not only for the pleasure of rubbing it in all of your faces, and maybe i wouldn't have a staff of "newbies" (even though the only real staff is me, pl, hms stargazer, preda, and riistar) if some of the good people actually stepped up and got involved, but hey that would be too much right? so lets just sit there and watch the zones imminent demise come instead of doing something. the "poor ratings" which seem to only come from those who didn't get the ranking they "deserve" is also a result of no help from those who probably would have been better informed. and cig read my other post about why this isn't taking months to start up, there is more of a story to it than that but i wont post it here

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Personaly you never came to me about helping run the league or i wouldnt mind putting my 2 cents to help it go. Besides, I think atleast what i'm saying is "constructive critisism" for the most part. I didnt know there was even any talk about a TWDT, and I'm sure alot of other playesr didnt know (still dont know) and im sure you didnt contact alot of other players about it.

And if you cant handle critisism, why dont you quit? Because trust me, you're gonna get alot worst then me calling you a newbie in the future when things start going wrong.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

well buggy, trust me, ur calling me a newb is miniscule compared to the endless shit i've caught for every aspect of this league. and if anyone wants to take the rankings and redo them be my guest, it took a very long time so have fun doing that, but i really dont see why people are so heated over it, its just a value system,pay x for y player

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Beacuse thast what makes the actual draft league what it is. If you have ppl like hak who is a 7 vp at best, listed as a 10 vp it will affect that team. Also having ppl undervalued is even a more problem that no one bitched about because they are worried where they are valued.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I know, let's all complain about something being given to us for free!!!

I suggest removing any whining/bitching player from TWDT-- as opposed to players that give constructive criticism. Oh, and also remove all players that don't have necks.
                            sdg

Comment

It dont realy matter if they remove me or not this "TWDT" isnt realy important if i win it or not. Its not TWL, and sorry if you werent around back when these Draft leagues were tried before in TW, but i'll inform you, they've always went very very badly, and infact most of the reasons are the same that I and others are complaining about (bad captains, mistakes in rating, not much time put into it) And maybe i'm being to judgemental on it, but i'm sorry i just played in EGDL for the 1st time and what i seen there from the start, and what i seen here, you would notice the difference too. You can ask Endangerd or Voth, im sure they'd both back this.

On a side note. You just gave ur opinion / advice that complaining ppl shouldnt be allowed to play. Thats the same exact thing i'v done.
                              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke View Post
                                It dont realy matter if they remove me or not this "TWDT" isnt realy important if i win it or not. Its not TWL, and sorry if you werent around back when these Draft leagues were tried before in TW, but i'll inform you, they've always went very very badly, and infact most of the reasons are the same that I and others are complaining about (bad captains, mistakes in rating, not much time put into it)

On a side note. You just gave ur opinion / advice that complaining ppl shouldnt be allowed to play. Thats the same exact thing i'v done.
                                i dont know if you were around back in the days of twdt's before, but there was no rating, and ive put almost my entire past 5 days into this b/c im layed up w/ a pulled hamstring, i think thats a little bit of devotion

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                                X