No announcement yet.

Pre-Season Bidding Wednesday Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing I've noticed that is really going to ruin this season is one team focusing on stacking players for one league. I looked at Jaa's WB roster and it is absolutely ridiculous. I do not fault him for this because he only wants to win TWDT-D.

By stacking wb's the competition of the whole league will be lowered. I could be wrong and half of that team might not show but I think you can see where I'm going with this.

EDIT: I looked at some of the other teams. T5S won't win anyways.
    Last edited by Lock; 06-12-2010, 10:18 AM.
    3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

It's hard to say Jaa is stacking for one league when he added so many basers in FA: zung, royst, schope, and dead_rain.

Jaa may have done well in FA but Ruby added 8 (7 yesterday) players.
      Last edited by Black Mage; 06-12-2010, 10:28 AM.
      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Yeah, I agree that some things where wrong with the bidding...
        I also thought of him lowering the bids on those 2 players...
        And yes If I would've had more then 25 left, I would've bid them on one of those players that got a very high bid in the start, because I knew they were probably lowered because the bids weren't accepted after the 48 hours... and lets be real, no one would overbid 45*s on those 2 players...
        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
          It's hard to say Jaa is stacking for one league when he added so many basers in FA: zung, royst, schope, and dead_rain.

Jaa may have done well in FA but Ruby added 8 (7 yesterday) players.
          Ya now that I looked harder at his roster I realized he had most of those wb's were from the draft plus half of them won't even show up.

I with you guys on the bid retraction. It should not be allowed. I saw a bid for 45* on delecatable yet he was taken at 8/8/8 - 24*. How does it make sense to let people bid high on someone? It deters others from overbidding that price of 45* only for that bid to be retracted...It really makes no sense at all.
          3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

well since every1 seems to be in an understanding mood, and it was a new system with a few flaws, maybe we could give myself and singer a pass this weekend to be allowed to play :P

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
              As to the scoop bid, there were bids of 39, 42 and 43 as of like wednesday. Essentially 2 full days of bids very high on scoop.
              39 - singer
              42 - singer boost it to 42 or was it someone else? haha
              43 - me, gg
              (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
              (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
              (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
              (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Lock View Post
                I with you guys on the bid retraction. It should not be allowed. I saw a bid for 45* on delecatable yet he was taken at 8/8/8 - 24*. How does it make sense to let people bid high on someone? It deters others from overbidding that price of 45* only for that bid to be retracted...It really makes no sense at all.
                that is strat by jaa, i thought of doing that as well and i'm pretty sure all the other captains did as well except dreamwin but were all stressed out on getting a roster of 30 so we didn't bother bidding on dele

Comment

::cries::
                  3x TWLD All-Star
                  2x TWLD Finals MVP
                  2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                    well since every1 seems to be in an understanding mood, and it was a new system with a few flaws, maybe we could give myself and singer a pass this weekend to be allowed to play :P
                    That will be up to humid.
                    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Lol even though I'm ranked 4/6/5 y do I show up as 444?

Rofl way to give me even more of an advantage to win twdt in wb gj.

gonna bring me racka regen apok and expert to championship.
                      TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                      2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                      TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                      TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                      cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                      Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by curse View Post
                        Lol even though I'm ranked 4/6/5 y do I show up as 444?

Rofl way to give me even more of an advantage to win twdt in wb gj.

gonna bring me racka regen apok and expert to championship.
                        Who in the world are you
                        3x TWLD All-Star
                        2x TWLD Finals MVP
                        2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

In regards to singer's situation. The normal penalty would be a total of a 2 wk ban for him as captain and then a 2 wk ban (at the least) for his most expensive player. However, this was for the most part my error in design and implementation. I had geared the rules and league design to deal with a forum-based bidding system, not one integrated through the site. Zazu has more than exceeded my expectations and it has been my design and instruction that has caused some errors in the bidding system, not the coding. I take most of the responsibility for how things have developed.

All of that said, Singer still should have met the roster limit. However, he did have enough bids out to meet the 30 minimum, but got fucked by the bid editing manipulation problem we ran into. So I am going to make it so that only Singer himself is unavailable for this weekend and this weekend alone because the majority of the problems caused were my errors.

If you disagree with the decision, feel free to appeal it to tres or go fuck yourself. Have a nice day,
                          Humid
                          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                          Originally posted by kthx
                          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
                            Penalize me however you will on not having a 30 man roster for the matches, losing interest, peace.
                            ^ lol at this, the 'losing interest' part probably touched humid i see.

but anyway i didn't see any errors, did you jaa? singer can play if he wants since he sucks, but not stayon, i bidded on scoop knowing singer won't have 30 so stayon(his most expensive player) will sit during twdtb (SORRY STAYON)

edit; singers fault not yours humid, he took a gamble and lost, he should of played it safe like ease/pj/mm/dw but he bidded on the risky players(those who already have bids and are good) with me/jaa/thrill and lost

i'll bet if i were the captain without 30 players, u wouldn't give a fuck humid. also, it's not fair for those who struggled for the 30.. if you letting singer's top player slide, let the 6* rule slide for those got 30 or something

i'll be pasting this to tres if needed, losing interest, peace.

Comment

maybe it's humid's fault.

maybe it's the fault of the system.

or, maybe... just maybe, it is singer's own fault. all the captains played by the same rules. some came out of FA with the players they wanted. others didn't. we only need to look back to previous seasons to see that this isn't the first time it's happened with singer. two seasons ago, he got screwed over by midnight bids. the reason, of course, is that he has a life, got better things to do on friday night, etc. cuz, you know... never mind that he signed up to be captain.

fast forward to the current season where the rules were altered to prevent midnight snipe bids. i repeat, the rules were changed for the benefit of people like singer, who have lives. and yet, he emerges once again as the captain who gets screwed in free agency. no, singer, i am not passing judgment on your intelligence nor your ability to play 2d spaceships, but perhaps you shouldn't have signed up to be captain if you weren't ready to go guerrilla in free agency.

the way i see it, you brought a knife to a gun fight, and are now complaining that people brought better weapons than you. step up son.
                              Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Does the same situation apply 2 me as well? I also had enough bids out to have 30 players. Or, if possible, rookie mistake by me, I had dropped 2 players that werent going to show that no one else bidded on, so perhaps you could just add those players back to my roster and give me 30?

Comment

Working...
                                X