Zung won by top5squad for 10/10/10/30
    Schope won by top5squad for 4/4/4/12
    Children won by Candy King for 10/10/10/30
    MHz won by Candy King for 4/4/4/12
    Jacklyn won by Candy King for 4/4/4/12
    Chao won by Ruby for 4/4/4/12
    Element GLT won by Ez or Wut for 4/4/4/12

Calculating Roster sizes and total *s
    The dropping of players is recorded in the Admin panel for me to see plainly. The dropping of players from now until Monday is strictly prohibited. Note that on Monday if you drop a player you will incur a 5* penalty to your cap.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Awe lol I was going to update on my phone from this club but humid Beat me to it.
      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

This free agency thing really sucks ass...

First off, Doing a 45* bid on delectable and then winning him for 24*s is bullshit.

Second, when I bid my bid on Scoop for 39*s I had 48hrs to go, whoever overbidded me after that shouldn't have won him just like that without me knowing about it and giving me a chance to overbid because the 48 hours we're not up. If youre just gonna accept anyone that did the bid on friday at midnight than this bidding system is no different than in the past, it only has a gayer twist to it.

Penalize me however you will on not having a 30 man roster for the matches, losing interest, peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
          This free agency thing really sucks ass...

First off, Doing a 45* bid on delectable and then winning him for 24*s is bullshit.

Second, when I bid my bid on Scoop for 39*s I had 48hrs to go, whoever overbidded me after that shouldn't have won him just like that without me knowing about it and giving me a chance to overbid because the 48 hours we're not up. If youre just gonna accept anyone that did the bid on friday at midnight than this bidding system is no different than in the past, it only has a gayer twist to it.

Penalize me however you will on not having a 30 man roster for the matches, losing interest, peace.
          you did have a chance to overbid him you should have known a player like scoop would have been hotly contested and been there to decide 2 up the bid on him before midnight tonight if you had wanted him that badly. I think the system actually worked out fairly well it was just a lapse in strategy on your part.

Just like a lapse in strategy on my part allowed me 2 be overbid on a couple of players even tho it was my understanding those players werent going 2 be gone after but I wuz mistaken and now i'm penalized 4 it. but its all good I will take it like a man and play next week.

Comment

It has nothing to do with strategy, it's just lame bypassing of the rules again. Publicizing on how many stars you put on a player to show everyone youre winning and not to bother putting stars on him and then just change up everything the last few minutes before midnight and bidding on more players?

Like I said, bidding system is just the same as the last time but lamer cause now you can retract your bid and save up yours stars and no one knows about it until you see the players going in their roster.

Can't wait until this is done and TWL starts again

Comment

http://yankov.us/rage/
              Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
                It has nothing to do with strategy, it's just lame bypassing of the rules again. Publicizing on how many stars you put on a player to show everyone youre winning and not to bother putting stars on him and then just change up everything the last few minutes before midnight and bidding on more players?

Like I said, bidding system is just the same as the last time but lamer cause now you can retract your bid and save up yours stars and no one knows about it until you see the players going in their roster.

Can't wait until this is done and TWL starts again
                i think i would advise that you should learn to abuse the system

that way next time we can all bitch about how unfair and lame it is that you win *insert player name here* for 24 stars despite bidding on him for 45 earlier

it was a top 5 strategy, shame it left you out in the cold brudda
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Singer I think the fact that captains are able to retract bids at anytime is the problem here. There is nothing stopping one cap to bid max on all players he believes will be in play on a wednesday with zero risk of winning the players because of the 48 hour rule. Then, the Wednesday list would look something like

Player A: 50* by cap1
                  Player B: 50* by cap1
                  Player C: 50* by cap1
                  etc etc.

then after Wednesday, it's all just a game of chance for everyone. Cap1 can and will retract many of his bids, but nobody will know which ones. for a closed bidding system to work, you should not be able to retract bids. Maybe make a grace period of 30 minutes or something for honest mistakes. Also I think Singer being punished for not having enough players would be unfair in this situation. It's not like he didn't try to get enough players. He had no way of knowing before the end of bidding and no way of fixing it after, and I'm not even on his squad. As it stands right now, the bidding system has many flaws in my opinion.

edit: Jaa did well to abuse the system, I agree. It's what he should be doing. I just think the system should be fixed somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by AnidaLife View Post
                    Also I think Singer being punished for not having enough players would be unfair in this situation. It's not like he didn't try to get enough players. He had no way of knowing before the end of bidding and no way of fixing it after, and I'm not even on his squad.
                    and this is what i consider to be the advantage of being a lower rated player - captains like ease essentially get an extra first round pick, have to make sure he has enough players or he loses himself and his top pick, but then theres 15* me and i dont really give a shit if i don't play, so i took bigger risk with free agents.

it seems to have worked out fine. problem?

Comment

i believe the bidding system should definitely be reworked, if it is going to remain in the future. either no one shouldn't be allowed to retract bids (after 10mins) unless someone bids higher than you -- or similar to this scenario:

Captain A bids *26 on Player Y on monday, leaving him 16 extra stars.
                      Captain B bids *29 on Player Y on thursday, leaving him 0 extra stars.

Captain A's bid would be "deleted" due to the higher bid made by Captain B, and he could choose to bid on a new player or try to overbid Captain B.

of course you shouldn't show ..

-who bid on the player
                      -what the current bid is

idk? either way, should be reworked for next week (or next season at least) if you wish to keep this system. :P

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                        and this is what i consider to be the advantage of being a lower rated player - captains like ease essentially get an extra first round pick, have to make sure he has enough players or he loses himself and his top pick, but then theres 15* me and i dont really give a shit if i don't play, so i took bigger risk with free agents.

it seems to have worked out fine. problem?
                        wanna read the last line of my post? I said you did well. I'm trying to give an objective opinion on the system itself. do you have to be an ass with that attitude?

Comment

Originally posted by AnidaLife View Post
                          wanna read the last line of my post? I said you did well. I'm trying to give an objective opinion on the system itself. do you have to be an ass with that attitude?
                          im probably top 5 troll in tw.

Comment

The system I proposed would have just straight up ended on wednesday with another 2 days of bidding thursday and friday.

With this system, the bids were accepted after 48 hours if there were no other bids, so if you saw yours or someone else's bid didn't end in 48 hours, there had to be other bids or changed bids. As to the scoop bid, there were bids of 39, 42 and 43 as of like wednesday. Essentially 2 full days of bids very high on scoop.

To turban, not retracting bids gives anyone who bids right away a disadvantage if someone else signs up. Unless we locked signups before the FA period started, this would not work. As to the system alerting/cancelling your bid if you were overbid, if this is programmable it might work. It can be abused by just raising your bid by 1 every time if you bid too low though. Eventually you will bid high enough to just go over by 1. This leads to 2 people bidding back and forth up to one of their maximums anyways, making the system irrelevant.
                            Last edited by Black Mage; 06-12-2010, 03:20 AM.
                            When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

heard singer is canadian

Comment

Yeah, sure, go ahead, laugh, rub it in.

Not like I hadn't thought of doing the same thing you did.

Just figured staff would not have allowed that kind of bullshit but I'm guessing cheating in the bids is the cool way to go. Good job, you're a pro cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X